X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The less fortunate and HAT-snipe

PURELY OUT OF CURIOSITY

Will your administrators take it badly if HAT-sniped by Militia or Insurgents?
    I have on multiple occation stolen this kit off british hands as these factions.
    Of course they come in handy when messing up their Warriors.
    But why'd they carry them abouts in the first place? Bunker busting?
    If they don't play fair, i like to use it against them... Teach them a lesson.
    My opinion. It should be an exception to the otherwise strict rule wich i fully endorse. A grayzone.

Re: The less fortunate and HAT-snipe

It's a slippery slope you're heading down......slippity, slip, slip.....

|
    |

Comment

...It's not.

I don't understand: How is this a grey zone? No HAT Sniping means no HAT on infantry unless using it for bunker busting or when the situation calls for it.

The militia are MORE than evenly matched for the Brits. SVD's, Mosins, RPG's, PKM, and unlike INS they have field dressings.

Even on INS there's really no excuse. For example, on albasrah, you should have a squad with you to keep infantry off your back. You're only worry should be APC's. That's what you would rush to pick it up for, anyway, right?

Playing fair has nothing to do with it. It's the rules. It's like the law. The judges on the supreme court don't always decide what's "fair," they only decide what is legal or constitutional. As soon as admin's or players decide what's "fair" or "not fair" we will have no definite rules and the server will landslide.

Bottom line: Unless forced to, avoid at all costs using HAT on infantry.
      Skud

Comment

Put it this way, you would not be able to get ammo for that thing if the game were setup 100% correctly.

Unfortunately its way too easy to overuse that weapon, thats why its a server rule. You can fire it to destroy bunkers or to clear the inside of a bunker and still play in the rules imo

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bjoffe View Post
          PURELY OUT OF CURIOSITY

I have on multiple occation stolen this kit off british hands as these factions.
          My opinion. It should be an exception to the otherwise strict rule wich i fully endorse. A grayzone.
          So, you like to blatantly disregard the rules and HAT Snipe, because you find this kit off of a british body? Hmmmm....I think we will all be seeing you in a world of hurt soon.....Joffe, I think the engine is running but no one is behind the wheel.

Plus you are not an admin Joffe, so you are not allowed to teach anyone "a lesson".
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by bjoffe View Post
            PURELY OUT OF CURIOSITY

Using a H-AT against a bunker or other building (destructible or not) is acceptable. Using a H-AT against an enemy vehicle is acceptable. Using a H-AT against an enemy air asset is acceptable.

Using a H-AT against infantry (regardless of number) in the open is not acceptable.

Note: H-AT = TOW and TOW = H-AT

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Let me try and make this quite clear.

-Bunker
              -Tank
              -APC
              -Firebase
              -Hardened Building Interior
              -Vodnik/Humvee
              -Repair Truck
              -CO Truck
              -AA Vehicle
              -Planes
              -Helicopters
              -Any other Vehicle I missed
              -Static AA GUN (NOT AA kit)
              See that list? Thats a list of things that are allowed to get hit by LAT/HAT. If there is infantry inside or very close by and they die when you hit the TARGET FROM THAT LIST, its too bad. Under any other circumstances, DO NOT USE AT AGAINST TROOPS. That should be easy enough to understand, shouldnt it? Aim for your STATIC TARGET. Infantry is the collateral damage.

Lets also make this understood and perfectly clear: breaking the rules for "revenge" or "teaching them a lesson" IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE, and as the admins have demonstrated many times in the past, anyone who acts on that kind of impulse will be punished equally harshly, regardless of their intent or affiliation. So If you enjoy getting kicked/banned, by all means, please break the rules to get even/get revenge/teach someone a lesson. Otherwise, get smart here people. This isnt a topic that we need to go over AGAIN and AGAIN.

Comment

i think this should be a closed thread now.

Like im sure everyone has said. NO HAT SNIPING. Plain and simple
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I thought in the server rules you can use the AT against infantry in cover? Or say 5 enemies walking along the wall. You can use the AT Vs inf as long as you don't directly hit them with it, ie you kill them with the splash damage. Sniping and use in open vs single inf is against the rules.

Comment

The insurgents have HAT on Al Basrah already, don't they?

It's red...has 4 wheels...and plays a Star Wars tune.
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

*locking thread

No Heavy AT against infantry, period. The faction doesn't matter.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X