X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting Member kick - low score not time

Please,
    When kicking for a supporting member, kick the person with the lowest score, not the person who has been there the longest. It makes no sense what you guys are doing atm. Instead of kicking people who are tkers, crash vehicles, etc. you kick the people who have the most invested in the game.

Please, change this, and people will forever stop complaining. This is the only thing that is keeping TG from being the best server.

Re: Supporting Member kick - low score not time

Unfortunately the problem with kicking ppl with the lowest score is that they probably just got on and if they are kicked right away, that might discourage them from coming back again. At least when kicking the person with the longest play time it is assured that they have gotten to play for a bit and would feel less jipped by the kick. Of course the easiest way to get around being kicked is to become a supporting member :)

Comment

With all due respect.. I am a new member here, but I've played on alot of other servers, and By Far there are less smacktards on the TG server.. I shelled out the cash to join, not just because I wanted to be able to get on whenever.. but I wanted to support the site that brings me so much enjoyment..

Comment

But someone who just joined doesn't have anything invested in the game. They don't care how it ends, and they haven't gotten to know there squad members. If you kick them, they don't loose anything.

On the other hand, someone who has been on the server a long time has hours of time invested, they have gotten to know their squad members and really care about how it ends as they have been battling it out for a long time.

As for discouraging people from joining again, this is not an issue at all. It is not like TG has a problem having enough players on the server. Actually, kicking people who have been on the longest discourages them from joining again. I know I will have second thoughts about joining the TG server, because what you do pisses people off so much, because they loose so much, unlike someone who just joined.

Comment

I am really sorry about you getting kicked, but the SM's have priority over non-SM's. They helped pay and maintain the server. If you had second thoughts about rejoining, then take a break and calm down. Sooner or later another slot will be open.

The only thing that I can say is maybe you should become an SM...it might be worth it to you.

Dirt

p.s.

The Brits won Al Kufrah by THREE tickets...it was an awesome game that was back and forth for an hour!
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
            I am really sorry about you getting kicked, but the SM's have priority over non-SM's. They helped pay and maintain the server. If you had second thoughts about rejoining, then take a break and calm down. Sooner or later another slot will be open.

The only thing that I can say is maybe you should become an SM...it might be worth it to you.

Dirt

p.s.

The Brits won Al Kufrah by THREE tickets...it was an awesome game that was back and forth for an hour!

It is not about kicking people or not, I understand you have to do that and have no problem with that.

My problem is WHO you kick, if you read both my posts you will understand.

Comment

i dont think you are going to convince anybody to make a policy change..

For the amount of time i spend online.. it was well worth it to become a SM

Comment

Originally posted by GeZe View Post
                It is not about kicking people or not, I understand you have to do that and have no problem with that.

My problem is WHO you kick, if you read both my posts you will understand.
                Whoops...I forgot to post this:row__631:

I think it is the script that was made...I don't think that it can be changed. That being said, I think that it is fair...it gives all Non-Sm's the chance to play an equal amount.
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

This has been requested many times over and over, and everyone has the same suggestions and thoughts on it as you. Kicking the person with the longest time allows everyone to have the *most fairest* (dont ask) chance of playing on a TG server. It gives everyone a taste of what we have and they do come back, alot of players come back.

Usually you can rejoin right after you get kicked and be back in.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    Whoops...I forgot to post this:row__631:

I think it is the script that was made...I don't think that it can be changed. That being said, I think that it is fair...it gives all Non-Sm's the chance to play an equal amount.
                    You should be able to change the script, as it is python and not compiled.

Now, at the very least, please change it so it doesn't kick squad leaders as this is horrible for a squad to suddenly have it's SL yanked out; it completely disorients the squad. I think that is fair.

Comment

Oh my Dirtboy. Your sig has just made my day!

I don't think it was possible for them to limit by squad leader, of within a tank, or jet. Kicking the last to join would really be a vicious cycle for that player(s) trying to get in the 62nd slot.

Comment

Dirtboy is exactly right. The reason for the time-kick is simple: say you just joined Geze and before you get a chance to get a kill, a SM wants to join. You get the boot. Now, which is more frustrating: getting all amped up to play, taking two steps and getting booted or playing for a couple hours and getting booted?

The idea is to let people come play, have a good time and then if they get SM-kicked, they might consider becoming a SM so it doesnt happen anymore. Thats a huge motivator for people, ask most of the guys who have supporting memberships. Quality play time on a quality server. Not 5 minutes then a kick.

And no offense intended, but TG's PR server IS the best server. Gametracker alone proves that: TG's PR server is the 17th ranked BF2 server...not just out of PR servers, ALL BF2 servers. Take a look at our competition:

Notice that all the servers above us are 24/7 and Infantry only Vanilla servers? I think that speaks for itself.

Comment

"24/7 Infantry Only Karkand Madness!! [FF OFF]". Freaking love that server!

Comment

Bring back SL spawn or I'll cut myself! - FREAKING HILARIOUS!!

LEAVE DIRTBOY ALOOOOOONNNNEEEEE!!!!!

I think that the script is the fairest way to do it. Regardless, no matter how the decision is made, the person getting kicked will not be happy.

I think the easiest way to maintain connectivity is to disconnect after a round or two and reconnect while the next map is loading. Someone suggested that previously and it seems to work just fine for them.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Fair and Equal Time of Play for all non-Supporting Members

Originally posted by Tarthkin View Post
                              Unfortunately the problem with kicking ppl with the lowest score is that they probably just got on and if they are kicked right away, that might discourage them from coming back again. At least when kicking the person with the longest play time it is assured that they have gotten to play for a bit and would feel less jipped by the kick. Of course the easiest way to get around being kicked is to become a supporting member :)
                              Agreed.

Servers seem to becoming more and more 'pay to play'. You don't have to pay on TG servers. But if you don't pay, you don't get the best experience. Pretty simple really. And I agree with 'Tarthkin', the current method of making way for Supporting Members is the fairest. How would most people like often getting kicked off the server after 3, 4, or 5 minutes of playing!?! I think most people would be pretty turned off by that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X