Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Accuracy

Question -

In addition to the deviation resulting from walking / running, is there deviation when you are sighted down the iron sights, while prone or crouching, and looking around?

I swear I cant hit anything anymore at anything farther than 50m! I used to be a head shot king.

At least this frustration has led me to get a lot nastier with the grenadiers. Tonight I got about 30 kills defending gov office from the roof.

T
    sigpic

Re: Gun Accuracy

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
    Question -

In addition to the deviation resulting from walking / running, is there deviation when you are sighted down the iron sights, while prone or crouching, and looking around?

T
    I believe there is deviation when you are sighted and move your sights because when you aim with a HAT, if you move your target even slightly, the secondary sight widens again until you remain completely still. I assume rifle deviation would be coded the same (please correct me if I'm wrong).

As an aside, the HAT is very difficult to fire accurately now because of this deviation and the fact that APCs/Tanks get a audio warning that they are being targeted. They have about 15 seconds to move away after you start to settle the sights on them... if you try and track the moving target the HAT sights deviate and you have to remain still for another few seconds to settle the aim again...

Comment

They have really buggered up the aiming/accuracy system this version, its basicly impossible to hit anything unless you have been prone for 30 mins and the enemy runs directly in front of your cross-hair.....Surly even in real life its easyer for someone trained to fire weapons to aim lol?

Comment

Maybe there is in accuracy when you turn with regular rifles like the HAT, I can't hit a thing anymore.

And for grins the yellow HAT indicators close faster when you are in a vehicle than when you are crouched.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

very off topic…Teflondon are you at all in cohesion with Teflonturd?

Comment

Don't know..think the accuracy is far more realistic now.

Its pretty damn hard to hit a human outline at > 100 yds with a service weapon if you're not hunkered down , breathing normally , and the target is stationery (as on a firing range).

Non of these conditions exist in a combat situation.

US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed - that American ammunition-makers cannot keep up with demand.
            PRM is starting to emulate this now.
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

That's why u leap frog or pie wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There are tricks to firing the HAT. Spent a long time last night in that pratice map you can play on and ran around trying different things with the HAT and C4 and SLAMs. You should try it too ;)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by BloodOxide View Post
                  very off topic…Teflondon are you at all in cohesion with Teflonturd?
                  No sir! Never heard of that fellow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                    Its pretty damn hard to hit a human outline at > 100 yds with a service weapon if you're not hunkered down , breathing normally , and the target is stationery (as on a firing range).
                    I don't know about that man...I can hit a squirrel from 100yds with my Winchester 70...sure would hope that our service men & women have better guns and training at their disposal to hit a 90 pound terrorist firing an AK-74 at them from that range. This mod is more like 30 yds and the bullets go everywhere. Given a scoped M-16 or M-4... that terrorist should have a third eye and no pulse.
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                      Don't know..think the accuracy is far more realistic now.

Non of these conditions exist in a combat situation.

PRM is starting to emulate this now.
                      Does anyone here know what B.R.A.S.S. means in regards to marksmanship? Be thankful there are no windage and elevation adjustments, although with practice it comes very easily along with range estimation. Standing at 500 yards is my favorite shooting challenge, it is fun to watch the expressions of people watching you hit the target, anyone is capable of doing it. I have caught myself in .07 with the tip slightly above my targets head and working down if the first shot misses, just to see if PR has made some sort of compensation for distance. Yesterday I shot at a Militiaman on the ground three times and he walked at away at about a distance of 400 yards. "Shot, recover, 1, 2, Shot, recover, 1,2,..." What are you gonna do...Guess it wasn't his time to go. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                        I don't know about that man...I can hit a squirrel from 100yds with my Winchester 70...sure would hope that our service men & women have better guns and training at their disposal to hit a 90 pound terrorist firing an AK-74 at them from that range. This mod is more like 30 yds and the bullets go everywhere. Given a scoped M-16 or M-4... that terrorist should have a third eye and no pulse.
                        Sure Warehouse ;) but is the squirrel armed with an ak47, and taking pot shots at you? Hehe
                        I havent got a problem hitting at all. Just remeber the time the shots correctly. Dont shot at once after you crouch or stop running.

Comment

Originally posted by Jevski View Post
                          Sure Warehouse ;) but is the squirrel armed with an ak47, and taking pot shots at you? Hehe
                          I havent got a problem hitting at all. Just remeber the time the shots correctly. Dont shot at once after you crouch or stop running.
                          Thats what I'm failing to understand. I've been getting killed by dolphin-divers 3x as much since 0.7 came out, yet, if I try to insta prone, my bullets go 500m off to one side or the other. In addition to that, I fail to see how shooting someone in the head at point blank (i.e. you walk up on a sniper and he doesnt see you, so you pop him in the back of the head) is LESS powerful than knifing them in the leg. The knife is an insta-kill now, yet if you sneak up on someone, it still takes 2-3 bullets to kill them at 0 range.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Thats what I'm failing to understand. I've been getting killed by dolphin-divers 3x as much since 0.7 came out, yet, if I try to insta prone, my bullets go 500m off to one side or the other. In addition to that, I fail to see how shooting someone in the head at point blank (i.e. you walk up on a sniper and he doesnt see you, so you pop him in the back of the head) is LESS powerful than knifing them in the leg. The knife is an insta-kill now, yet if you sneak up on someone, it still takes 2-3 bullets to kill them at 0 range.
                            I concur on all points, especially getting killed by the other guy going insta prone
                            sigpic

Comment

I tend to agree with this - that one can not hit much anyone. I will take the G3 for instance since this is a weapon I am quite familiar with [had one for 4 years until recently, and I would dare to say that I am at least on par with the PR-team regarding the handling of this weapon]. When I try to aim with it 0.6-style - I can´t hit what I am aiming for. When I go RL-style - I still can not hit what I am aiming for.

Also, the deviation on automatic fire for the G3 is way...way off in PR. True, you are not so accurate, but one are not as near as inaccurate as PR makes it out to be.
                              sigpic
                              The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...