Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be time to find another home but itís been fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be time to find another home but itís been fun.

I first became enamored with PRM a few months ago but my connection isnít all that reliable. Some days itís great, some days it simply isnít. And I never know until I log onto the server.

I was enjoying PRM so much wanted to become a supporting member not so much for the reserved slot but to show my appreciation for the server and all the players that were so willing to go out of their way to offer me assistance whenever I asked.

TG seems to have become THE prima server to play on and is nearly always full now (ie I got up a 5:30AM to see if I could play and the server is indicating 64/64).

I stated much earlier that I do not like to use my SM status to kick a player who may be a valuable asset to the team only to find out that my connection isnít up to it and I have to leave shortly thereafter anyway. And besides, it a politeness and consideration thingie (Iím Canadian eh!).

PRM has never been to me the type of game one could start, end up in a decent squad then leave 20 minutes later. It has always been a one or two hour (or more) commitment to the team venture so my playing time , because of RL commitments , is more or less restricted to week ends. Hence I have never become skilled in the art of PRM warfare and remain a simple ground pounder but that doesnít bother me at all. Have no great desire to fly or use armour anyway.

Iíve spent some time on other less populated servers (which BTW also ping better to me) and still really enjoy PRM when you get into a good squad so Iím not giving up the game , just moving on.

But all good things must eventually come to an end.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can support more than one servers annual membership so think I will still continue my supporting membership because for the price I get all the other amenities (down loads, web space etc.) as well supporting the group that got me into PRM originally.

And itís still fun to hang around the forums.

Why I bothered writing, let alone posting this, I donít know.

Maybe just wanted to express my appreciation to a great group and justify why you see me on the forums but seldom on the server.

GG's all....
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Might be time to find another home but itís been fun.

God Speed. think you joined my squad once long ago when you where still very new. good teamplayer IIRC, if you ever feel the urge to connect though...............my squads always Open! :D :icon14:

Comment

Sorry to hear about your connection probs :(
      Hope you can find a way to sort them out... we miss you.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
        God Speed. think you joined my squad once long ago when you where still very new. good teamplayer IIRC, if you ever feel the urge to connect though...............my squads always Open! :D :icon14:
        Thanks for those kind words and yes - I have you on my list of TG players who offered to coach me whenever I wanted. Thanks for the offer.
        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Your spot will always be here man. Unfortunately, from the state of things in the PR community, I doubt you'll find as good a home, but best of luck nonetheless. As an alternative, I'd recommend simply taking a break from PR altogether and trying out some other titles, like BF2142 (we have 2 of those servers), TF2, or CS:S. All have excellent people, many of whom play PR as well, so you'll definitely see familiar faces that will help you out. Just a thought. Good luck bud, we'll see you on the flip side, and please dont be a stranger to the forums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X