PR players perspective of FH2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR players perspective of FH2

Firstly, yes I know there is a forum for FH2 discussion but I'm interested in hearing what the hardcore PR players think of this mod.

Having only played for a few hours, I don't think I'm ready to draw to a conclusion just now.

So.. What do you think?
    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Re: PR players perspective of FH2

I think I need to download it (out of town until this morning).
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by <1sk>Headshot View Post
      Firstly, yes I know there is a forum for FH2 discussion but I'm interested in hearing what the hardcore PR players think of this mod.

Having only played for a few hours, I don't think I'm ready to draw to a conclusion just now.

So.. What do you think?
      I posted a fairly lengthy initial impression message in the FH2 forum but the bottom line is I agree with Catraphact's assessment that FH2 has more similarities with POE2 than it does with PR. At least as far as game play goes.

Unlike what some people posted, it does have an AAS type system on most maps which helps but tactics are hindered by the smaller map sizes and lack of room to maneuver. It also has the small flag zones and normal BF2 flag spawning which I think is inferior to PR's system.

Just like with PR, armor can dominate when used more cautiously and with infantry support. Unfortunately most of the starting maps are wide open desert ala the African theater so being infantry can be a bummer sometimes ala Kashan. AT weapons are also weak for infantry but this happens in PR as well when your HATs end up stolen or misused.

Don't get me started on spotting...its awful. Makes my PR long distance spotting complaints seem trivial in comparison. :row__536: Uniform similarities I don't see as being much of an issue. Players new to PR complain about the same things...it's just a matter of getting some play time and getting used to the different models. Combine the above two though and TKs will happen.

Anyhow, if you like playing POE2 I think you should enjoy FH2. I'll be interested to see what effect it has on the POE2 server. I don't think it'll have much impact on the PR server given the larger community and the fact the game play is different.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I don't think I can go back to flag spawning and full kits on spawn menu for the long term (I also hate pick-up-kits because I can never find them). Back capping is also a huge pet peeve of mine (one team has uncapable and the other team doesn't, leads to driving to the other teams capable main and grabbing it).

I've felt safer in PR armor then FH2's. And long ranges without optics can lead to pixel hunting. I guess I prefer more urban and wooded areas because infantry can advance and not get pixel spammed by someone I can't find even if he is on my mini-map. I don't think BF2 engine is good for large flat areas, situational awareness just breaks down with the standard interface and arcadey damage system (armed assault would probably be more suited).

Comment

not my cup of tea!

Comment

Check out the "First impressions" thread for my response.

Overall: A good complement for PR.
            Skud

Comment

I made another post in the impressions thread, but to sum it up, I really love this mod now. When I played it last night I was not very pleased with it, but I played it again today and I really do like it. I think that the PR players seem to enjoy it more than the POE2 guys. Anyone else think this?
              "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

thumbs up!
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

It felt like BF1942 updated for BF2. I liked some of the things that match PR (like the lack of enemy tags, I liked that you could only spot with binocs) but it did not seem engaging with the rapid armor respawns and confusing AAS gameplay. I spent all my time either waiting for something to happen or watching armor do all the work when infantry, and kill/be killed back and forth when playing armor.

I'll probably play it like I do AIX, fun for a short break from PR once a week.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I love it personally, just wish some of the aspects would be incorporated into PR .7
                    I mean, the mortar system (with proper teamwork) is brilliant.
                    Sometimes though, I wish the armor system and maps weren't so tank reliant.

Comment

A better version of AAS ( one that makes just a little sense prefferabely :P) and have it on all maps not just 3. Get rid of the cross hairs! Spawn time for vehicles is way too fast. Sniper rifle scopes are porely done but they could be like that in RL, i dont know. However, i do like that things seem to be the correct hight now. Such as kneeling behind cover an actually being able to se over the top.

Hopefully when teamwork and communication reach the standard of the PR server i will enjoy alot more.
                      Smurfs law - Though Shalt back track wherever possible

Comment

I have to admit even though I prefer WW2 combat games,PR is just better from the point of realism. There are so many features in PR that I like better. I'll continue to play FH, but PR will probably remain my favorite for now.

Felt

Comment

Make sure to give FH2 some time. If we were to go back to the first release of PR, I'm sure there would be players who didn't care for it. It took several releases for PR to be the success that it is.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

I played 0.1 PR a few times and I didnt play it again till 0.5, wish I had checked back a bit sooner now of course

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

At first I found it pretty rubbish. Then, I stopped comparing it to PR and started to really enjoy it. I'd reccomend it to anyone, especially CoD2 fans.
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X