AC-130 in BF2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC-130 in BF2

I just had to post this. Not everyone gets around to reading the offtopic threads over at PR.com so I wanted to give everyone a good laugh here as well.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=303n_ip2Flg[/media]

It is good mod work, but really is overkill.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: AC-130 in BF2

now thats what i'm talking about......i'd like to also see, i know i brought it up in the osprey topic, but how about a b-52 bomber, either for carpet bombing, or laser guided......crew of 4.......but thats probably going a bit far.

i like the ac-130 though good find i gotta check the forums now on the pr website.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

there actually might be an AC-130 because a while back there was a dev that posted a video of a AC-130 flying around and didnt say antying else just a video. Then one of the other devs said "Possibly a hint?"

then again if you go on the forums it says alot of the times NO but that might have been for earlier versions who knows?
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
        I just had to post this. Not everyone gets around to reading the offtopic threads over at PR.com so I wanted to give everyone a good laugh here as well.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=303n_ip2Flg[/media]

It is good mod work, but really is overkill.
        Freakin' sweet! This video rocks, as does the soundtrack. The other day I was showing friends the video of the gunship attack on those insurgent suckers, and the corresponding PR video made to mimic it. Then my friend tried to show me up by putting on the level in COD4 where you gun out of what I guess is an AC-130. I kept saying how much cooler it would be if it was multiplayer. Here it is! Too bad it is totally overkill.

And you thought the Cobra was too much for Oman! How about if the USMC got one of those bad larrys in PR?
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone else want to venture a guess as to how long it would take an AC-130 to get shot down in PR? My money is on 0.2 seconds.
          Nice video though.

Comment

The AC-130 scene in Transformers is my favorite of the whole movie and it would be pretty sweet to re create that in PRMM. There is a lack of artillery type weapons in the game but my only concern would be balance.

The idea of lazer guided missiles effective against enemy vehicles could be cool, maybe a limited kit based on a spec op load out? once a target was painted the commander would have to authorize the weapons release and it could cost tickets or be very limited. the future of PRMM is bright and this is one of those games that im sure ill be playing for a very long time

Comment

Reminds me of the gunship from the original Desert Combat, parachuting out of the back of that thing while being thrown around because of the bad inflight rider physics while jets followed and missiles fired in through the loading doors. Classic.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I would love for the devs to put an AC-130 or a B-52 into PR. Even if it was available on 1 map and took 15 mins to restock and 2 mins to take off/land just for balance purposes. the thing would be kick ass

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

...I would shoot it down in about 15 seconds.
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                    ...I would shoot it down in about 15 seconds.
                    Not if they were above the cloud cover like they should be :O

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

4km x 4km is the maximum land map size. Really isn't much room for having anything bigger than a fighter/bomber if you look at it that way.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        Anyone else want to venture a guess as to how long it would take an AC-130 to get shot down in PR? My money is on 0.2 seconds.
                        Nice video though.
                        Exactly my thoughts. With such an unrealistic flying speed (it would just fall down) this beast wouldn't stay up longer than a few seconds.

With the right adjustments and larger maps it would actually be useful, but the way PR is now... no thank you.
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

:-) !!! That would be a needed asset in any large desert map in PR. If they made it a long spawn, re-arm I am sure there wouldnt be much complaining. . There would be plenty of planning time for the crew and it would force some teamwork with other air assets in providing CAP to the gunship. I am sure somebody could make it a plausible addition to the team on PR.

Comment

Originally posted by DoorGunner53E View Post
                            :-) !!! That would be a needed asset in any large desert map in PR. If they made it a long spawn, re-arm I am sure there wouldnt be much complaining. . There would be plenty of planning time for the crew and it would force some teamwork with other air assets in providing CAP to the gunship. I am sure somebody could make it a plausible addition to the team on PR.
                            I agree with you there, as well as with whoever earlier suggested the long-assed spawn times. Make it take several minutes after a landing to rearm. It might even be preferable to the rape-aholic warthogs. Do those carry pasengers? It could also drop off a spec-ops paratroop squad if they could have chutes.
                            sigpic

Comment

I just don't see these working. If one of these beasts gets in the sights of any decent HAT or tank gunner say goodbye.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X