5 minute delay timer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 minute delay timer?

What were your thoughts on the five minute delay spawn timer during Password night the other day? Did you you like it?

If not, please say why. If so, please say why.

Dirt
    Yes...you rock Dirtboy!
    72.41%
    No...you still Rock!
    27.59%
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: 5 minute delay timer?

I was pleasantly surprised by the timer. It gives everyone a chance to load the map and plan..what a concept...! I hope this becomes a standard here, however maybe it could be reduced to four minutes as the last minute was spent on discussing how many unnatural ways there were to kill you or messing with Skud!
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Im all for it. 5 minutes gave enough time to hit the restroom, or grab a beer. I've rushed between many a round in the past and it was nice to have the extra time. Thnx Dirtboy.

|

Comment

voted, It's a good idea, and i hope it stays...it really gives both sides the chance to get organzied, and maybe have a a short term strategy put into place....plus it will weed out those who don't join a squad before the round begins.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Only problem with the 5 minute timer is that some of the temporary start spawn points (eg Processing Facility on Qwai River) disappeart at about the 5 minute mark, so that you can ONLY spawn at the main.

I can't remember what other temporary spawns there are but I noticed this happened on a couple of other maps where we were expecting to spawn and the spawn just disappeared.

Otherwise the longer timer is good, maybe limited to 3 or 4 minutes so the spawns don't disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
            Only problem with the 5 minute timer is that some of the temporary start spawn points (eg Processing Facility on Qwai River) disappeart at about the 5 minute mark, so that you can ONLY spawn at the main.

I can't remember what other temporary spawns there are but I noticed this happened on a couple of other maps where we were expecting to spawn and the spawn just disappeared.

Otherwise the longer timer is good, maybe limited to 3 or 4 minutes so the spawns don't disappear?
            That explained that dissappearing spawn point I saw yesterday. Thnx Nero.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post

Ah yes...I remember this happening on Mestia. I will have to change the python file to allow the Temp spawns hang around a little while longer.

Thanks for the advise Nero...I nearly forgot!
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I think 5 minutes is a bit much......3 or 2 is just fine. But I can cope with whatever.....

|
                |

Comment

The breaktime is great, could maybe be 4 minutes. You rock Dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
                    Im all for it. 5 minutes gave enough time to hit the restroom, or grab a beer. I've rushed between many a round in the past and it was nice to have the extra time. Thnx Dirtboy.
                    Now it gives you more time to wash yer mits before touching the keyboard now... :icon26:
                    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Nice surprise, and yes, I liked it. It really gives a chance to get everything covered before the round starts and also a chance to get up and stretch after a long round. Once the temp spawn issue is fixed, it will be perfect!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I liked the little bit more time, but not the hole 5 mins. more. We had time to get a full squad, all planed out and ready to go, and then sat for another 3 mins. I could see where people are enjoying the beer bathroom break though.
                        I vote more like 3.5 to 4 mins.
                        And yeah, please fix the spawn timers.
                        And I think something needs to be done about the Hymong Hills or whatever map. It has been sad the 3 times I played it in the past 2 days. The US (or is it UK now) gets their asses handed to them everyround, with the losers just saying we give up halfway through the round it is going so bad.
                        Even Fuzz I think was typing in chat "we surrender"

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yea, I liked the long timer. Whenever my game crashed while a map was loading it gave me more time to start up the game and get back in again.

Kashan needs to have it's tempoary spawns at the outposts to stay longer as well.

I have a feeling the only way US could win Hills of Hamyong is to have the entire US rush the radio dug out right at the start of the round before the PLA get bunkers set up at the front flags.

Comment

nice to be able to smoke a cig every 2 hrs..

Comment

I will vote for no because I presume a CO cannot be elected before the round starts?

If theres no CO then the extra time to organise squads is not needed

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X