0.7 Sound Card Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.7 Sound Card Purchase

I thought I would celebrate the release of v0.7 with a new sound card..
    I would be interested to "hear" of other members product choices..

Re: 0.7 Sound Card Purchase

Really only have one choice.. Creative Sound Blaster.

What are you currently running?
    If you want an improvement over an onboard sound card a SB Audigy would be an improvement. If running 5.1, or 7.1, or like to post your "Rigs Awesomeness" an X-FI would be your best bet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...n=x-fi&x=0&y=0

Comment

Stay away from XFI if you dont want to troubleshoot for many hours on end. w.Warehouse can attest that the X-FI has given him many problems with BF2. Blue screens of death etc...
      Skud

Comment

I have no issues with X-Fi ExtremeGamer ... I suspect my Vista issues maybe because of it though..

Comment

X-Fi XtremeGamer is what i might get in the next couple of days(witht the joystick im getting which is gonna be a logitech extreme one). I think i have a good system to run it:

e6600 cor2duo
          4gigoram
          8800gts

Comment

I used to have xfi, very nice eax in bf2 but i sold when i switched to pr because it sounded no different to onboard HD audio

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
              I used to have xfi, very nice eax in bf2 but i sold when i switched to pr because it sounded no different to onboard HD audio
              do you by any chance have realtek hd audio?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumball View Post
                the joystick im getting which is gonna be a logitech extreme one
                You should go for a Saitek Cyborg Evo imo.. it feels very responsive, has a good grip and it's adaptable to both right and left handed players like me..

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Originally posted by eol View Post
                  You should go for a Saitek Cyborg Evo imo.. it feels very responsive, has a good grip and it's adaptable to both right and left handed players like me..
                  i read a couple reviews for it and it seems that you have to calibrate it alot.

Comment

X-Fi XtremeGamer - i have it for a year now and its given me no troubles.. running WinXP right now

Comment

Before I read any of these posts, I went and got a SB XFI, got it installed no problem, exept for the part you are supposed to put in an unused drive bay actually sits on top of my puter for lack of anywhere else to put it...

Sounds great, Finally sounds change pitch when they are behind you.. turned my settings up to high on audio and video.. Im verry happy with it so-far..

THE only issue I have is it seems that the transition of sounds from one quadrant to another Right side to Front.. Front to Left... ect.. seems to happen very suddenly.. it doesnt really blend.. but thats using 5.1 through my Barracuda headphones.. It might be smoother through the speakers..

All in all im very happy.. thanks for the input.. And thanks for the gaming.

************************************************** **************************************************
                      On the back of the XFI card there is a pin connector (referred to on the box as an "I/O CONSOLE UPGRADE") .... It is diffrent from the
                      HD-DAI connection on my Barracuda Headphones?.?. Is there a Dongle I can get to plug directly into the SB XFI card?????
                      ************************************************** **************************************************
                      Last edited by llPANCHOll; 12-30-2007, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumball View Post
                        do you by any chance have realtek hd audio?
                        Yea, asus p5n-e

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Razer Barracuda AC-1 soundcard and 5.1 headphones...LOVE THESE BADBOYS!

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=41
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

make sure you are running in "game mode" otherwise the 3d sound positioning wont work properly.

Comment

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/112512

The cards a beast and its not that expensive, just make sure you have some decent speakers ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X