Trip Flare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Flare?

I just read throught the .7 manual few minuts ago and I was wonderin what the h*** is a "Trip Flare" and how do you use it?

Aparently it comes with some of the sniper kits.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Trip Flare?

Trip flare is basically a "Mine" that trips and Makes pretty lights/noises to let a sniper know somebody tripped the flare and is nearby, sniper then has time to move and hide

Comment

Really, well i havent seen it yet probably because I havent gotten a sniper yet either. Does it make a awesome noise or just like a beep.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

The noise it makes is a hiss, it looks similar to a flare and has smoke coming out of it. I've seen them in action twice. If the sniper has them set up to cover his six while he is sniping they won't do any good.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

My experience is that when you plant the tripflare some kind of string appears the direction you plant it. I could walk freely around the flare as I didn't touch the string, but when I did touch the string the flare activated and smoke started appearing.
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

its also a good little contraption on Bi Ming, especially if you are setting up an ambush on a bridge with a full squad, or something like that....
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Trip flares saved my life twice last night on Fool's Road. I'd have to say they were pretty useful.

Comment

One thing we use trip flares for in RL is on concealed choke points. We place the trip flare and have it covered by a machine gun. Once it is tripped you open up and let them have it. Would be good to use on that night map (don't know the name).

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

I would laugh really hard if it said You better run B**** he gon kill you! like off of scary movie. That would make my day.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

When the new version first came out, I would grab a sniper kit, place the trip flare in a high traffic area, wait for some newer player to run down the road while I waited in the bush, he would undoubtedly trip the device, then pause, starring at it, wondering what in the world it was, while I lined up the crosshairs on his forehead.
                    Less effective now that the game has been out awhile, but still good fun.

Comment

Sam Hoy, I got a good laugh at that one. That had happened to me before, probably you that did it. LOL Believe it was the first night I played PR at that.

Comment

Its good but needs to fire up a bigger flare and/or last longer. Something that will be seen half a mile away is more like it plus give it to spec op and officers

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X