HAT sniping problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAT sniping problem

Everyone here knows about the HAT sniping problem and how it’s impossible to define when you can and when you can’t use it on a target and how the rules could always be bent to suit your purpose.

So I would like to suggest we approach it from another angle, as you know the HAT and the LAT require a squad of 3 or more to be available.

So if we make a rules saying som thing like this:
    HAT & LAT may not be taken or used without the permission of your squad leader.
    HAT & LAT may only be used in a squad of three or more people
    HAT & LAT is ………. Vehicle and bunker ……. Squad leader is responsible as well.

So we make the squad & squadleader responsible for the within squad sniping and should report it himself and/or kick the player out of the squad and admins can easily spot solo HAT/LAT users.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: HAT sniping problem

I like that idea

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by LoveSkylark View Post
      So if we make a rules saying som thing like this:
      HAT & LAT may not be taken or used without the permission of your squad leader.
      HAT & LAT may only be used in a squad of three or more people
      HAT & LAT is ………. Vehicle and bunker ……. Squad leader is responsible as well.

So we make the squad & squadleader responsible for the within squad sniping and should report it himself and/or kick the player out of the squad and admins can easily spot solo HAT/LAT users.

Misses the point. As it is now, you can only grab a HAT with in a Squad. There fore either they are HAT sniping under the control of a squad leader already or are leaving the squad once they have the kit and forming their own squad. Further, not all SL are members and therefore not everyone reads the rules.(I know they are supposed to, but lets face reality)

Without acutal physical controls(built-in game rules), HAT sniping will continue to happen. All we can do is take the time to view the tape, identify the offender and report.

Comment

Isn't the HAT kit going to be sufficiently nerfed in 0.7 as to render this issue moot? That's what I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Doesnt matter. HAT/LAT sniping is actually very easy to define:
          LAT may be used against troops as long as it is fired into a static object (a wall, vehicle, etc) but not at the ground.
          HAT may NEVER be used against troops.
          All kits fall under SL orders, as always.

Comment

The admins are discussing the Anti Tank issue, and it appears that in .7 some of these issues will be addressed. For now read the sticky that discusses the use of AT, and if you are unsure of a certain instance ask an admin. Remember, using shoulder-mounted AA against infantry is unacceptable, as is using any Anti Tank on maps like Ejod 16 and Street where there are no vehicles.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              Doesnt matter. HAT/LAT sniping is actually very easy to define:
              LAT may be used against troops as long as it is fired into a static object (a wall, vehicle, etc) but not at the ground.
              HAT may NEVER be used against troops.
              All kits fall under SL orders, as always.
              Apparently it's not that easy to define, as one of the supporting members and TG battlefield admins (KHAERUS) said this a couple weeks ago on the subject:
              ------------------------------------------------
              Gentlemen, we have a problem. Players are not understanding, apparently, the fact that there is no HARD RULE concerning the HAT use on infantry. Here is the link again; read the rule again, and I'll be happy to walk anyone through it, line by line if necessary. PM me, or find me on TS, but we need to understand this. The link:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...s-weapons.html

The rule is purposefully ambiguous and suffice it to say, isn't easy to admin when players set out intending to abuse the trust we place in them. We are counting on players here to use their fine judgement and restraint, and the admins will handle situations that escalate out of control. It's the best we can do, gents, and a large percentage of the time, it's good enough.

As far as the original poster is concerned: from the description given, his actions would not warrant admin action in-game.

--------------------------------------------------
              Of course, he is obviously condemning the abuse of this ambiguity. But it's straight from the horse's mouth that there is no set rule.

Talk about beating a dead horse...maybe there should be a sticky at the top concerning just HAT sniping.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!

-Tef
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but I dont know what the whole deal is with HAT. I haven't gotten HAT sniped in like a month and a half. It doesn't see to be a big problem. That is just my experience however.
                |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

superawesomeidea: HAT can't fire unless it's aimed at a heat signature (but not locked on).

But that does mess up bunker-busting.

Haikus are easy.
                  But sometimes they don't make sense.
                  Refrigerator.

Comment

It'd be ok if we could mark targets with flares.

I think its a grey area that requires good judgement. Same with ucb or any spawn. Sometimes your by an apc and cant destroy it so maybe you sit there and kill everyone who exits the apc.
                    What you should do next is grab an enemy kit and blow it up, thats the grey area I guess because you could also just sit there getting 30 kills saying well I cant blow it up, its not my fault.

How can you have a rule for that really but theres no doubt camping a spawn is crap

I was hit with HAT last night on Qwai standing on top of an earth mover, it happens occasionally but Im sure its far worse elsewhere. (You can tell from the searing noise with it)
                    One SL new to the server told me its the best weapon in the game for killing everthing, he didnt understand why we hadnt cleared the flag with it allready. Its hard to blame him, he was a good sl too

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X