Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where have all the INF squads gone? (on Kashan, Qingling, and a few others)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where have all the INF squads gone? (on Kashan, Qingling, and a few others)

I know everyone is so excited about, the new kits and all...but what gives with all these speciality squads? why can't a CAS squad also help out taking flags.....you got guns, you can mark a target and still help out....the only reason i am griping about this is, with the release of .7 and the new influx of kits and vehicles....it seems on armor and air maps...there are less and less infantry squads.

If you have armor.....at least maybe make it a 4 person squad so someone can get the AA gun, and save your ass from choppers......

I've seen it on kashan recently and QingLing (sp?)

Remember guys, this is all about teamwork...i know and understand the importance of tanks and choppers, but when it takes ten minutes for a squad to get organized with a 5 min countdown, it defeats the purpose (just a rant, from last night on kashan, went to cap the village flag as a USMC SL and right as we got there we were shelled and killed, from....an enemy tank while ours was actually right near it, and then it fired on us, and we still had tanks in the main).

Also tankers zoom in and check fire....if u see a bunch of guys running into a bunker with m16s, theres a 99.9 percent chance its a usmc squad......don't open fire.

(I know on qingling i shot 2 of our guys while in a tank, but the grass is what confused the hell out of me, and that there were also enemy soldiers in the AO)

SL's can spot just as good as spec ops guys....

I just have seen so many specialized squads...

another example, and this will be my last one, there was a squad last night on the USMC side call we fix, it had 6 people...and the SL spawned as engineer......this got me.....right there, thats one less RP, in case they all died going to fix one tank.

then i think before i left, the SL was spotting tanks......but none of the other squad members were coming to give support at south or north bunker......

Enough of me ranting/complaining.

Good Job commanding last night Deadlie, i know you had to put up with a lot of stuff

I can't wait to get in some good games tonight.....I am hoping i can leave work early and get on EJOD desert, before it goes to qwai, qingling, daiqing, fools road and kashan.

But never the less I am enjoying playing on the USMC side as an SL, and being an SL much more, its tons of fun and i am learning some new strategy/tactical points each and every map.

Thanks to all!!!
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: where have all the INF squads gone? (on Kashan, Qingling, and a few others)

When I am in, give me an invite...I ground pound all day all night.
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

I prefer infantry play, hiding behind all that metall, cowards!

Comment

Yeah, I'm always on foot too. Feel free to throw an invite to me any time if you need some support.

Comment

I have noticed this although it only takes one squad leader to get the ball rolling.

Randy I have seen you in more "special" squads than many others. Its seeming like the pot calling the ketel back.
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Give me my boots any day!! Someone's gotta get dirty, might as well be me and my crew!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Most the problems seem to occur when more than 2 people are in a specialized squad. Like a 6 man pilot squad on qwai :( Chinese have an advantage, because they have less people in a pilot squad.
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                I have noticed this although it only takes one squad leader to get the ball rolling.

Randy I have seen you in more "special" squads than many others. Its seeming like the pot calling the ketel back.
                I have played in an armor squad, i am not saying i haven't, i have just really noticed on Kashan and Qingling......but what i have seen and have noticed, and thus why i have been playing infantry as a SL more, is that there are lots of Specialty squads...and sometimes even with all the speciality squads, there is a need for grunt/infantry squads to take the flags and defend them.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I would vastly prefer Infantry fights to any vehicle fight. I have been asking for an Infantry only night (Sunday preferred!) for months on TG's PR server....

Realistically though, infantry, armor and air co-exist to make the combined arms fight.

The problem with online gaming is that being killed is not permanent, so the armor and vehicle rush to the front is going to persist. In real life, there is a saying that "Infantry in the Queen of Battle". That is true because any real staying power on the battlefield is in the hands of the soldier, not the tank or helo.

In BF2 and I hate to say in some of PR, the helo and tank and AFV have still too much power to make it really PROJECT REALITY. That is because of the players, not the developers. The developers make the vehicles real. The players just use them too much and in non-realistic modes.

I would suggest that infantry is still the queen of battle - only if we make her so.

Patience, teamwork and real use of tactics will make that a reality.

Keep true to infantry my friends, and I hope to see you on PR living and sticking to the agreement we all have in TG to do things realistically - that will bring back the infantry on PR!

Good topic - thanks for starting the thread.
                  sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the reason we have seen a Decrease in Players willing to play the role of the grunt, runs parallel with the recent unrest I've noticed regarding assets. Seems there has been alot of Posts regarding assets, and specialty squads since the release of v0.7.

Possibly people are putting down their rifles, and climbing into vehicles in hopes of finding a weapon that actually shoots straight. ;)

Comment

@Delta*RandyShugart*
                      Now you know why I am always in Disposible's and your squad when I can get in. A bit burned out on all the armor, but I get my highs off of playing eng. and knocking them out with a quick 1-2 from the C4 and Mine. (used to be, highs came from keeping my squad alive as medic, but not in 0.7 :( )
                      I think I got six down today on the desert Oil map, and spent almost the whole map running around on foot and crawling under blown up tanks for cover.
                      Watch out tanks, I'm after you............................

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Last night was the first night I played as an infantry AA. I had good fun with that kit, didn;t get many kills with it but of course that was not my goal. My goal was to keep the enemy helicopters from destroying our armor and killing the infantry that was trying to get on flags. The helicopters hover so high above people and just sit there, take out armor and infantry and never really have to worry about anything. Not many people will grab the mobile AA unless they have tank and APC support and no one hardly ever grabs the infantry AA. I did not actually shoot with the AA very much but my SL at the time was grateful I had grabbed it, it at least would scare off the helicopters till we got to cover.

For the most part I love ground pounding cause I am not that great at driving a vehicle and gunning one is hard when you have more than you and the driver in a squad trying to communicate. So many talking at once they don't understand nothing and the reason why I suspect so many vehicles get destroyed so fast. Armor squads IMO should consist of 3 people and no more, the gunner, driver, and an engineer(for tank he is the third gunner as well and always a look out and stays with the vehicle to make all repairs as fast as possible).

EDIT:
                        Had to add this as well, most of the people that do grab the mobile AA are not using it for it's purpose. They sit and watch for infantry more than helicopters or jets. I have no room to talk cause I have done this myself on occassions.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                          Give me my boots any day!! Someone's gotta get dirty, might as well be me and my crew!!
                          Agreed, I'd beat up my grandmother to get on Disposable's squad and stomp around. I don't mind doing the armor thing, but I feel much more comfortable on the ground, taking flags and real estate.

Comment

Where have they gone? I shot them all from my Cobra!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Love the INF, PR does it well too. I've been missing it for sure....seems like all I've seen for a while is QuinLing with the CO bug for 2 hours straight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X