Forming a Clan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forming a Clan

Since nobody likes me well enough to invite me to their in-house squad (me emo) I was thinking of forming one with a few TG players, well actually me and a friend of mine.

So I’m wondering as premium member is there any chance for me to do this within tactical gamer’s community and if so how is it done?
    Last edited by LoveSkylark; 12-13-2007, 02:17 PM.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Forming a Clan

Skylark

I'm pretty sure that, regardless of SM status, this post is against server rules.

Recruiting policy

Perhaps you should either look to join one of the in-house squads (Irregulars is the place to start unless invited to one of the other squads) or seek to form your own in-house squad. If you are using "clan" to mean "in-house" squad, then you should probably edit your original post so you don't get this thread thrown into never-never land. :)

EDIT: Skylark, look into joining the Irregulars. They took me in, so they'll take anyone. Also, look for my squad in PR - "TG INF" or "TG PIRATES" - you're welcome there any time!
    Last edited by disposableHero; 12-13-2007, 02:01 PM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I think, by the gist I get from his post, what he means is IHS...not an external clan.

Check here for brief info on our TG In-House Squads. If you're interested in forming your own, I believe Apophis is the man to hit up.
      | | |

Comment

Sky, do not feel down. Search for hope and seek out the proper ways to go.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I asked the same questions about 2 months ago. There is nothing wrong with recruiting in house for an in house clan. You should read the posts on it, but I already did that research and talked to some of the leaders on the TG site to make sure. I can forward you some of the messages if you want.

It is not really so easy to do, unless you have some really dedicated folks or a large enough group to get it going. My biggest problem was getting everyone together enough to make a difference. That is what the IRR folks (Irregulars) are pretty much about, if I understand it correctly - folks that want some affiliation but don't have the time or following to get a real clan going.
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear yes I was talkling about forming an In-house squad and am in no way trying to recruit, I was more asking for guideance on how to do that.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

I know that PR is not really my forte, but this thread caught my eye.

I would highly, highly suggest you investigate the Irregulars. It is an excellent place to get to know people and to indicate that you're serious about the TG community. I know that in BF2142, the IHS's that focus heavily on that particular game look to recruit out of the playerbase in the Irregulars (more than 50% of the 3rd SFD passed through the Irregulars).

The officers in charge of the Irregulars are very good and come highly recommended.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Yea man, check the Irr to see what its all about. Takes a good bit of organization to handle an IHS. Just be sure your up to the task.

Comment

Definitely look at the Irregs. They are growing and are a really important part of TG. There are a lot of good opportunities to be had there.

It is a HUGE undertaking to set up a new In-house squad (please don't call them clans). There is a lot of things that has to be done and overseen for everything to pull off correctly. After the "Debut" then there is a lot of managerial duties to be done as well. If you do decide to start one then have a chat with either Apophis or Tempus. They will get you started.
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

but ur tags could be |TG-SKY| and that would be sweet!
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Skylark, after you get the ins and outs figured out post up. Depending on what you focus is going to be, I may be interested in joining a squad and helping out. I have some experience as an Admin and such from my former clan as well as some experience leading a squad in other games such as Airsoft. Just no PR SL experience yet but I am interested in learning as much as possible.

Comment

I'd so join something with the tag |TG-SKY| lol. The Irregulars sounds good, but the first thing that pops into my head when I see the tag in-game is "Hm, that's synonymous with abnormal... the TG Abnormals... I like that" ;)

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the Irregulars, but I personally, would prefer a smaller team that specializes in a particular job, be it an infantry squad or maybe just a bunch of engineers, since that is my preferred kit. I think a tight knit group that gets used to their role in the squad and gets used to each other's movements makes for a very effective squad. Again, not that there is anything wrong with a larger group or the Irregulars in particular, but I personally prefer a smaller group like 6 to 10. Naturally that becomes a liability when only half your team shows up, but that's the price you pay.

These are just my thoughts and I have no intentions of making my own in-house squad anytime soon since I am still very new to TG and PR. All the same, if something comes up I would consider it depending on the circumstances.

Comment

I say go for it! The more the merrier - Here's the recipe:

1) Play on the server and identify some people (must be or become supporting members) that you enjoy playing with, and what style you bring to the table...

2) PM said people, tell them what you have in mind, and ask if they're interested...

3) Decide on your squad number and name (list of taken numbers here)

4) PM Apophis and let him know what the name of your group is, and he'll create a private forum for you.

5) Your members, apply to be members of the group here, which you must approve.

6) Edit your wiki page

7) Party!!

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                              I know that PR is not really my forte, but this thread caught my eye.

I would highly, highly suggest you investigate the Irregulars. It is an excellent place to get to know people and to indicate that you're serious about the TG community. I know that in BF2142, the IHS's that focus heavily on that particular game look to recruit out of the playerbase in the Irregulars (more than 50% of the 3rd SFD passed through the Irregulars).

The officers in charge of the Irregulars are very good and come highly recommended.
                              What?!?! No third person? Pengie is somewhat disappointed. :row__538:

What Pengie can contribute is that from her observations, the new squads that succeed are those that a) begin with a fair number of dedicated members and b) have a clear goal of what their play style/ attitude will be. With that, Pengie wishes you the best!

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
                              TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
                              ||

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...