Problem with VOIP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with VOIP?

Hey everyone how ya doing, before I state my problem just wanted to say how Awesome The tactical Gamer Server is (in my eyes the best Server on pr at the moment!). now down to business, I am recently finding problem that leads to frustration, when I am playing pr I use VOIP, about an hour into gameplay my VOIP just fails to work, no green mic pic showing up, and noone can hear me (almost like i got globally muted.) and my vent that i'm on won't let me speak either. but this hasn't happened in any other PR version. only this one. I have a X-fi Xtreme gamer sound card and i have EAX on with Ultra high sound settings. Can somone help me?

Re: Problem with VOIP?

Same card, and settings without any problems. I always had the darnedest times with microphones + sound cards (External or external). I don't know enough about your setup to judge, but I would recommend a USB microphone to anyone who has ever had issues with the standard mic input ports.

Does it stop working within Windows at the time the game fails?

Comment

I have had that problem once, just after installing my SB XFI card. It resolved itself.. maybe check for updates for your sound card..

wish i could be more help.

Comment

Hmmm... i may have had this problem too but thought it was the SL just not responding, or my voice was too quiet, or didn't like my accent etc. I noticed the voice icon wasn't going but I thought this was just a graphical bug.

Will have to investigate.

Comment

this only happens to me from time to time, when i got a connection lost thingy and rejoin a server
          (might that apply to you too?)

restarting BF2 helps - dk whats causing it though :row1_10:

Comment

I don't get this problem but I do get another (minor) VOIP problem. After about half an hour of playing, people's names stop appearing on my screen when they are talking, e.g: Player1 was talking, he stopped, his name stayed there, player2 started talking but I was told it was player1. Also randomly a few days ago the names of people talking changed from white to red-spooky...
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Does it stop working within Windows at the time the game fails?
              This might be something to check. My own personal "bug", is that every time I start BF2(any version)+Join Server+Start Map, Windows XP mutes my microphone. I'm using a Logitech USB headset and microphone. My fix is that I need to alt-tab out, uncheck the mute, and alt-tab back. Once done I'm good to go for the entire night. It's never bothered me enough to go find a fix, but checking your windows sound settings when it happens might give you clue.

Snarlin

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                I don't get this problem but I do get another (minor) VOIP problem. After about half an hour of playing, people's names stop appearing on my screen when they are talking, e.g: Player1 was talking, he stopped, his name stayed there, player2 started talking but I was told it was player1. Also randomly a few days ago the names of people talking changed from white to red-spooky...
                Yup, I got that one too Westy. Never understood it.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
                  I'm using a Logitech USB headset and microphone.
                  i got the same device - i do not have any other audio devices in the device manager, since i have deaktivated onboard sound in the bios - i do NOT have that problem as you do

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                  same here i used SAP's problem solving solution no. 5: "live with the problem"
                  i'd love to have that fixed too, but it happens in BF2 and other mods as well. so i blame the engine

Comment

I had all sorts of problems with VOIP after .6 came out. Drivers corrupted every time I ran the game, etc. No other games, including Vanilla BF2, caused problems.

Turned out I needed more ram. I doubled my ram to 2 gigs and it worked flawlessly.

I doubt you have memory problem since your sound card sounds more expensive than half of my rig, but maybe!

T
                    sigpic

Comment

Have you been swiming in a lot of rivers ingame, and forgotten to clean your mike afterwards???
                      Sorry - I'm only trying to be funny, cant help you man!

Comment

Bricro, try to turn off sound accelration in the DirectX control. According to EA's Faq this should solve the problem. I had the same error, start the game and play, and after a few minutes the mic would stop working and VOIP would even be deselected in the audio options.

Hope it solves the problem

Comment

I've found that leaving/rejoining your squad will fix this VOIP problem.

Today, after about 30 mins I noticed that I couldn't hear the SL speaking but everyone else were responding to his orders (that I couldn't hear), so I rejoined and I could then hear everyone speaking again. It must reset the voip 'connections' when you rejoin.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem you are, and it just started. I can't tell if it is the new build, or the new extreme gamer card I got right before the new build, but never had the problem before, and I don't think in the 2 weeks between when in 1st installed the card and 0.7 released.
                            I have been having to disconnect from the server and rejoin, but by that time I usually lost my slot in a good squad.
                            If you search Creative's forums, you will see tons of other people have this problem with BF and BF 2142.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X