Password Nights...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Nights...

As many of you know, password nights have gotten increasingly ridiculous. People have been looking up the TG password on Google and obtaining it without even a glance at the server rules. I would like to propose that there be a mandatory test on server rules that each person has to pass in order to get the password. Is this feesable?

Thanks,
    Milo
    In-Game: Milo.Higgins

Re: Password Nights...

I think that idea crosses the line into unfriendly clique-ness.

I believe there are ways to have it not index by google if that is your concern.

Comment

Wow, you guys are that good that people are forced to google your password. good job! :p

I'm not a admin for PR, but I doubt it'll fly. It's not fair to the community to be "tested" becuase of a random smacktard wanted to google and password and ignore the rules. PM your admins of rule violaters. I know I would never shy away any report and get to the bottom of any incident, including tactics like bunnyhopping. Would you want to be tested of your faith because someone else wanted to break a rule?
      The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
      mutual respect for your fellow gamers
      and where all members
      would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
      Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Originally posted by H&K[MiLo] View Post
        As many of you know, password nights have gotten increasingly ridiculous. People have been looking up the TG password on Google and obtaining it without even a glance at the server rules. I would like to propose that there be a mandatory test on server rules that each person has to pass in order to get the password. Is this feesable?

Thanks,
        Milo

Even without the smacktards googling the password, password nights have gotten increasingly juvenile. It turns into "bend the rules and hide behind the guise of teamwork" night.

I should know, I got banned for doing something I've seen done to me hundreds of times.
        But I will take it like a man, whatever.
        Gives me time to focus on my art and schoolwork.

Comment

I don't think Google can index attachments from vBulletin. You need to be logged in to access it(?)

The problem is that it is still a game. People for the most part play to have fun (And it's always more fun when you are winning!)

The borders can be pushed on every rule both imposed by the game and the TG server itself to better yourself and the team. Even something as trivial as map borders - riding the outskirts on the map (on maps such as oilfield) gives you an advantage. I think its pretty clear that all the armour on the map uses this advantage.

Seems that mines keep getting closer to bases, sabotage squads keep getting more aggressive, helicopters keep getting closer to fighting before "safety zone" (which is retarded IMO), rallys keep getting hidden in better spots, tanks keep engaging armour closer to leaving spawn (EJOD), TV rockets keep getting fired from further distance through fog and so forth.. All very advantageous moves. People catch on that it works, and do it themselves - maybe pushing the envelope a bit further.

Solution? I sure don't have one... have fun and battle it out again on Sunday?

Comment

Think of it as a filter.

If we DO get smacktards, we can BAN THEM.

I wasnt around for tonight's PW night, so I can't say. They are HIT OR MISS some nights.
            Skud

Comment

Tonight wasn't that bad, actually. It wasn't nearly as good as Sunday but I really had fun. We had a few HAT snipers and the occasional retard that thought he was doing a good job, but it was a pretty good session.

Of course I was usually on the winning team that had a whole squad camping uncap the whole round. That was just utterly ridiculous. :(

Comment

Agreed, to night was a pretty good night compared to the server when it's open. Yes, you still get some HAT sniping and ridiculous use of vehicles but it was much better tonight than I have seen so far. At least it seemed to me that 90% or so actually played with with their squad as a team.

How about changing the password every few weeks or so? That way we at least make the tards work for it a bit. Seriously, I guessed at the PW and got it on the first try and was surprised it was still used since I hadn't played with TG for a long time. By now just about everyone knows it. If nothing else, changing it might get at least a couple people on the forums where they can get more inline with the TG way of doing things. It seems much easier to get people to play as a team if there is a sense of community rather then looking at everyone as a random online player they probably won't see often. Just a thought...

Comment

I think that an "invite only" password system should be put in effect ;).

We just don't have the amount of "Tard" filtering we need...
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

We tried that in a fashion. We had a week where we only gave out the password over TS. Didnt work too well. It required someone to be active on TS the whole time so they could see who was getting the password, and all it takes is one person to give out the password to a friend and its all downhill from there. Thus why we dont do it anymore.

Comment

not to beat a dead horse, but I'd just like to notate something for the regulars and the new people. Don't piss and moan about the rules without first figuring out what is up. Don't cry admin, give the admin false or skewed information, it hurts other players and hinders them from having a good time.

Comment

Ya I suppose you guys are right, testing people would make the community unfriendly. I was just getting REALLY ticked off last night and I thought a good way to vent my anger would be to write an angry post in the forums. Sorry for wasting space =).
                        In-Game: Milo.Higgins

Comment

Damonte just recalls Dirtyboy apologizing every two or three minutes for how bad the server was.

Oddly, Damonte thought it was much better than any given night on the BF2142 Conquest server.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

I think that the best solution is for everyone that is familiar with the rules and the TG way to police themselves and the server. We can't just push the entire responsibility onto the admins - its too difficult of a job to do.

TG is a community, so we need a community effort to try and make sure that things are done properly, starting with ourselves.

SLs, make sure new people to your squads understand what the rules are, point new people to the web site and invite them to take the time to register and read the SOP and rules. I think if we all just put a little more effort into being ambassadors, things will be a lot better. I also don't think that "the sky is falling" necessarily - I've seen a lot of good game play on this server - much better than anywhere else, that's a certainty.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

It's the responsibility of the more experienced players to keep password night in check. Not trying to be detrimental, but a lot of the more experienced players band together in squads - like they have every right too. However, this sometimes leaves the newer players to SL, unleashing all kinds of smacktardery on the 5 poor squadmates he has under his control.

For example (insertrandomcraphere)Dunker was in my squad when I was getting my squad of mostly experienced players ready outside the Citadel walls to rush it as soon as River Fort was taken. Everyone was lying down not moving like I told everyone to do. Except him. He was running around jumping about, just asking to get us spotted. A lot of the SM's were getting pretty ratty after he disobeyed my order for him to lie down like everyone else for the 3rd time. I didn't want to kick him as he would give us away either way. Eventually we go in and he gives us away and we get killed. He gets kicked much to everyones relief and we start over.

Who do I see as Squad leader on Qwai last night, but him? He couldn't take mine until another squad came and helped. The doorway isn't that big. It's like saying many hands make light work. Not for 20 cleaning a telephone box. He then decides to bend my rules as CO and moves out of mine, it gets taken again and the whole rounds falls to pieces. Keep in mind I'm not attacking this one guy in particular, just using an example.

We need the more experienced players to lead the newer players or new players to the server.
                              Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X