Check out the BF Bad Company footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the BF Bad Company footage

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xijncXnNJQ8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xijncXnNJQ8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Looking pretty good...anyone know more about this?

StevieRay
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: Check out the BF Bad Company footage

Sorry, I am an idiot...try this...

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xijncXnNJQ8&feature=related[/media]

Comment

and a little more...

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=km1MZ0iS--I&NR=1[/media]

Comment

And, just to keep it going....good tunes with this one...

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T2S6beDVP8I&NR=1[/media]

Comment

Think this is EA's BF3 but knowing EA it will take the PRM team to make it enjoyable (unless you like vBF2 that is).

EA's definition of "reality" tends to be graphics rather than game play so I would imagine it will end up being an arcade game as well but sure does look sweet (then again so did COD4 eh? ).

Oh and DICE sold out to EA for $24M
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

It isn't for PC though right?

It just looks like another, "Hey cool awesome graphics and I can blow stuff up!" with horrible game play-game.

Comment

Nope, last I read/checked, bad company is the console game.

There is a rumored BF3 being worked on though.

Comment

The battlefield 3 is supposedly using the "frostbite DX" engine, and since bad Company uses the Frostbite engine it should look similar at least

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Aye, same engine, but I think the approach on the console games is a bit more arcadey, and its going to have a single player aspect to it to I believe, you're a mercenary and are caught up in a war or something like that, while the PC one will probably follow the tune of the past battlefield games.

Comment

as long as PRM gets ported to the frostbite engine I dont care how the actual game is
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                      Think this is EA's BF3 but knowing EA it will take the PRM team to make it enjoyable (unless you like vBF2 that is).

EA's definition of "reality" tends to be graphics rather than game play so I would imagine it will end up being an arcade game as well but sure does look sweet (then again so did COD4 eh? ).

Oh and DICE sold out to EA for $24M
                      Amen.

EA's job is to produce a game that balances gameplay with realism so it is marketable to everyone, from noob to l33t.

PRM is a niche game - we love it but what percentage of the overall BF2 population plays PRM (or POE or AIX or [email protected] etc.)? EA wants *everyone* to find at least something enjoyable in BF2 (and BF3) - more customers.

What they need to do is become more like Valve and support their community of players - don't sell us expansion packs to get more maps - let us use community-made maps for free. Better support for MOD teams is needed. Better and easier tools for mapping, etc.

On topic - Bad Company looks like fun, in an "arcady" kind of way. The engine looks nice - like the destructable environments - that will make multi-player very interesting once it makes it's way to the PC. The possibilities are endless with that engine - or at least endless compared to the BF2 engine.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
                        as long as PRM gets ported to the frostbite engine I dont care how the actual game is
                        Yep. I concur!
                        Skud

Comment

Good enough for me!
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Looks like what Call of Duty 4 would have looked like if it sucked. Completely unimpressed that they think that thing is worthy of the Battlefield title. I might have been impressed if the hind didn't take 100000000000000 20mm shells from the Vulcan (and what the hell is a vulcan doing there anyway?) and tank shells weren't stopped by half an inch of sheet rock.

And in case you guys didn't notice, the "destructible environments" are really a more flashy version of the PR kind. Notice how the holes will some times appear 5 or so feet away from where the explosion occurred. (and once the building has holes blown in it, the tank is no longer able to cause any more damage)

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

This is what gets me depressed... Since playing PR (especially latest versions) I cannot stand any other FPS. If PRM doesn't get ported I'm going to be playing on the BF2 engine 20years after it was created -.-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X