Eve of Destruction on 1-9 at 8pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve of Destruction on 1-9 at 8pm

Join the 5th this week as we take the Modness to the Eve of Destruction (v1.1). Grab your M16 while cruising above the jungle in your Huey, or lay in the jungles below planting trip mines and prepping for ambush. Choose your class and then select what weapon you want within that class as EOD is the only mod to allow you that flexibility. All TG forum members are eligible to join us at 8pm on 1/9 for this event.

Download: select your mirror here

Password: Click here

Media: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvmmeHL6H4&eurl=http://www.eodmod.com/website2007/bf2/downloads.htm[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_DKU_53zLc&eurl=http://www.eodmod.com/website2007/bf2/downloads.htm[/media]

Lucky Shot

Re: Eve of Destruction on 1-9 at 8pm

Important Readme file along with the mod around Shortcut Creation.

READ ME!

This mod is for Battlefield 2.

There are two ways to set up a desktop icon to launch this mod..

Version one... Take the desktop icon that is with the .exe and place it upon your desktop. You will need to check and or change the pathway of the icon so that it points to your Battlefield 2 game installation. If you have Battlefield 2 installed in the default location.. ie.. on the "C" drive. You need to do nothing more. If your Battlefield 2 installation is on another drive within your computer. Then you will need to edit the path.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/EoD_v1.1

The above path is the default path for EoD. Change the "C" at the beginning of the path to your default Battlefield installation.

To edit the path, right click upon the icon with your mouse. Goto Properties (at the bottom of the window that pops up) and click upon that. Another window opens up and you will see a path line labeled "Target". This is the path that needs to be edited.

Version two.... Open the icon that is currently on your desktop and copy the above pathway into the target line. Click apply and then okay. You should then be able to launch EoD from your desktop. Be sure that the icon pathway points to you default BF2 installation drive.

To edit this. Just change the default drive letter "C" to the letter that corresponds to the location or drive letter of your Battlefield 2 installation.

If you have any problems with the creation of the desktop icon.. Contact us at the eod mod forums.

www.eodmod.com

Thanks!!!

Comment

Have it downloaded.. 8 pm what time zone??

Comment

Eastern.

Comment

Are there people playing this now? When I took it up maybe 4-5 months ago after it went public there were only a handful of servers, and 50% of the time they were all empty, and the other time noone had VOIP and were lonewolfing it all :/ It sounded like a good mod, too.

On the same note, Battlegroup: Frontlines (by the same people who made PR, it's a ww2 mod but more like 1942 as far as i can tell) has released last month, and there's ONLY one server, capped at 24 players, and NOONE is ever on it.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

We have played BGF before. It is by far the worst mod in existence. That would explain why no one playes it ;)
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Hehe, whats so bad about it? I mean, it IS rather bf1942 vanilla type, but i like the way the antitank guns are VERY slow and require using keys as movement switches instead of using the mouse, like in ROOST and like i think PR should do with tank turrets. Some tank turrets have a lot of "weightyness" to them too.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I downloaded the USI mod.. US Intervention.. looked cool. also by BSS, only one server, and its empty..

Its "BETA" ?? I get to the loading screen and when I go to Join.. I crash to desktop.. ??
                Id like to check it out.. do I need some Beta Patch for BF2??
                Last edited by llPANCHOll; 01-07-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Bump! Its Tonight!

Comment

Due to technical difficulties, this weeks event will be postponed until next week. So join us next week for EOD and we apoligize for those who are disappointed.

Lucky Shot

Comment

no problem

Comment

What day next week are you going to have this on? Wednesday? The reason I ask, is that I happen to have the next version of the mod build just about ready that I could really use a good test upon. Mostly, the new maps and some of the new equipment.

I just am not sure I can have it ready by next week due to my real life work schedule. Oh, and by the way, I am TrahnLee from EoD, but when I play on the TG servers, I use this nic or just Gunnie.

In anycase, if you guys are having "mod nights" on a regular basis. Perhaps, if I can find enough bandwidth for hosting some downloads. I'll load up an advance copy of the next mod build version (EoD v2.0) for play and testing. I really need the feedback and do not have a dedicated tester group anymore. Alot of stuff has changed and so much has been added that v2.0 hardly resembles v1.1 of the mod. Mostly, with all the new equipment and new models. There is also several new maps within the mod build as well.

If I don't get it done this coming week, it will certainly be ready by the following week. Perhaps, we can get a "Pre-release" TG party one night with the mod. Keep me posted and I will keep you guys posted as well.

Thanks!

TrahnLee
                        aka Gunnie
                        Eve of Destruction Mod Team.

Comment

I liked Eve of Destruction.....I would like to see a better one done from BFVietnam though...
                          sigpic

Comment

I played EOD2 for a while, at least until it faded from consciousness. I wiped my computer clean a while back and since nobody was playing I didn't download it until last night. I am ready to play. I would even download the next version. Keep us advised.

Comment

Hey Gunnie, I will follow up with you via PM. The 5th has been hosting various mods on the private server on Wednesday Nights at 8pm eastern.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X