Basic/Advanced training for PR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic/Advanced training for PR.

Hey guys, So far I got 2 responces from the PR community that are requesting classes from TGU. I posted in the general forum, but now I want to get more personal and see if there is a real demand for TGU with PR.

Please post here, with any classes or areas of concern that you wish to have an instructor run. If we get demand, we'll have classes running. But with only 2 people wanting classes, we can't run anything.
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Re: Basic/Advanced training for PR.

I would love some class time on flying. It is hard to get practice while in game. I think it might be a good idea to wait till 0.7 comes out and tweek the teaching to reflect the new changes.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Same as Jack, except a "correct piloting etiquette " course. Teaching proper mount/dismount of a squad into chopper , calling for air support, knowing when a LZ (landing zone) is too hot, and leaving the choppers to the chopper squads (people who know what they're doing.

Comment

I wouldn't mind signing up... One can never learn too much :)
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

If anything happens, It'll be over a month. 2 weeks to setup, 2 weeks to allow sign-ups, then another week till the class.

Just a fyi, Basic infantry is more realistic tactics and training and very little based on the game phyics itself.

Whens this .7 due out?
          The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
          mutual respect for your fellow gamers
          and where all members
          would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
          Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

A flying class would be good, but if you start a local server you can get all the practice you want - no lines for the choppers!! If you haven't flown in PR before, I would highly suggest flying locally for a while and practice the handling of the choppers - they are different from vBF2 substantially.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
              Whens this .7 due out?
              Before the end of the year. So less then 6 days

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                Before the end of the year. So less then 6 days
                when did they decide to release it before the year ends?

Comment

Please count me in for TGU...I would love to help run basic and advanced infantry training sessions. I've been pissing and moaning about TGU ever since the last session I attended as a guest instructor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumball View Post
                    when did they decide to release it before the year ends?
                    Quite a while ago. They said somewhere it's being released in 2007.
                    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

I would be interested in some basic infantry tactics and squad movement training. Also, I think a nice course on Armor would be a good idea too. Something along the lines of tactics and SOP when in a group of armored vehicles. I see a lot of tanks bumping into one another trying to dodge H-AT. It would be nice to develop a better understanding of what each crew member's responsibilities are and how to work together so every crew member has good communication and is able to respond to threats more effectively and have a better situational awareness overall. Some basic tactics about movement in a group and flanking maneuvers and so on would be nice also. Not many games have the scale to allow vehicles like BF2 and I think that leads to some really chaotic gameplay from too many people not working together. In a sense, you can have a squad of crewmen in one vehicle but when traveling into battle with a group of armor, you are just part of a larger squad. I think some tactics along those lines would make the tank heavy maps more interesting and fun to play on. Just my .02

On the .7 thing, I also read that the new version was going to be released before Xmas, but I don't guess that happened. That's fine with me, I would rather they take their time with it and get it all polished up before it's released.

Comment

please inform me via a pm, inf and armor, i'm not ready for air service yet.
                        johnny
                        i was doing tactics with the 13th meu under diff. account name but need to learn more.

Comment

Class or 'boot camp' would be great count me in

Comment

Originally posted by <1sk>Headshot View Post
                            Quite a while ago. They said somewhere it's being released in 2007.
                            0.7 will be released just before or just after Newyear... they never said 2007.
                            Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I reckon first week or so of the newyear, I can feel it in my bones

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X