Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What annoy you the most [gameplay-wise]?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What annoy you the most [gameplay-wise]?

Even though that it is always good and positive to bring forward the positive aspects when playing PR, so do I say that a way to improve the experience is to bring the negative sides into the light. Now, I am not talking about things related to the mod it self, but more towards behavior.

Personally, I have encountered a thing several times that annoy me like nothing else while playing PR. And that is unresponsive squad-leaders. You know...You forward situation reports and tactical info, and recieve zero confirmation on it - only to have half of the squad blown away by the very thing you were telling them about.

What annoy you?

Edit: Looking at the responses, I think that we all can make use of it by learning of what people find annoying and how to work towards further improving the gameplay and experience for everyone.
    Last edited by Steiner; 12-29-2007, 02:29 PM.
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: What annoy you the most [gameplay-wise]?

I guess my biggest annoyance as a player is people who don't have their VOIP working. What's worse is when you join a squad only to find out the SL doesn't have VOIP. How in the world can you be a SL without reliable comms? Other annoyances I can easily chalk up to people trying out new tactics or trying a new position or kit that they are unfamiliar with and I can live with those. It's hard to get experience without jumping in and trying things but you should be equipped for the job and have comms working, lol.

And to add a positive note, most of the things that bothered me when playing in public vBF2 servers are missing from the TG servers. I can honestly find little that really annoys me since the quality of play is so much better here. It was an easy choice to join TG and then later become a Supporting Member. I'm not knocking anyone for anything but for those guys that get upset about H-AT sniping and other problems, go back and play on a few public servers for an hour or so. You will see just how good we have it here and it puts things into perspective. Just my .02

Comment

i have a couple of things that annoy me

1.) Having a crap commander. When i have a very bad commander i think to myself "crap, not again!" Sometimes the Com doesnt know what hes doing, which is fine, but it just annoys be that he gives me orders that to move to another flag when we need the flag im at to hold our lines. He still insists to go to that other flag, with no support and the likelihood of us just being torn apart. So i have to get into the argue and support my finding which, in result, tells me i'm right and to stay there. All i want sometimes is a com with some COMmon sense.

2.) Another thing that bugs me is people that join the server and insist on fly and join an inf squad or even armor. When we have are assets i like to make a squad and invite the people who i know wont crash into the trees, or flip, or just do something stupid. Sometimes i dont have enough people so i leave the squad open for people to join. I then find people standing around in a TW INF squad waiting for the helicopters, i try telling commander to tell all squads " leave helis for heli squads" but he doesnt tell a single soal which annoys me(see arguement 1 for the reason). So the guy takes the chopper takes off and i think thats the end of that, but no, he then does a nice 180 degree turn with his heli and crashes his helicopter into the water( example above is from jabal)

3.) 1 man tanking. Sometimes you just dont have enough people to tank, which is fine, but when you have a full squad of " 3mantank" , "ARMOR" , etc... and i see 1 person in the tank, it annoys me. I personally just drive because i know that everyone wants the kills and points and i dont even mind driving. There is really no stress that involves driving a tank and it isnt your fault if you die(unless its a mine). I cant for .7 to come out because of the 30 second delay from going driver seat to the gunners seat.

Well thats about it, ty for your time!!!

Comment

#3 - When neutral flags are rushed at the beginning of round 3,4, or even 5 flags "ahead" of current flag position

#2 When nobody is working together, and everyone gives up

#1 When people team swap making you get swapped to the other side! *ERRRR

Comment

• A new one I experienced this week -> a whining CO who keeps talking to all squads at the same time and thinks capping a flag is a walk in the park...
          • SM 's not following orders and changing kit without permission (especially snipers)
          • Unorganized team with squads all over the wrong flags
          • I could go on and on but I 'm not in the mooth right now
          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

No VOIP feedback. Commanding and seeing a flag go gray when a squad is right there and they don't report enemy contact or that the flag is going down so I can send backup.

Players taking assets when not in asset squad. Sometimes one APC at a time is better so they always have a spare to use, or get 4 people in the APC squad to use both.

Humvees getting abandoned on the map, this will be important not to do in .7.

Either not many limited kits used (get support and marksman for a fire base, use grenadier smoke on a flag) or squad leader is a sniper.

Squads don't drop rallies.

No one builds sandbag cover, don't know if you have to get them to full health to have them stay but at least get them to standing state instead of broken.

Comment

This was a thread topic just last month (started by Fuzzhead):
              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...peeves-pr.html

It might be best to read that thread and place your answers there.

Comment

I'm new to PR but i have an old classic that never dies too. SL og SM's that flood the comms with chatter about nothing relevant. This can result in the rest of the squad not getting their info/request through and that can result in the squad's failure in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                  I'm new to PR but i have an old classic that never dies too. SL og SM's that flood the comms with chatter about nothing relevant. This can result in the rest of the squad not getting their info/request through and that can result in the squad's failure in many ways.
                  Same goes for CO 's using nothing but the global channel and hereby making it impossible for SL 's to hear their SM 's...
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                    Same goes for CO 's using nothing but the global channel and hereby making it impossible for SL 's to hear their SM 's...
                    That's got to be one of the worst.

That or the people who join and request sniper kits, EVERY time they join your squad and go lonewolving. I don't think it's appropriate to mention names but whenever one does join my squad I usually just kick them instantaneously.
                    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

I have many things which annoy me but the one I hate the most is commanders that talk TOO MUCH. Commanders talking is needed but sometimes they need to stop talking, I've had a comm that had held down his VOIP button for at least 99% of the time and was chattering away. It wasn't random chatter but lots of it wasn't needed. Comms that do that force me to mute them since I can't hear anything around me or my squad members. Please comms, keep chatter to a minimum and use the squad chat. PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE

Edit : Noticed someone already said it but it doesn't hurt to put again ;)

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

* Squad leader who thinks a medic (or two) sole job is to keep himself and the other players alive
                        * When players from other squads whine about you not healing / reviving them

Comment

[*]1337 Snipers.[*]People who ask, everytime they're in my squad, if they can grab a sniper. If I want a sniper, I'll ask someone.[*]People asking where easter eggs are (Thank god this is leaving for good)[*]Not knowing how to fly, and despite the team's pleading, they crash it anyway.[*]1 man tanks

I could go on for days :3
                          Skud

Comment

* Pilots who swear their names are engraved in the dashboard

This is quite the thread.. We are all angry PR players ;)

Comment

Originally posted by <1sk>Headshot View Post
                              whenever one does join my squad I usually just kick them instantaneously.
                              Im guility of doing the same sometimes but can we agree that asking someone to leave the squad and then kicking is a better idea then kicking without warning.
                              Usually theres a good reason but it can be a bit reactionary like the whole tk punish thing

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X