Proper Lasing procedures video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Lasing procedures video

It's unfortunate that the manual is a bit vague on the subject of lazing targets for attack helicopters and aircraft to destroy. So, after a quick search, I noticed this informative video which seems to demonstrate nearly every possible type of lazing. It comes in both the SL's point of view and the pilot POV.

http://www.youtube.com/v/XW5U8QL_23k&rel=1
    Murderous

Re: Proper Lasing procedures video

Thanks for this. Makes a lot of sense out of the matter. Must see for all!

Comment

Thats a great video! I like how it showed the different perspectives of the designator, commander and then pilot. The pilot makes it look so easy to fly and bomb.

Comment

Its already in the flight practice thread.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Is this sound about right?

Infi Calls for Close Air Support

Comander Aproves

Infi Marks with Laser

Jet blow the living hell out of the target

Anything I'm Missing?
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

That is it. I've noticed that the infantry have to let the jet get set up so that it can strike on the first 15 second lase. Things tend to not work if the ground guy lazes the target more than once. So again, let the jet get set up, he should be able to say "ok, laze now." Be that on TS comms or typing.

EDIT- Disregard the 400-500m altitude text in the video, it is NO BS 500m altitude minimum at the time of release for the bomb to explode. And release your bombs right at 600m distance from the target, but absolutely no less than 500m from target. (only about a 1 second window.)
            Murderous

Comment

Thats good to know for the jets, about the ranges. The only problem I have is on Quinling. Simply because if your at about 300 meters or above, you cant actually see your instuments, since they blend into the clouds and the sky.
              Neon green and bright blue/white, do not mix. Period. :row__687:
              Focused

Comment

OH, and 1 more VERY important thing. When using the laser guided bombs in quinling, when you reach 500-600m out on the target, you WILL NOT have a lock signal. Yes, you are dropping the bomb without the "i've got lock" you are used to hearing. Trust me, that how you've got to do it. (It barely mentions that in the manual.)
                Murderous

Comment

Guys, through arduous testing and genius brainwork, we at the 6th have made a breakthrough that will make your lives a hell of a lot simpler in this aspect. Stay tuned to the PR forum in the next day or two for a full writeup!

Comment

I have to say that one of my most memorable moments since 0.7 release was on the new China/UK map. My squad was getting torn up by a tank up on the ridge to the south of Village, and SL Disposable was able to mark the tank for a jet, and when we heard it overhead and saw the tank blow, it really was rejoicing in the streets. We were all cheering on comms.
                    It was near the end of the round, and we were even considering running over and getting a screen shot of all of us standing on the tank.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixxFire View Post
                      Thats good to know for the jets, about the ranges. The only problem I have is on Quinling. Simply because if your at about 300 meters or above, you cant actually see your instuments, since they blend into the clouds and the sky.
                      Neon green and bright blue/white, do not mix. Period. :row__687:
                      Apparently turning your contrast down helps... I tried it, didn't help much.
                      If anyone has a solution please say!
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

OK after a bit more research I managed to figure out a HUGE piece of information that seems to be missing from the videos, and the previous posts. Just to clarify, the "on the way" and "marking target" radio calls are non compulsary. In other words, they do nothing but to aid in communication of what is happening. As a ground pounder, you just simply have to pull out your soflam, and look through it with a right click. Once you see your target through the soflam, just left click and hold until the green box becomes "stuck" to your target. That box will remain on the target which means the target is lazed. You do not have to keep your soflam on him, it will automatically remain tagged for 15 seconds. If the aircraft misses, or cannot reach you in 15 seconds, do it again! Also, you can only lase 1 target at a time it seems, but can change targets before the 15 seconds is up (The box will simply go away on the first target, and tag the new one you are currently left clicking.) I hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding this subject. I'm far from an expert on it, but I will find an answer!

EDIT--Remember, the pilot's life gets a whole lot easier if you request CAS through the CO first so they know where the target is. If you just lase, there is no indication of where you are, or where the target is...so use the CAS maker first. This will give them time to get enough distance from target for the attack run, and you can use that time to left click/lase the target through the soflam. A courtesy "marking target" call wouldn't hurt after you tag the target with the green box so the pilot knows the target's been tagged.
                        Murderous

Comment

Yeah, what he said, except we have video and detailed idiot-proof instructions that we'll be posting later. Damn you for trying to steal my thunder! ;)

Comment

So it can be done without a CO if nessecery, its just the 15 second and range thing thats the fiddly bit

Also its working properly, the green box should follow a moving tank?

It does sound good on the ground, better then artillery ever was

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Murderous View Post
                              OH, and 1 more VERY important thing. When using the laser guided bombs in quinling, when you reach 500-600m out on the target, you WILL NOT have a lock signal. Yes, you are dropping the bomb without the "i've got lock" you are used to hearing. Trust me, that how you've got to do it. (It barely mentions that in the manual.)
                              So the bombs there dont lock on with the j-10 and EF 2000, but with the a-10 and the MEC opposite it does say u're locked on?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X