Protocol for Reporting Problem Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protocol for Reporting Problem Players

I think it's great that people are stepping up and reporting problem players on the server, but we need to be careful as to know what we are reporting. If you are killed in your main base, make sure that it was illegal (if you shoot at him he can shoot back in defense. Granted if they are waiting for people to shoot just to shoot back, that's not allowed). If you are repairing assets the enemy just destroyed they can shoot you or blow it up again with you next to it.

If there is an admin in-game (or even when we're not in-game), we will be in teamspeak or on xfire. Try to use those methods instead of typing it out in chat. If you need to type it out just type !reporting spawn-camping at pigfarm. It makes it much easier for us to find it later on.

If you see someone on your own team apparently doing something wrong, like if you see them in the minimap in the UCB, don't automatically assume they are base raping. Report to an admin that someone is in the main and you're unsure why they are there, or ask the commander. Just last night I received multiple reports that someone was running around a main spawn-camping, yet I had been monitoring that person over death-cam the entire time and they were following the rules entirely.

It's great that players from both teams are reporting problem players, and it is instrumental towards keeping our server a great place to play, these protocols just make it easier for everyone. The admins thank you!
    Last edited by thegreatnardini; 12-07-2007, 12:12 PM.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Re: Protocol for Reporting Problem Players

Quick question: When you type !reporting ... will this defenitely be seen by an admin in the log or should we report to an admin at a later date that we used the !reporting command?
    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

When I scan through the logs I search for "!reporting", so we'll see it, but its still good to shoot us a PM or TS

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Another reporting question, All I have to say is the map name, time and offense right? Because there is no way to name a bunnyhopper, for example. It would seem a tedious job to find a bunny hopper from a game of 64 players via battlerecorder?

Comment

Originally posted by FeistySheep. View Post
          Another reporting question, All I have to say is the map name, time and offense right? Because there is no way to name a bunnyhopper, for example. It would seem a tedious job to find a bunny hopper from a game of 64 players via battlerecorder?
          Pretty much. If you ask over teamspeak maybe someone will be in the squad. It's hard to find bunnyhoppers but someone on the other team may know

Comment

Call out the coords and ask the other team to help you identify them

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Bump...

Reporting and trying to identify a UCB attacker or purposeful TK'er is quite reasonable.

However, some people seem to think that calling out a HAT-snipe is just 'whining'. Case in point, Seven Gates yesterday we were taking rocket shots on Riverfort which I thought was a HAT (but turned out to be LAT from Warehouse's squad - issue resolved - I mistook the type of rocket), but I was subsequently called a 'whiner' by *someone* for making the report.

If people are sick of reports of HAT-sniping (and trying to identify the firer), maybe it would be better just to allow all LAT and HAT sniping.

Honestly, how often is someone banned for this. It just wastes time trying to monitor and report appropriate rocket-usage (which still seems quite a gray area)... or maybe the issue is that players should be more respectful of other players reporting problems rather than just trying to flame and bait people.
              Last edited by Nero; 12-14-2007, 06:04 PM. Reason: Removed name

Comment

Naming names is a bad business man, called whiner or not it's not too cool. But yes, there's a lot of mistaken reports / complaints in the chat that I notice while playing. I love when people who don't know the rules try to call me out... makes me feel good. I think reporting might be escalating to good old paranoia! The answer isn't to allow LAT and HAT sniping and whatever else you can think of... It's to correct those that don't know the rules... education will win someday.

Truthfully, I don't care how long someones been playing on the server, I'd say the majority of players on the server have misconceptions about not only the word of the rules but the spirit of them aswell. The rules aren't a safety blanket to protect you from the evils of others, the rules are there to promote fair, even balanced, and as close to realistic battles as possible.

If you retreat to a main; you will be followed.
                If you shoot at an enemy, regardless of location; he will shoot back.
                If you gather into massive bunches in or out of bunkers; you will be attacked with a rocket.
                If you set a rally in the open, get shot, and continue to spawn there; you will die.
                If you call out a mistaken report; you will hear about it. lol

Comment

Riverfort is a fortified position and it has destructible walls. If you are going to be upset about a rocket attack wait till you are out in the open a bit more. I'd only use HAT on the actual inside of the main bunker or panic room there.

The HAT makes a searing noise that the LAT doesnt, we should make a vid to show the difference in sound

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

People seem to forget to watch their own comrades. Enemy or friendly. A rule breaker in my team becomes an enemy for me. Try to watch your own team as well. That's what I do. I also warn people in team chat before I'll contact an admin.

Comment

This almost sounds vigilante style.

A) the warnings I see from players in the chat comes off as whining or threats
                      - not only does either of those accomplish nothing, it encourages people to disregard what you are saying

B) if you treat them poorly for using a weapon, which you have to remember is not regulated on any other server i know of, they are going to ignore you

C) if you aren't an admin, don't act like one. the average player can't issue warnings. "I'm going to report you if you don't stop" is so hostile. "Stop that, it's against the rules" is entirely disregardable".

"Hey <rocketman> please only use AT rockets on vehicles, it's one of the rules here" is the best way to sort a troublemaker from a legitimate player who has made a mistake. And if they give you guff even after asking nicely you take care of it in private and don't make a shakespearean drama about it in the chat.

The empty threats are annoying and solve nothing. This is WHY the word whiner comes up. Be civil, be courteous, don't power trip, don't see them as "the enemy"... it gives TG a bad name IMO the way people are dealt with by the average joe as opposed to the professional (albeit reactive) admins that gives it a good name... clear where the problem is...

Comment

1) Well the words I used the 1st time were: "Please stop HAT sniping", the 2nd time was, "Someone chinese is shooting a HAT at us." Certainly not whining, threatening or power-tripping by any definition.

2) As I said, the problem the other day was resolved correctly by a member of the opposing team clarifying the rocket type - resolved.

3) However, it is disrespectful and creates a negative server attitude to start calling people names on global chat for ANY reason.
                        Last edited by Nero; 12-14-2007, 02:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Guess you got my post a little the wrong way!

We all know how difficult it is to get to know who is breaking the rules.
                          Especialy a person on the other team. PR doesn't have enemy name tags.
                          It's very complicated and time consuming if you don't get any help from the opposing team. It shouldn't be only up to an admin to find out about it. It is very helpful for an admin if you can provide him with a name.

To make it more understandeble. The person we are talking about is your comrade this round, but next round he is your enemy because he is on the other team.

Hope that helps......

Comment

You all have valid points. The admins are there to enforce the rules, but it is impossible for us to monitor every person. If you see someone on your team breaking the rules let them know in a courteous manner, and if they persist tell an admin. If someone on the other team is doing something against the rules ask someone on TS to find out who they are. If not type it out in chat, but again in a courteous manner. If they persist then let an admin know if they haven't already seen the messages and we will do what we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman1987 View Post
                              Naming names is a bad business man, called whiner or not it's not too cool. But yes, there's a lot of mistaken reports / complaints in the chat that I notice while playing. I love when people who don't know the rules try to call me out... makes me feel good. I think reporting might be escalating to good old paranoia! The answer isn't to allow LAT and HAT sniping and whatever else you can think of... It's to correct those that don't know the rules... education will win someday.
                              Correction: LAT sniping is allowed. HAT is to only be used on vehicles, tanks, APCs, etc.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X