A little bug'y eh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bug'y eh?

Well after cutting my teeth on 0.7 for a few hours tonight all I can say is "wow". I really like most of the changes although I think the lack of a mini-map will require a change of thinking and some getting used too. I apologize to all the friendlies I took cheap shots at. There for a while it seemed as though every 3rd guy I shot at was a friendly on Bi Ming. Oh well, live and learn.

Some things I did notice while playing was the assorted bugs here and there. I'm not knocking 0.7, but some of the things were a little odd and I thought it would be cool to post up our findings. Most of the bugs I noticed were on Qinling. For some reason, the Challenger 2 seemed to want to keep moving, even after I let off the button. Nothing that unusual until you figure in the fact that sometimes I seemed to be slowly sliding uphill. A bit odd. One other was the effect the British transport helo had on the map. It seemed to lag the whole show for the guys in the squad I was in. One particularly irritating phenomenon is the bushes in Qinling that seem to have a main and tail rotor like a helo. When viewed from a distance, it looks as though a chopper has landed behind the bush and shut down. And the best one was the ladder in the barn at the farm. It pretty much went nowhere unless you consider being in the loft from the waist up and the rest of you hanging underneath somewhere. The ladder seems to come a little short of reaching the top floor, so to speak. Oh, and what's up with the 6000 second spawn time that pops up from time to time?

All in all a great mod and I congratulate the PR team on making the best mod around, hands down. It does need a little polish, but not much. 0.7 was definitely worth the wait.

Re: A little bug'y eh?

I downloaded it today, and it crashes every time it loads. I get to the end of loading and blammy, I am out. Anyone having similar issues?
    sigpic

Comment

As far as the long spawn time goes, the best way to fix it is to switch kits and then switch back. Seems to work for me.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
        I downloaded it today, and it crashes every time it loads. I get to the end of loading and blammy, I am out. Anyone having similar issues?
        Otmano did you removed the 0.6 before installing .7 and did you installed both the core version and level setup of 0. 7?

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
          and dont forget to delete the PR folder in your BF2 after you uninstall v0.6.. I also use a free registry cleaner "Abexo" I think and reboot before installing v0.7

Comment

Hell, I just did an over-the-top install and i've loaded up every single map in the list just to test it and it worked fine and dandy. So an uninstall might not even be required. 0.7 installs to the same directory as 0.6, so it would just overwrite the existing files anyway.

Comment

Is it still possible to play pheonix and others in 0.7 then

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

No, but I am in the process of unloading everything and starting the load again. So much for not reading the instructions....

Let you know how it goes.
                sigpic

Comment

I found some lag that was all. DL'ed in under 50 min (East Coast USA) and played for an hour. Loved the changes. The mini had me all effed up a few times and I had 3 kills not register under score. Funny to watch guys that have played for a while walk around like lost kids in an amusement park. Cant wait to play more...
                  sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X