Do you play all the way through maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play all the way through maps?

I have trouble imagining playing the same map for 4hrs. I'm curious if the average player makes it through start to finish?

Re: Do you play all the way through maps?

I usually only play PR if I know I can sit through the entire map, I just don't like leaving a squad halfway through, especially if I'm Squad Leading. I usually play through two or three maps in a "gaming" night, although the length of a round usually depends on which map it is.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I would have to say that I commit to a map once in it. Only when I have to leave for reasons outside the game (family, power outage, tornado) do I leave a game in progress. If in SL mode, NEVER!
      sigpic

Comment

I usually join in mid map and, by the time it is over..Ive got to take a break.. then catch the last hour of the next map.

I logged in at the very beginning of a map the other day.. the start timer was still going, and it was a 2 and a half hour map. It was a great session, but very long.. some Armor maps I wont even join.

Comment

To the bitter end (unless my wife pulls the plug of course). I usually SL, and I don't like abandoning my troops.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I usually commit myself once I start the map as well. It is in between the maps I sign off cause if I see the next map I am probably going to want to play it as well and once I start then it gets finished as well. I would like to see the time be adjusted on some maps though if possible. I am sure tothers would also. 2-2.5 hours for a map should be plenty.
            It usually would be the wife that would make me leave early or disconnected for a SM, ISP problems. Last night was an ISP problem.

Comment

I get a bit burned out on some of these 2-3 hour maps as well. Espically if I just spent the whole map 200 tickets down, and it feels so pointless.
              A lot of people complain about the small EJOD map, but i like it in the mix, just a hot fast firefight map with just guys on foot.
              Is there a way to throw maps with smaller ticket counts in with the maps we have now, or is ticket # set by the size of the map?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

>2 hours on a map is too much.- Honestly 1.5 hours is plaenty..... If you cant cap the other team out in an hour and a half, you ain't gonna.

|
                |

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                  I usually only play PR if I know I can sit through the entire map, I just don't like leaving a squad halfway through, especially if I'm Squad Leading. I usually play through two or three maps in a "gaming" night, although the length of a round usually depends on which map it is.
                  same here !

sometimes I have to bail, due to work :(

Comment

I think the time limit should be 2 or 3 hours, 4 is silly for just a public game. Nobody cares 4 hours much for a game

90 mins is my preference and 60 mins seems a decent game still. Less then that and one of the teams wasnt that great or its a short map

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

i'll play till my wireless decides when it's time to stop.lol but yea 4 hours is a way too much..i'm with the others on this....60 - 90 mins!!!!

2 hours tops is good

4 hours is just too time consuming and the GF gives me the look when i'm on long.:)

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                        To the bitter end (unless my wife pulls the plug of course). I usually SL, and I don't like abandoning my troops.
                        Last night on Fools road.."hey disposable you gonna stick around?....Yeah, this is just my first round. Ill be on here for a while,..whether my wife likes it or not."

Yeah unfortunately last night i was on the MEC side of Kashan. Our Pilots kept getting removed for SM, including me. Anyway, yeah it was a bad round. I got killed two times when i was flying by a tank. no it was 3 times! Bad round, also my first time flying an attack chopper in .7 and i felt so bad leaving murderus making only 3 people in the squad.
                        Sorry man.
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I prefer 1.5 to 2 hour games, playing the same map for 3 hours gets boring...

Last night on Fools Road I was commanding for the 3rd round in a row when I got sick of all the build bugs and ignorant people. After an hour I took a quick look at the tickets and it was something like 450-530... no way I was gonna sit that one out.

I hate leaving a squad when I 'm SL'ing... but I 'm not gonna give up my social life for it ;).
                          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I play until the wife pulls me away for some good reason! :D

SL or not, i then have to leave sadly.

Comment

I try... When it comes down to a few hour map on a squad without many VOIP users it's hard. I also, as most of you probably have noticed.. I get PO'ed easily, and will disconnect on a whim ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X