This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .7 Projected Feature List

Will the game have a learning curve with the new changes? hell yes. will it be challenging? absolutely. Will the game be fun to play and will I still be able to kick some ass? DAMN STRAIGHT MUTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”[1] -Fuzzhead (Lead PR Tester)

With the release of Project Reality .7 (and possibly .65) approaching fast [2], I feel that a comprehensive list of the expected changes will be useful. And while most people already know about the Scimitar armored reconnaissance vehicle, Challenger 2 main battle tank [3], and M16A4 [4]; other fundamental changes are being overlooked. In fact, .7 is expected to change gameplay more than the last three versions combined [5]. This list is intended to help PR players, new and old, prepare for these changes.

Besides helping Tactical Gamers maintain their A-game, this list should also clear up some confusion about the .7 release. The PR developers have been remarkably cagey about the features of .7, and this has led to a lot of misinformation regarding the release [6]. So, to avoid further misinformation, I searched through the last three months of developer posts and composed this list using only information taken from the developers. I also used the Reality Mod wiki as an information source, which, I feel, is a reliable source because most all of the changes and information on it come from Fuzzhead, the lead PR tester. The bracketed numbers you see throughout my post are references to developer posts or wiki pages. Unfortunately, I can't post the links yet because I haven't posted enough on the TG forums. Once I have posted 15 times, I will integrate the links into this post. And, until then, you are welcome to PM me for the list of references.

Because of my conservative method, the following list is by no means complete. And I hope fellow Tactical Gamers will contribute and correct my oversights. I will update this post as I learn of new changes, but, to preserve the authority of this list, I suggest you quote the developers or post links confirming changes/features.

.7 Projected Feature List

Gameplay Changes

Removal of Squad Leader, APC, and Command Truck Spawn Points: Fuzzhead has confirmed that there will be no mobile spawn points (with the possible exception of insurgent spawn cars) in .7 [7].
    Reduced Light Arms Accuracy: Apparently, the accuracy of light arms will be reduced after sprinting [8]. This will be done by increasing the deviation of the weapon, with the deviation returning to normal after a period of rest. Accuracy may be reduced through other actions, but this has not been confirmed[7].
    Decreased Number of Resupply Points: While not specified, Fuzzhead has said that .7 will have fewer ammunition resupply points [7]. The PR wiki indicates that infantry will be able to resupply off of ammo bags, weapons caches, supply crates, and bunkers/firebases[9]. Notably, resupply off of vehicles is omitted and “supply crates are now deployed by supply trucks and heavy transport helicopters.” The only resupply point given for vehicles are bunkers and firebases.

Class System Changes

Special Operations is a Limited Kit: The PR wiki indicates that the Special Operations kit will be limited in .7 [10], with a maximum of 3 spec ops kits available for each team[11]. The spec ops loadout has changed too, it will include a knife, pistol, carbine rifle “with optics” (whether this is a telescopic gunsight is unknown), 3 SLAMs, 2 smoke grenades, 2 flashbangs, a SOFLAM, a field dressing, and 2 green signal grenades[10]. The spec ops kit will also have body armor, as it is a pickup kit.
    Two Rifleman Kits: The rifleman kit will be split into two different kits: rifleman iron sights and rifleman optics[12]. The only differences between these kits and the .6 rifleman kit are that the iron sights rifleman uses an assault rifle with iron sights and the optics rifleman uses an assault rifle with optics but has no ammo resupply bag.
    Officer Kit is Selected from Spawn Menu: Squad leaders will be able to select the officer kit from the spawn menu and spawn as officers [13].
    Shovels Added to Limited Kits: The shovel will be added to the marksman, automatic rifleman, rifleman AT, grenadier, and anit-aircraft kits [14][15].
    Militia Faction gets Limited Kits: With .7, the Militia faction will gain the kit limiting system[16][17]. Militia limited kits will be similar to conventional army limited kits; see the PR wiki for further information.

Vehicle Changes

New British Vehicles: The British faction will gain at least three new vehicles: the FV107 Scimitar [3][18], FV4034 Challenger 2 [3][19], and Eurofighter Typhoon F2 [20]. The Challenger and Typhoon will be featured on the new map “The Battle for Qinling [21] while the Scimitar will be used on asymmetric maps like “Assault on Mestia” and “Al Basrah.”
    New Militia Vehicles: The Militia faction will use the T-62 tank[22] on the new map “Fools Road” [23]. Also, PR coder Dbzao says the BDRM-2 has been “updated” in .7 [24].
    Improved Transport Helicopter Capacity: All heavy transport helicopters will be able to carry 8 players [25].

Re: .7 Projected Feature List

We already know 99% of this.

None of this is really a secret.
    Skud

Comment

actually, i didn't know about the shovel and the two rifleman kits. Thanks for finding this out, some of those who don't know as much as skud will greatly appreciate this.

Comment

I wanna see the link for 13...

ps. Can everyone see my sig? i can't see it when i post.

Comment

Skud,

This isn't supposed to be a thrilling exposé of the secret features of .7; it's a list of changes that are very likely. So, of course you know about these changes, as does everybody else who reads the PR forum. But, this list isn't really meant for you, it's meant for the players who don't know much about .7 and don't want to hunt through the PR forums to find out about it. There is no comprehensive FAQ about .7 and that is what I am trying to achieve.

Also, this thread is an invitation for the TG community to contribute. If there is something you know about .7 which other people may not, post it and I will add it to the list. Right now, the list isn't very thorough because it's only what I know, but if other people get involved it could turn into something quite useful.

Comment

I actually didn't know a lot of that, so thanks for posting it. Some of that sounds scarry :)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

yeah im leery of the lack of mobile spawns. they could have kept at least the commander truck . also I wish the support kit was available as a normal kit. what's up with that? furthermore, the weapon accuracy deviation sounds lame, along with the no reloading on vehicles.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
                yeah im leery of the lack of mobile spawns. they could have kept at least the commander truck . also I wish the support kit was available as a normal kit. what's up with that? furthermore, the weapon accuracy deviation sounds lame, along with the no reloading on vehicles.
                go away...just go away

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  We already know 99% of this.

None of this is really a secret.
                  BUT... do u know about the "secret" nudy picture on the back of the new challenger?

If you look really really close, you can read the title: "Mrs. Skud Gets Drunk and Wild"
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Good info thanks...I like a lot of it, but also can see a lot of running accross maps....

That could make us all think even more about NOT getting killed.

When?, is my question.
                    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

kinda sounds like PRM might play more like ARMA now.

Project RealarMa?
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

By the way dirti, you have no sig showing.

Comment

I still don't see how Spec Ops are so great. If it takes 2 slams to destroy something, how are they better then engineers who can do other stuff and aren't a limited kit? They should have parachutes (they are a limited kit now) or unlimited sprint.

I think tanks are going to run out of ammo a lot if they have to find a bunker or firebase, they should repair and rearm at main base like choppers and aircraft.

Is there still ammo from rally points, they just added/fixed that for this release?

I wish the APC would stay as a spawn point, it is was made it useful, made the mod unique, and never felt over powered. The APC is such a death box if you run up against HAT, Tank, or another APC that gets the first shot everyone inside is gone. It was good to see personal come out of a personal carrier; the humvee would end up being safer with its high speed.

Comment

Yah but the next version out is 0.65 not 0.7, right?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

All these seems interesting. But I have to admit I have doubts about this point.

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
                              Removal of Squad Leader, APC, and Command Truck Spawn Points: Fuzzhead has confirmed that there will be no mobile spawn points (with the possible exception of insurgent spawn cars) in .7 [7].
                              Having the APC has a spawn point was interesting because it truly transformed the APC from a light tank (which is what it was in vanilla BF2) into a real troop transport. People care about the APC and were not using them in as the main assault vehicle.

Removing the officer as the spawn point basically means that the whole squad con only use the rally point. What about squads of 2 or 3 peoples? Those can't put rally down. Of course those squads are not encouraged, but it does happen you get onto the server and all squads are full at 6 people. The only course of action left is to create a one man squad. Most of the time we are joined by another person or 2, but it is still not possible to set rallies down. So the leader stays behind safely to act as the spawn point.

Basically my main concern is about increasing the amount of "running to meet other people". Of course we don't want PR to be like vanilla BF where you spawned, ran for 20 meters killed someone, got killed, spawned 5 seconds later and start over. But having too much long distance to walk to simply rejoin your team is something that can make many people frustrated and loose interest in the game.

I hope the 0.7 version will be as good as the previous ones have been.
                              TG-Irr BoldKiller0082

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X