CTD after about an hour and a half

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD after about an hour and a half

Anyone getting this? My squad last night had a few guys saying they had the same issue as me...after about an hour and a half...loss of connection issues...

I have a very low ping, strong cable service, etc...

Any ideas on this?
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: CTD after about an hour and a half

Noticed your Vista thread. It's Vista I'm afraid buddy :/ Induces a memory leak in BF2. I usually get through 2-3 maps before it happens. If it doesn't happen on the map load then it goes in the middle of game sometimes.
    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

I got it last night too, playing EJOD, 15 minutes into the game. I'm XP.

Comment

I get CTD every once in a while - not so much on .7 as I did .6. In .7 it happened right after Qinling ended on Wednesday. I run XP, ATI x800, 4GB RAM. I think I just need a flatten/rebuild, but I'm waiting until I can sneak the cash past my wife for a 8800 GTX or 2 and a quad-core upgrade.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Stevieray you are not alone mate. I crash to desktop now and again where as I wasn't before. However that is not my main problem with PR,as anyone that has had to endure my whining during a game will tell you. Since a recent PB update I can only go 1 maybe two maps before losing connection. Once connection is lost I close BF2 and then cannot connect to the net without restarting the PC. I have tried manually updating pb, even going as far as following the instructions on the EA site rather than PB's own and deleting the appropriate entries from the registry.

I have changed my firewall to Commodo (from windows default) and run Nortons uninstaller program to ensure all traces of Symantec programs are gone. I also haver Spyware Doctor and Spybot installed. Tried running with everything turned off and still the problem occurs. Even run with the firewall off it happens sometimes. Keep getting the PB B driver failure message, if anything comes up at all. I'm at my, admittedly limited, wits end. Considering doing a complete reinstallation of Xp etc but it seems a bit drastic just to get damm PB working properly. If anyone can think of anything I can do I would be very grateful.

Good luck to anyone having problems, with the release of 0.7 this is all the more soul destroying.

Comment

Ditto on the crashes. Im getting CTD and total reboot crashes somewhat frequently.
            sigpic

Comment

I was getting blue-screens-of-death frequently due to my on-board sound card drivers being jacked up. Even though I was using a creative audigy ZS2 card. I also got crashes when I tried running 4gigs of ram on a 32 bit operating system.

I would think that crashing after several hours has got to be due to either memory or heat. You guys might try going to www.memtest.org (i think thats right) and downloading a free memory tester to run overnight.

Aside from common sense: cleaning dust, checking for loose seated hardware, driver updates...don't know what else you might try. You might want to post your system specs when you are getting crashes so we can see what build you guys have.
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Memtest is a good start.
                Every one who's got CTD or BSOD problems should check their systems for stability.
                Here are a few links to download some stability testing programs.

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=199
                http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php?Download

Also you could/should check if your system will pass 3DMark06
                http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=169

Just make sure when running these programs to monitor your temperatures.
                http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=27
                This will give you some more information when and why your system is crashing.

The loss of connection once in a while is mod related, Imo.
                I'm running XP and experience the problem since PR 0.6.
                It didn't happen with PR 0.5

Comment

Guys the general answer sems to be "now and again". Stevie is talking about EVERY 1-1.5 hours. I'm pretty sure this is a Vista problem with BF2.

I think you can fix it by running textures and lighting at medium.

However, I'll put up with the crashes cause the game looks so damn beautiful sometimes.
                  Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Orthos is a good test of CPU stability, pass that and you are rock solid on that front.
                    Prime only does 1 core at a time

It will also stress memory as well but try Memtest too

3Dmark06 isnt the best test of gfx stability imo, I can pass that with cards that failed in bf2
                    Try Atitool for artifcat testing

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Just to note, this happened today during a long session (if you were on today during the day EST) 2 times...on my XP machine. The only difference, .7.

yikes!
                      sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Actually VISTA has NOTHING to do with any CTD problems, first of all, disable all the features that you have installed on to it. Crap like any firewalls, anti viruses (which you dont need anyways, only computer-illiterate people use AV for protection). Then, turn off OS Safety features like OS FW, OS Defender, OS UAC User Control. You can use them whenever you want if you are paranoid of a hacker-attack, but for the game your Internet Protocol is secure from other players.

Now, as an admin:

Properties of the PR Icon: COMPATIABILITY: RUn this program as> WIN XP SP2.

Secondly: TEASK MANAGER: you should have less than 46 Processes running at ANY ONE TIME, if you have more, you got junk and crap on your memory and HDD, remove it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X