PR graphics settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR graphics settings

Anyone else rocking an x1950 pro? What settings are you at?

Ive got everything set mostly high. Some maps it works fine on. Other maps, like qinling, are unplayable.

discuss...
    sigpic

Re: PR graphics settings

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
    Anyone else rocking an x1950 pro? What settings are you at?

Ive got everything set mostly high. Some maps it works fine on. Other maps, like qinling, are unplayable.

discuss...
    I have an 8800GTX and still play with the graphics on medium. Last night on Qinling, with a 40 ms ping, I experienced a bit of lag on occasion but it was very good overall.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Quinling seems to take a high end card if you want it perfect. 40fps on a 2900xt. Mostly good but occasionally it would judder for a second, it probably needs more vram.

Before quinling try putting the video settings down, a bit of a hassle but the map does last for ages

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm rocking dual X1950 pro XTX's, but even if I disable one of the cards, I can run everything on high with no real problems.

Comment

512meg vram ? Maybe thats it, xtx is dam fast anyway. pro is the cut down version of that and can be only 256meg

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm only running a single 8600 and I don't have any issues running the maps on high.

However, honestly? the mod isn't polished enough to run on high. Shadows show through multiple walls, the textures dont really look any different at a casual glance, and dynamic lights/shadows are the first things you turn off anyway, which happen to make the most difference imo to the overall look of the game.

Comment

and that my friend, is the BF2 engine for ya, at its best!
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

got a x1950 pro 512 and play all maps on high with no problems, got 3GB of RAM which really does help

Comment

Hmm...

maybe it's cause my 1950 only has 256 mb on it. Ive had no problems with my 2 gig ram, maye another stick wont hurt.

thanks fellas
                  sigpic

Comment

A lot of this comes to resolution. The higher the resolution, the more pixels, the more rendering required per frame.

I run 1680x1050 @ High (x4 AA), the only lag I get seems to be on Fools Road. Qinling ran great, but keep in mind I only ever saw Chinese FOB and village, there could be problem spots?

Running 8800GTS 320mb, 4gb 800DDR2 Ram

If its stuttering, it could be RAM - There sure are lots of trees / objects

Comment

Originally posted by Xpiy View Post
                      got a x1950 pro 512 and play all maps on high with no problems, got 3GB of RAM which really does help
                      Same here, except I only have 2 GB's of system RAM. Card is an AGP slot(not pci-e) X1950 Pro 512 MB and running at 1600x1200 res with 6x AA set on the in-game graphics options. Only things I have on medium are Dynamic Lighting and Dynamic Shadows. Sound settings are 'English Only', 'Medium Quality'. This can save on RAM usage, thereby cutting down on swapping of textures from System RAM to VRAM(and hard drive swapping), set by 'apg aperture size' option in the bios on agp systems. Mine is set to 256 MB. I've heard there is no 'Aperture Size' setting option in the BIOS on PCI-E systems, that instead the amount of System RAM allocated for texture storage swapping is done automatically and is set to one-half(1/2) of the amount of your VRAM size. VRAM = Video Card RAM.

I have almost no problems. I say almost, because sometimes Quinling does seem to have some stuttering/warping sometimes. What I don't understand is why it's only sometimes. Even when defending the same area(Village) for quite a while, it's smooth going for a good while, then sometimes I get some stuttering/warping for a while within that same area. Perhaps the Village is a problem area?

A Couple of people have said that the Merlin can cause some bad lag on this map. I was once at the British airbase and someone was near me(can't remember who) and they had a pilot kit. I got myself a pilot kit and hopped into the Merlin. The person said, 'hey, I was going to get in there and go crash this thing, it lags out the map for everyone.' I got out of the Merlin and I said, 'I see what you mean, I got some baaad lag just getting into the thing!!' I encountered mini-pauses in the turning of the rotor blades while she was warming up! The mini-pauses were fairly significant. :-/ So now I am wondering if this is the fault of the Merlin while I'm playing on this map.

Personally, I have no problems on Fools Road.
                      Last edited by OneTinSoldier; 01-03-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

PR uses more then 512meg of vram when Ive checked to measure it. If you dont have that much it will end up using more then 2gig of system memory. If you dont have more then 2 gig system ram it will use the windows page file in the middle of a game, ie. load textures from the hard disk to the screen

Not a massive problem except when you have massive view distance and lift binos or are flying high speed, etc it judders

Comment

I can run PR on max res and settings and AAx6, but what are the best settings for playing PR?

Comment

2900XT, all high but textures medium (@OP, unless your staring at your sleeves, not much difference between high and medium), AA at 4, resolution 1280x1024. I used to run 2x 1950 pros in cross-fire, same settings.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

AMD 64X2 4200+, 2 GB Ram, 8600GTS

1280x1024, 2xAA, All high except the lighting/shadows is at medium. No need to turn those up.

Fools road burns everyone on FPS. if you dont care, just play :)
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X