Quick (noobish) question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick (noobish) question

I was practising my flying on a local server earlier and saw something that has been bugging me a long time. In this picture , just what is the octagon towards the top of the HUD? It has been bothering me for some time, it only appears when I am near the ground. Is it a thing to tell me where I will soon be at the current speed?
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Quick (noobish) question

It's your hover indicator. As it drifts off the crosshair it indicates your drift from hover.
    sigpic

Comment

So that's what the inside of a chopper looks like...I need to try that some time. ;)

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
        It's your hover indicator. As it drifts off the crosshair it indicates your drift from hover.
        Ooooh, thanks. Does it work at any altitude?
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Yes. keep the hex on the crosshair and you are stationary.
          sigpic

Comment

Usefull for helping the gunner to fire those laser guided missiles? Or can anyone fly on the move and still allow him to guide, staying still seems a bad idea to me

That is the Apache Pilot view btw, really not good visibility but the gunner can see everything

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Wow... I thought it was another chopper I never saw in the game... my game is at lowest setting and the inside of the chopper don't look like that at all!!! ahah

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
              staying still seems a bad idea to me
              Yeah that's why I come in very low altitude behind the hills... when near target... take Altitude.. stabilized... let the gunner shot 3-4-5 Hellfire (Laser or not)... let the gunner switch to his cannon... deploy flare... move on the target and blast them with hydra (while gunner shooting 30mm cannon)... other flare... and move back to rearm!
              Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X