Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints for stopping CO glich

From what I have been reading

1. Command Post must be place in the open and in a way that it is able to spawn CO trucks. (ie. No placed inside buildings, with nothing covering it from the top)

2. Bunker must be placed second

3. Bunkers / Firebases must also be built with nothing covering tem so that they can spawn trucks.

If you do these things the CO bug may be solved. I understand that this is not a actual fix but it may help us untill they patch the game.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: Hints for stopping CO glich

Those may all be very plausible, i've found that if:

-2 people try and put up things at the same time = not a good idea
    -if you ask commander for a build order, but he does it himself leaving yours still open.
    - if you place a bunker/sandbag but it doesn't show up, then quickly try and do it again.

Comment

yes good thread! we are working on the patch, its almost ready but needs alot more testing. if your interested to see it functioning, its currently working on the public (non password) test server - PR Official Test

- dont try to place bunkers/firebases in underground locations (anything with a ceiling overhead) as well dont try to place them too close to buildings. this will hang the code and break it for the rest of the round.

- if you have given a build order, let the squad leader build it. dont try to place stuff at the same time as the squad leader.

Comment

What does it mean to "hang the code"?

Comment

"You’re pirates. Hang the Code! And hang the rules! They're more like guidelines, anyway."

Sorry, had to do it, lol...

Comment

The silver bullet, in my experience, is to NEVER place anything ANYWHERE it might not deploy.
            IE: Too close to buildings, inside buildings, underground ETC. Place bunkers on OPEN ground with plenty of space. Do not get over ambitious with Razor Wire and Sandbags.Best idea is to not deploy them at all.

Deploy bunkers in good spots at every flag quickly at roundstart. The commander bug ruins the map in 0.7. I just quit when I see it. Other than this...I love 0.7.
            Last edited by Catraphact; 01-09-2008, 12:43 AM.

Comment

thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Catraphact View Post
                The silver bullet, in my experience, is to NEVER place anything ANYWHERE it might not deploy.
                IE: Too close to buildings, inside buildings, underground ETC. Place bunkers on OPEN ground with plenty of space. Do not get over ambitious with Razor Wire and Sandbags.Best idea is to not deploy them at all.

Deploy bunkers in good spots at every flag quickly at roundstart. The commander bug ruins the map in 0.7. I just quit when I see it. Other than this...I love 0.7.
                I've had one or more complete rounds of building stuff as a co and as a SL in which I used lots of barbed wire and sandbags, sometimes having it fail to deploy, without the bug appearing. I would tend to rule out that bad placement can cause the problem. I have to say that I never deploy stuff in buildings though so I cannot rule out that buildings cause it. I can rule out trees though.

I feel more for the idea of building a bunker before you build a firebase.

In previous versions, there were bugs liek this when specific conditions for building something were not met. It seems likely that the bug has a similar cause.

Perhaps it would be good that instead of trying to avoid the bug, people seek to find it by experimenting with the game as much as possible. This could help in pinpointing the exact cause, If -fuzz? that hasn't been found already by the devs.

Comment

- dont try to place bunkers/firebases in underground locations (anything with a ceiling overhead) as well dont try to place them too close to buildings. this will hang the code and break it for the rest of the round.
                  Will placing bunkers on top of multi-story buildings cause the same problem?

Round: Fools Road. Tuesday, January 8th. 8:30-11:30 PM CST.

AFSoccer was commanding. We put up a bunker on top of the large, three story building at the NE Flag (forget what it's called exactly). A while later we noticed a bunch of trucks "embedded" in the ground floor of the same building. I thought it was a glitch, but didn't recognize that these were the trucks spawned from the bunker above. Makes sense now.

The CO builds were definitely glitched for the last part of the round.

Snarlin

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post

AFSoccer was commanding. We put up a bunker on top of the large, three story building at the NE Flag (forget what it's called exactly).
                    Helicopter Airbase I think.

Originally posted by oldirti
                    What does it mean to "hang the code"?
                    I think it 'freezes' the code, the game thinks you are in the process of putting a bunker down but you already have, it gets confused and dies. Sort of. Any clarification would be nice.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I know this is going to sound stupid of me bt I had overheard one night that the CO bug isn't a bug. That the supply trucks that are in an area has to have the supplies still in the truck in order to build. If someone had already dropped the supply box out on the ground then the CO would not be able build anything cause no spplies are actually there.
                      Anybody test this theory or any truth to it? I mean when i heard it, it does make sense. Can't build anything if nothing is there to build with.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                        I know this is going to sound stupid of me bt I had overheard one night that the CO bug isn't a bug. That the supply trucks that are in an area has to have the supplies still in the truck in order to build. If someone had already dropped the supply box out on the ground then the CO would not be able build anything cause no spplies are actually there.
                        Anybody test this theory or any truth to it? I mean when i heard it, it does make sense. Can't build anything if nothing is there to build with.
                        I don't think the code checks for supplies in the truck, but just the truck itself. I have tried bringing up new trucks when it wouldn't let me build anything... but without success.

Good thread... I too pay attention now where I build my stuff. It does seem to work when you leave enough place for the cars to spawn in... just don't forget to tell the SL 's :).
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
                          Will placing bunkers on top of multi-story buildings cause the same problem?

AFSoccer was commanding. We put up a bunker on top of the large, three story building at the NE Flag (forget what it's called exactly). A while later we noticed a bunch of trucks "embedded" in the ground floor of the same building. I thought it was a glitch, but didn't recognize that these were the trucks spawned from the bunker above. Makes sense now.

The CO builds were definitely glitched for the last part of the round.

Snarlin
                          I know that olDirty was able to place a bunker in the Estate building (I forget the name of the map). It caused no problems and did follow all of the above mentioned guide lines. It was funny to see a bunch of vodniks spawn on top of the roof though.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Qwai river, yup i was surprised it worked too, ugh that round was so annoying, couldn't keep a consistent squad for more that like 5 minutes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X