JDAM sweet spots.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDAM sweet spots.......

So, I was reading the changelist on .7 about the JDAM, and since you only get 1 drop an hour, I started thinking about where it will best be put to use.
    My first thought is on Qwai River at the Mine flag, and if it would actually be useful there for either attack or defense. Will it be able to kill a squad dug in inside the mine for instance? Or would it be great if your squad is inside, and the whole enemy team is knocking at the door, for you to drop it on your own position to wipe them all out, being safe inside?

Where else do you guys look forward to using it?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: JDAM sweet spots.......

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
    So, I was reading the changelist on .7 about the JDAM, and since you only get 1 drop an hour, I started thinking about where it will best be put to use.
    My first thought is on Qwai River at the Mine flag, and if it would actually be useful there for either attack or defense. Will it be able to kill a squad dug in inside the mine for instance? Or would it be great if your squad is inside, and the whole enemy team is knocking at the door, for you to drop it on your own position to wipe them all out, being safe inside?

Where else do you guys look forward to using it?
    Keeping the Qwai theme - Estate would be a great place to drop it to quickly eliminate a defending force.

Courtyard on Seven Gates.
    Gardens on EJOD.

Not sure about the new maps, but I bet there will be some pretty great spots to drop them there.

I'm anxious to see one in action - or the aftermath more appropriately. (Greedily wringing hands with anticipation)

(Slightly off-topic)
    Question: What kind of rule changes will be required on the PR server because of this weapon? Will a UCB be off-limits to a JDAM? Image calling in an airstrike on the opposing airfield on Kashan and eliminating *everything*. I would imagine that everywhere else is in bounds, but I can't imagine allowing a JDAM on a main/UCB unless it is in play.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Qwai etheir fishing or government(the one my team is attacking)

Basrah know it is not going to be put on it but if it was in 0.6 when insurgents take vcp
      I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Imagine the penalty is it were loaded with civvies...

It will be interesting to see if the jdam is able to "penetrate" buildings, such as estate and mine, seeing as a hat/tank shell/you name it can't blow through a fence.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

anyone got a military video of a real JDAM?
          I'm not even sure what it is, but it sounds like it makes a lot of people dead...

google +++
          http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/jdam.htm
          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Further thinking about it and from the video on the PR homepage, it takes quite a long time between request and actual drop.
            Imagine there is a stalemate, and you finally get approval for a drop, but by the time it comes in your team has actually gotten some friendlies on the flag, and it ends up wiping your own teammates out, allowing the enemy to rush back in.
            Hope there is like a huge warning message for everyone on the team to stay clear.
            Then think about your team defending an area, and all of a sudden it gets really quiet and you actually see some of the enemies running away.
            Right then it is time to start sweating.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

it takes one minute from commander approval until the bomb hits. from the teaser video it sounds like you have 20 seconds of 'warning' from the jet engines over-head.

@warehouse:

NSFW/language
              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aAwdtXypqE[/media]
              this looks like maybe a 500lb but there's a few 2000lb links that show up after the clip

i just noticed there's also about 20 seconds of jet engines in this vid too
              Last edited by caffeine; 12-26-2007, 06:33 PM. Reason: meow

Haikus are easy.
              But sometimes they don't make sense.
              Refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                Further thinking about it and from the video on the PR homepage, it takes quite a long time between request and actual drop.
                Imagine there is a stalemate, and you finally get approval for a drop, but by the time it comes in your team has actually gotten some friendlies on the flag, and it ends up wiping your own teammates out, allowing the enemy to rush back in.
                Hope there is like a huge warning message for everyone on the team to stay clear.
                Then think about your team defending an area, and all of a sudden it gets really quiet and you actually see some of the enemies running away.
                Right then it is time to start sweating.
                There is a huge warning message, the sound of the bomb falling which basically says... GET THE **** OUT OF THERE NOW [email protected][email protected]$#@!*(&*$&@

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=4255268

Comment

This is one of my fav. JDAM youtube videos

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPEyxef9gvE&feature=related[/media]

EDIT: for those just getting used to the new youtube links, if you click on the picture, it opens up a small player, if you click on the link, it opens up full screenish (but usually pretty fuzzy)

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I hope it would kill the mine occupants but it depends if the blast radius is big enough on the vertical axis and if it is set to pass through walls

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYLYAa4LxAY[/media]

I could use this every once in a while if I ever get bored with tactics.
                        sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

I wish the JDAM would make a crater but stupid EA can't make a good engine.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                            I wish the JDAM would make a crater but stupid EA can't make a good engine.
                            We're still playing on this engine almost 3 years after it's release, right?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

the qinling coal mine ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed