Things I've Noticed in 0.7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I've Noticed in 0.7

I've only played three full games so far but I walked away with a few observations (that may or not have been discussed in the manual per se) so I thought it would be good to start a thread with things everyone is noticing.

-- Medics no longer have a HUD so squad members need to verbalize that they are inured/down/killed. I suggest using squad chat to say 1) "I'm Down" or 2) "I'm Killed", and continue to use the compass rose if you simply need health. Also, medics should probably check their map periodically if you are fighting alongside another friendly squad so that you can see their defib notifications as well. Bottom line, being a medic just got tougher.
    -- Squad leaders need to practice using the manual spotting system. Chat gets too bogged down if you verbalize everything. Plus if the SL manually spots, then the CO can relay that information to other SLs in the area of operation.
    -- It's more important than ever to keep your squad pretty close together. If they are spread out there is a lot higher chance of team kills and confusion when the fire fight starts.
    -- Squad leaders should consider driving a support truck to any location where they'll want a bunker or firebase. Although they can request a build order and place the asset themselves, a lot of SLs didn't bring a truck so they were unable to build an asset.
    -- The flag zones have been adjusted on some maps. I specifically noticed that on Qwai River, you no longer have to be inside the Mine to be in the cap radius, so don't hunker down inside on defense without some perimeter patrols.

Please add anything else you've noticed so we can all get past this learning curve as quickly as possible.

Cheers

Re: Things I've Noticed in 0.7

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
    -- It's more important than ever to keep your squad pretty close together. If they are spread out there is a lot higher chance of team kills and confusion when the fire fight starts.
    boo, I dont like being on a leash but on the up side it will make for some funny m203 kills :)

Is there a bmp-3 on kufrah, it has 90mm and 30mm cannons?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

-SL's need to rally up every 30 sec for a while and drop a fresh point down.
      -SL's Driving / Gunning in APC / Armor are useless
      -I need a upgrade to play Fools Road :(
      -Bi Ming is soo great.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

ive noticed that when someone says "3 guys over there by that building!" It has even less relevence now. If the squad is tight .. you can use compass headings..

One thing Ive noticed alot more in the last few days... more locked squads.. ive even seen a locked squad with one person in it.. I can understand locking a 3 man tank squad, but have a harder time understanding why lock a infantry squad with 4 people in it..

I'm sure someone will explain it to me..

Comment

Taking off of what pancho said, guys remember that the rules havent changed just cause 0.7 came out. If you see one man locked suqads, or squads are maxed out and people refuse to unlock them, please notify an admin immediately. The same goes with any other rule infractions. AT sniping vs infantry is still illegal, so is basecamping, etc. Nothing has changed and the admin staff really does need our help with policing the server, especially with the new version release and the smacktard influx. So stay on point and keep TG clean!

Comment

I was tanking on Fool's Road and we saw a truck coming down the road and started blasting it (albeit missing :)) and it turned out to be their main. Whoops!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

One thing I noticed: The JDAM is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

On Kashan tonight, our squad was pinned down at MEC Outpost by 2 MEC tanks, a mobile AA, and a vodnik with a squad - until SCREAMING FOR VENGENCE!!! Boooooooooooooooommmmmm! All dead! It was fantastic!

The sounds are great!

I agree with Cougar - SL need to drop rallies often.

I love that you need only two SM to drop a rally - you can now effectively have two fire teams in your squad and continue to push forward without fear of being able to set a rally - that is a HUGE improvement and it will really improve team play.

The manual spotting for the SL is going to take some practice to get used to.

The build system for the commander seems to be buggy - we were having problems on Kashan with it. We think we got it figured out - I guess you need a CP close by, not just on the map. Can anyone confirm this? I need to go re-read the manual again, but that can wait until morning.

Overall, I absolutely love .7!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Build worked for us on Qinling like this: CO with Officer kit, command post built somewhere, supply truck within 50m of where you want the building, request build order, commander CONFIRMS order, request object, build.

Comment

Being a Commander in .7 seems to be WAY harder. I felt so bad for Soccer on Qwai :( Our team didn't care to listen to him at all. I did drop a JDAM on Gov offices though. That was nice :D
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    Build worked for us on Qinling like this: CO with Officer kit, command post built somewhere, supply truck within 50m of where you want the building, request build order, commander CONFIRMS order, request object, build.

That's exactly how we were doing it, but we couldn't build anything after our first firebase in North Village at the start of the round. Snowman kept resigning and re-taking the commander spot in an attempt to fix it, but no dice. Hmmm....I guess we'll chalk it up to being .7 noobs.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                      That's exactly how we were doing it, but we couldn't build anything after our first firebase in North Village at the start of the round. Snowman kept resigning and re-taking the commander spot in an attempt to fix it, but no dice. Hmmm....I guess we'll chalk it up to being .7 noobs.
                      You did have a bunker right? Because you still need to have equal numbers of bunkers and firebases I think.
                      | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                      Charge for the guns' he said:
                      Into the valley of Death
                        Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I've learned that the PLA rifle is far inferior to the US/UK's

Comment

I've noticed that maps last 2hours+, and I still hate Kashan Desert with a vengeance

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                            I've learned that the PLA rifle is far inferior to the US/UK's
                            It sounds cool though :row__523: All the sounds in .7 are excellent, if the eax is messing up there is a file you can download to fix it.

All the maps are going to last longer till they adjust those tickets I think, maps are starting with gigantic amounts just like 06 beta was like

Kashan seemed a bit better with some proper order to everything. Try playing as a squad leader or a spec op so you can call in air strikes

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Something I've noticed is not only will the heading of a target be important, but the RANGE TO TARGET will be crucial to squad communications as well.. I had a hard time as a Tank Driver using the range finder.. possibly I need some tutelage on this function. If one can learn to tell the range of a target by the size of the target in their scopes, or by using the binoculars, it will go a long way to promoting effective communication within the squad..

Not to mention ones High School Geometry Classes.. If the squad is separated, and a person calls out "TANK! Heading 160! 500 meters! One can look at the position of that player figure out exactly what point on the map they are talking about and then focus my attention on that area.

v.07 is going to make being in a good squad even more important to the enjoyment of the game..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X