No announcement yet.

More Infantry Maps on Server Rotation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Infantry Maps on Server Rotation?

Hi guys, I'm a TG server play to the bone and always have good play here, WELL done...you keep the PR community alive for sure.

With the 0.7 changes it seems like we aren't getting much of the really epic infantry battles anymore. The big maps are great fun and I love the new vehicles/improvements. The big maps definitely play different than the smaller ones, which is a good thing but lately they can be long and tiring time and time again.

I propose we mix up the rotation to include of the 16plr versions of maps. I've only played the 16player EJOD and it was AWESOME to say the least. Sure it doesn't play perfectly as do any of the maps but it is constant infantry action full on intensity and suspense. Great for some good squad play that seems to come more naturally. I bet some of the other 16plyr versions are great to, market garden?

I think this would be a welcomed change and throw in some diversity to the gameplay.

Thank you!

Re: More Infantry Maps on Server Rotation?

Biming is a good infantary map now, road to kynoning, daqing and zatar i think is also infantary. Fools road to me seems like one massive infantary map too

I like smaller maps too but 16p is too small for 64 players. 16p ejod is only there for crashes and the 64p is good because it needs infantry to win it

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

How many of the 16plr versions have you played with 64 players? EJOD was insanely fun...also the learning curve is smaller and there are more full inf squads due to the lack of armor etc.

Comment

Its spammy, I dont mind it but I dont expect them to implement many more 16p. Maybe it could be tried out on password night, jabal 16p? I havent played that since 0.1

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I sort of like small maps but only a few of them. I never liked Bi Ming AT ALL. Ejod i think is best for 32/16 players. BTW great round of Ejod 64 last night around 7:30 EST or 5:30 CST. Probably the best round i ever had.
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I love EJOD Desert, After last nights battle that started around 530ish or so....I can't get enough....it was the most fun i think i have had yet, it was a great 64 player battle with intense city fighting.....

I still get lost in Bi-Ming every round...if it wasn't for bsr bamboo last time i played, i would have been walking around in the forest the whole time with night vision, and i was the SL.

but somehow during the course of it all i figured out how to use the SL functions of buiding etc...don't ask me how, but i did.

I hope that muttrah city is released soon, i know there will be some really good street fighting in that map.....i can't wait!!

If only ejod was a few more city blocks........
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I think we should at least try out these 3 maps.

Kashan 16 - Infantry only, fighting over the massive bunker complex.
              Quiling 32 - There are some APC's but no tanks or aircraft.
              Fools Road 16 - Infantry only, British have Warehouse, Militia have the Heli base with Estate in the center.

Comment

Street! Street! Gimme more Street! Best infantry map ever. Can we change the first map after a crash from Ejod 16 to Street 16? Please....?
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Maps like Street, Operation Phoenix, etc. are not supported in .7 - they cannot be put into the rotation.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

there was one PW night where kashan 16 and mestia 16 were used.....it wasn't the best.....kashan at least was the fight for a middle flag....but....it was when if you set up commadner assets you lost tickets.....

but a lot of the times with 16 player maps the more people who are on it the quicker it goes, i.e. ejod 16.

Kashan 32 is in the rotation, though i have to say i enjoy kashan 64 a bit more, there are 2 blackhawks instead of one.

i say bring on muttrah city!!!!!!
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this one. I think we have PLENTY of infantry maps myself...(thats just my opinion.) The 16 player maps kinda suck to me because there is no room to flank so it just seems like an hour of charging headstrong into a hail of bullets and TONS of grenades.
                      Murderous

Comment

Nade Spam!!!

haha lol it wont let me do all caps. rofl TG guys.
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I have to agree with Murderous. The 16 player maps are too small for a full server and the whole spawn, rush, die, repeat thing gets very old to me. I don't really see where those maps play into squad tactics since they are too small to maneuver without running into at least one other squad of friendlies or enemies and one grenade can take out half your squad. Not to mention that it's one huge grenade-fest. PR is based on modern combat and the WWI and WWII days of rushing a position like Lemmings until you have enough soldiers to overwhelm it are thankfully over. I'd prefer not to repeat them.

As for infantry only maps, I do not like them. Even though I rarely play anything other than a infantry engineer, I like the support the vehicles provide and they are one of the main reason the Battlefield series is so popular. Let's face it, infantry against infantry combat without vehicles rarely happens in this day and age. There is almost always some sort of supporting tactical vehicle even if it is only something along the lines of a HMMWV. Combat in the field moves too fast for infantry to keep up and even in house to house fighting, vehicles can be useful. Personally I'd like to see more light armor and APCs like a AAV7A1, a Alvis Striker ATGW, or some nice BMPs in PR.

Comment

I think Qwai 16 should be first (for crashes) followed by Ejod 64 (one of the best teamwork maps) then maybe Fool's road, then the rest is up to the admins.

Dunno why but it seems like those maps would make most people happy, cept the fly boys.

Comment

I would like to see the newer maps given priority in the rotation :)

Haikus are easy.
                              But sometimes they don't make sense.
                              Refrigerator.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse