Congratulations to this week's Ribbon Awardees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to this week's Ribbon Awardees

Cpt_RatBastard, Tweaky, Viscera, Oldirti, and Liquid.Watcher all received the Distinguished Air Cavalry Ribbon and I received the Distinguished Squad Leader ribbon. Congratulations to all you fine Gentlemen on your awards, they are well deserved! Keep up the good flying mates!

Re: Congratulations to this week's Ribbon Awardees

Don't forget Bamboo, he got the distinguished medic!

Distinguished Air Cav: Liquid.Watcher, Oldirti, Viscera, Tweaky
    I would like to nominate these four individuals for their role as the helo squad during a round of Qwai River. These four pilots demonstrated considerable skill piloting both the transport and attack helos the entire round. They were communicative as well. Whenever anyone requested an insertion or extraction they rushed into position without question, and unlike most pilots that would get shot down they managed to drop us off multiple times without any casualties. I remember when our squad was taken out at estate, so our SL requested a littlebird extraction onto the roof. The flag was completely overrun with multiple enemies, along with a few vehicles in the area. Liquid.Watcher managed to drop us onto the roof perfectly, which allowed our squad to sweep down the building and take the enemy completely by surprise, retaking the area. This is not the first time I have seen these pilots perform exceptionally as well, they pilot often and always do an exceptional job, and without a doubt deserve the distinguished air cavalry ribbon.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Distinguished Air Cav: Cpt_RatBastard

Cpt_RatBastard distinguished himself as an excellent Gunship Littlebrid pilot during a round of Qwai River. After the USMC capped the fishing village 2 small squads quickly attacked the Estate flag, and were in the process of capping. At the same time, the PLA dispatched an APC to wipe out any threat towards that flag. After the flag was neutralized, the APC made its way west of the flag and was cutting the infantry down. At the same time, it was spawning several PLA troops to clean up. My squad was on the top of the construction site so we were safe from the APC fire, but the infantry were a definite threat. I then asked for immediate Gunship support via Teamspeak and gave him coordinates of the APC. Then 30 seconds later, I saw the Gunship appear out of the sunset. It was raining Hydras on the APC quickly making it explode. Soon after that he was dispatched to help elsewhere and we resumed our mission. 1 minute later, my squad heard the distinct sound of the PLA gunship. Once again, RatBastard came to the aid. Since we were on the roofs, the PLA chopper would have made mincemeat of the lone infantry. After downing the chopper, he made his way back to base to rearm.

Our Squad had the task to defend the Estate flag, and had no Anti-tank capabilities. After several minutes of fending off PLA soldiers, I heard the sound of another APC, and once again I asked RatBastard for support. Not 1 min after asking, he eliminated the APC and cleared advancing infantry. Without his superb flying abilities, we would not have been able to cap the flag with such ease.

The Distinctive Accomplishments of Cpt_RatBastard brings great credit upon himself, Tactical Gamer, and the PR community.
    Distinguished Squad Leader: Ferris
    Ferris Bueller was our squad leader on Mestia, and he did an amazing job. He kept our roles clearly defined at all times, and had us moving coherently like few other SL'ers could. We moved to defend East tower alone, and while he gave us all specific places to defend he went up into the "panic room" of the bunker. This is a tedious job, sitting up in the tower by yourself, doing nothing for an hour, but he did it all the same and kept himself alive to provide spawn. We held the tower with very little, if any help, and we would never have been able to hold had it not been for his amazing squad leading abilities. I have played with him SL'ing many times, and this round was no exception: he is one of the best squad leaders I have had the pleasure of playing with, and without a doubt deserves this ribbon.
    Distinguished Medic: BSR*Bamboo
    BSR*Bamboo has performed the role of medic while in my squad with diligence to his duty and has time and again saved the squad with his selfless efforts. The medic kit is often ignored by most players, yet Bamboo seems to relish the role and has distinguished himself as a truly selfless player that has one goal in mind - the team. He remains with the squad, communicates effectively with squadmates who are down, constantly checking times left and informing them where to run for cover once revived so they can be healed. He will put himself directly into enemy fire for his teammates to revive them and seems to succeed where so many others fail. Bamboo definitely is deserving of this honor, and I won't go into battle without him by my side. He exemplifies what TG is all about.

Congrats to all, well deserved!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Congrats guys!
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Thank you!
        Helo flying might not get you the top spot, but hell, there is nothing more rewarding than knowing you got your load of guys on target and safely.

Comment

congrats!
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

There isn't anything quite as rewarding as getting a squad safely to a flag, and then them taking it. On the flip side, nothing is more embarrassing than when you get shot down with a full squad. thanks

Comment

Well done gents!
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

grats

Comment

Good job guys!
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

here here!
                    sigpic

Comment

Congrats everyone - well deserved indeed!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

congrats, all are well deserved!
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                          On the flip side, nothing is more embarrassing than when you get shot down with a full squad. thanks
                          Oh yes there is. Ask Turkish! Last night he was talking about never flying again because he lag-crashed a BH with a full squad on board. :D It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Oh yes there is. Ask Turkish! Last night he was talking about never flying again because he lag-crashed a BH with a full squad on board. :D It happens.
                            :(
                            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Good work/teamplay guys!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X