X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Squads

1. DIRTI TACT

- Squad Leader: TG-Irr Oldirti

- Description: Follow SL/com orders be it atk/def.

- Rules: 2 medics/no snipers/tell SL what you're using

2. KIELBASA (MUJAHIDEEN on insurg)

- Squad Leader: Gumball

- Description: I follow the Com most of the time. I like flanking and setting ambushes a lot if the time comes. I expect my squad members to follow my orders.I will listen to you and ask what the best coarse is to achieve victory!. I also like to ask my SM's what to do next and see what they want to do.

- Rules: 2 medics at all time/No HAT or Sniper(unless you ask for approval)/All other kits are fine

3. VOIP DEF (|TG-MD6| D on Thursdays)

- Squad Leader: |TG| SG_Bernout

- Description: I follow commander orders barring a mutiny from the SMs. The goal is to focus on defense since it so often overlooked.

- Rules: Dedicated Medic, Rifleman and AT (Combat Eng/LAT/HAT) for the entire round/Other 2 SMs grab kits as needed by the situation/No limitations

4. Rebel Scum

- Squad Leader: BetterDeadThanRed

- Description: We are rebels, and we are scum. (And I normally defend east tower on Mestia)

- Rules:1 medic at all times/1+ sappers at all times/No snipers unless stolen from enemy/Be rebels/Be scum

5. 6thSniper Or Sabotage

- Squad Leader: TG-6th TheSkudDestroyer

- Description: (for sniping) Covert insertion behind or on frontlines to provide Sniper support; Recon for CO, Armor, Infantry, and Air Support; Anti-Infantry/Officer duties; Defense/
    (For Sab)Infiltration of enemy flag areas to destroy CO assets, and CO assets only. Also can act as roadside ambush. Operation in OGT, rarely in other maps.

- Rules: (for Sniping)1 Spotter, 1 Sniper. Possible third for Marksman or extra security/Weapons cold/TS use with other squads preferred./
    (For Sab) 1-3 max players/Hold fire unless fired upon/Avoid Contact or killing enemies unless necessary

6. TG Assault

- Squad Leader: |TG-6th|Dirtboy

- Description: Just a hard Hitting offensive squad. It also serves as a "Welcome to TG" squad and willing to teach new players how to attack and hold a flag. This squad is never locked and welcomes new players.

- Rules: 2 medics, 2 riflemen, and one "jack of all trades" kit (H-AT,engy...)

7. TG INF or TG PIRATES

- Squad Leader: |TG-Irr|d1sp0sabl3

- Description: We follow CO orders when one is present. I will run an armor squad occasionally, but I really prefer boots on the ground. My squad is usually tenacious on defense, and a majority of the regulars in my squad take a great deal of pride in that.

- Rules: Follow SL orders I don't micro-manage my squad (I trust each player to do their best to assist the squad and accomplish our goals without me having to tell everyone what to do)/If I want a sniper or marksman, I'll ask for one/I usually take point so medics are needed

8. TAC INFT (Airbrn & Armor also exsit)

- Squad Leader: [KTA]ratlover232

- Description: Standard grunt squad, ground pounders. Welcoming to new players and PR vets alike/VOIP not required, but is essential to a positive gaming experience

- Rules: 2 medics/2 rifleman/1 support (depending on map)

9. VOIP or CO SUPPORT

- Squad Leader: |TG| AFsoccer

- Description: My goal is to be the CO's right hand squad... be it building assets, attacking, or defending.

- Rules: The type of kit really depends on the map and the situation/I try to use people's strengths by getting them in the kit or equipment that they are best in, as long as it fits the squad's mission/Be responsive to voice commands. I love new players in the squad and also try to help the new COs

So if you have a dedicated squad that you make all the time just put it in that format and it will be added to the first post.
    Try to keep description kind of short as there are many squads out there.
    Last edited by SamO; 12-04-2007, 10:39 PM. Reason: OP request

Re: Known Squads

Squad Leader: Gumball

Squad name: KIELBASA (MUJAHIDEEN on insurg)

Description: I follow the Com most of the time. I like flanking and setting ambushes a lot if the time comes. I expect my squad members to follow my orders, if you dont think the order is a great idea, i will listen to you and ask what the best coarse is to achieve victory!. I also like to ask my SM's what to do next and see what they want to do.

Rules:
    2 medics at all time
    No HAT or Sniper(unless you ask for approval)
    All other kits are fine

Comment

Could an admin change the thread title to "Dedicated Squads" Please?

Comment

Squad Leader: |TG| SG_Bernout

Squad name: VOIP DEF (or |TG-MD6| D on Thursdays)

Description: I follow commander orders barring a mutiny from the SMs. ;) The goal is to focus on defense since it so often overlooked. I also try to do this in POE2 on occasion but inevitably end up attacking most of the time. AAS rules!

Rules:
        Dedicated Medic, Rifleman and AT (Combat Eng/LAT/HAT) for the entire round.
        Other 2 SMs grab kits as needed by the situation. No limitations.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Squad Leader: BetterDeadThanRed

Squad name: Rebel Scum (Rebel scum)

Description: We are rebels, and we are scum. (And I normally defend east tower)

Rules:
          1 medic at all times.
          1+ sappers at all times.
          No snipers unless stolen from enemy.
          Be rebels.
          Be scum.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Re: Dedicated Squads

Squad Leader: TG-6th TheSkudDestroyer

Squad Name: 6thSniper

Description: Covert insertion behind or on frontlines to provide heavy weapon support (M82/M95); Recon for CO, Armor, Infantry, and Air Support; Anti-Infantry/Officer duties; Defense.

Rules:
            1 Spotter, 1 Sniper. Possible third for Marksman or extra security.
            Weapons cold.
            TS use with other squads preferred.
            Patience.

Squad Leader: TG-6th TheSkudDestroyer

Squad Name: Sabotage (the one and only, boys)

Description: Infiltration of enemy flag areas to destroy CO assets, and CO assets only. Also can act as roadside ambush. Operation in OGT, rarely in other maps.

Rules:
            1-3 max
            Weapons cold unless fired upon, or in open territory.
            Avoid Contact at all costs; avoid killing enemy combatants unless necessary. The 6th prefers to win through guile, not force.

------------------

By the way, not a bad thread. Lets new players see some of the recurring forces on our server. Reserved slots? Bad idea, creates drama. I do, however, pick and choose who is in my squad.

The replies in this thread should be squads you're known for doing on a regular basis. 3 Man Tank, CO support, etc are expected. I list sabotage because I see a huge recurrence of these squads recently. Often they are inappropriate, poorly done, and don't accomplish their goal. I support the idea, but if you create one, please realize how many players you are taking from the rest of the team, etc. I list mine because really, I basically play sabotage on OGT. That's it. Other maps dont often work for it.

EDIT: I try to stick "6th" in front of my squad names when I make them. For example, my three man tank squads are "just that" or "6th Panzer"
            Skud

Comment

Squad Leader: |TG-6th|Dirtboy

Squad Name: TG Assault

Just a hard Hitting offensive squad. It also serves as a "Welcome to TG" squad and willing to teach new players how to attack and hold a flag.

Kits: 2 medics, 2 riflemen, and one "jack of all trades" kit (H-AT,engy...)

This squad is never locked and welcomes new players.
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Skud try to keep it to one squad please, if you have 2 integrate them.

and the reserved spots would be like, if you sign up for my squad and i have full 6 people then ill kick someone for you.

i like the discrips ...short and sweet (like dirtboys/mine) just for thread purpouses only. If i feel a need to cut yours down don't feel sad. but try to keep to the format dirtboy

Ill update the list in about an hour or 2 i got to do homework, skud/dirtboy ill get you.

Comment

Squad: TG INF or TG PIRATES
                  Squad Leader: |TG-Irr|d1sp0sabl3

Mission: We follow CO orders when one is present unless the orders just don't make sense. I will run an armor squad occasionally, but I really prefer boots on the ground. My squad is usually tenacious on defense, and a majority of the regulars in my squad take a great deal of pride in that.

Rules:
                  Follow SL orders I don't micro-manage my squad - I trust each player to do their best to assist the squad and accomplish our goals with me having to tell everyone what to do at all times. (If you want to SL, form a squad of your own)
                  If I want a sniper or marksman, I'll ask for one.
                  If you want to score a bunch of points, be a medic in my squad :)
                  Be prepared to have a little fun I try to keep it loose - you should, too. It is a game, after all.

Free beer (got your attention, didn't I?)

I was lucky enough to be able to play in a "Learn TG" squad or two my first couple of times on the server, so I try to pass that on by being patient with new players and go out of my way to explain and show things to new PR players. There's a TG'er in everyone.

I never lock my squad and it is open to anyone.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

\/ Just add the first one. \/

- Squad name: TAC INFT

- Description: Standard grunt squad, ground pounders. You will see this squad up most days on TG. Welcoming to new players and PR vets alike. VOIP is not required, but is essential to a positive gaming experience. Generally employs a loadout of:

(1x) Officer
                    (2x) Medic
                    (2x) Rifleman
                    (1x) Light Support Gunner*

*On armour maps, can be exchanged with L-AT/H-AT

- Rules: No Snipers or Marksmen without specific SL orders. Squad leader should be driver of light vehicles, to ease miscommunication as to movement orders. Follow SL orders. Keep it fairly clean, I have no issue with an occasional miss, but don't be excessive.

- Squad name: TAC AIRBRN

- Description: Airborne Infantry, Quick Reaction Team and Assault squad. Uses helocopters to outflank, outmanuver, and decimate the enemy. Same atmosphere as mentioned before. Squad loadout is varied, SL usually as pilot with a standard kit selection.

- Rules: No Snipers or Marksmen without specific SL orders. Follow SL orders. Keep it fairly clean, I have no issue with an occasional miss, but don't be excessive. Bail quickly. :)

- Squad name: TAC ARMOR

- Description: Regular armour squad. You will seldom see this squad up, as I am a hardcore infantry guy. Again, same atmosphere. VOIP is - Rules: No Snipers or Marksmen without specific SL orders. Squad leader should be driver of light vehicles, to ease miscommunication as to movement orders. Follow SL orders. Keep it fairly clean, I have no issue with an occasional miss, but don't be excessive.

- Rules: No Snipers or Marksmen without specific SL orders. Squad leader should be driver of light vehicles, to ease miscommunication as to movement orders. Follow SL orders. Keep it fairly clean, I have no issue with an occasional miss, but don't be excessive.

--If you need to cut it down to one squad, just include the TAC INFT. Its the most common squadname I use--
                    Last edited by ratlover232; 12-04-2007, 10:01 PM.

Comment

- Squad name: VOIP or CO SUPPORT

- Squad Leader: |TG| AFsoccer

- Description: My goal is to be the CO's right hand squad... be it building assets, attacking, or defending.

- Rules: The type of kit really depends on the map and the situation. I try to use people's strengths by getting them in the kit or equipment that they are best in, as long as it fits the squad's mission. I highly encourage voip (but if you're responsive to voice commands, then that's probably okay too). I love new players in the squad and also try to help the new COs.

Comment

For the love of god, limit it to 1 squad...2 if there is a HUGE difference in them...

Comment

Squad Leader: |TG-6th|WAREHOUSE
                          Squad Name: 6TH DEVILS

Description: Fast-paced, OFFENSIVE, infantry squad. While I respect CO orders, I look to press the front lines whenever possible. Be prepared for plenty of attack orders, and move orders that will likely change before we get to target. I know the maps well and have set strategies to deploy. While open to ideas, I expect people to follow orders and keep the squad on target. While I might come across short-tempered, I mean well...and if u mesh in my squad I think you will enjoy playing PRM the way I think it was meant to be played.

Kits: Point man will always be assigned, everything else is optional. Medics always welcome, snipers are not. VOIP only.
                          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Squad name: 3-man tank
                            squad leader: TheGreatNardini

description: I am always the tank driver. Tank has 1 gunner and 1 engineer in the .50. If another person asks for an invite I will have them follow the tank with the repair Humvee. SL/driver spots out targets and marks them with the waypoints, gunner always has SABOT loaded unless SL specifies otherwise. If we're ambushing enemy armor one engineer will go ahead and scout.

Squad: Jihad (albasrah only)
                            Squad leader: TheGreatNardini
                            description: This squad is for suicide cars only. Everyone spawn sappers and continually goes on the lookout for enemy vehicles, or troops if the situation calls for it.

Squad: Jets (kashan 64 only, when new maps come out we'll see what they offer)
                            Squad Leader: TheGreatNardini
                            Description: SL takes the interceptor, seconds interceptor and CAS aircraft are divvied up at the start of the round, usually depending on when a player joins the squad. Players are assigned to an aircraft (i.e. CAS aircraft or interceptor) and doesn't change unless everyone agrees. The sole purpose of the interceptors are to hunt down the enemy aircraft, unless a desperate situation arises (i.e. broken arrow). The CAS aircraft (A-10 and Su) hunt down armor first, or hit occupied flags. If commander wants an area attacked he'll give me a waypoint on the exact area he wants hammered and CAS aircraft will go to work.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Squad name: TG 6th
                              Squad Leader: Ferris
                              Kits: 1-2 medics, 1-2 rifleman, other kits designated by SL as needed.
                              Description: All purpose reaction squad. Available for any role at the commander's discretion, primarily flag offense/defense, specializing in setting and maintining an all-out defense of a CP. Squad can also retask to AT or commander support in short order.

Rules: I'm generally pretty easy going as a squad leader as long as you do your job and do it professionally, otherwise I will not hesitate to boot you and find someone better. The main points I drop squaddies for are lonewolfing, inappropriate kits, failure to follow orders and whining. If we have a job to do, we have a job to do and thats the bottom line. If you dont like the job, find another squad instead of clogging up my headset with chatter about how we should move to the next flag. I welcome players of all skill levels and will never gripe at anyone for not having a huge k:d ratio as long as they do their job to the best of their abilities.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X