Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training

After the complete lack of teamwork demonstrated durring password night, it has come to my attention that training nights are a huge necessisity. I know weve been hinting at TGU for sometime now, but we need it and soon. I have regular squad members who are willing to both learn and instruct, all we need is a time and place. Please consider this greatly if you havn't already, regular training nights and sometime soon.

Thank you

Regards - The "Inf Only" squad

Replikant
    Evilowned
    Diesel0ne
    Blitzer66

Supporting Cast
    msdz
    Battle6
    Shrayev
    Rialstorm
    CKneisel
    Last edited by Blitzer66; 01-10-2008, 08:41 PM. Reason: proofreading

Re: Training

Originally posted by Blitzer66 View Post
    I know weve been hinting at TGU for sometime now, but we need it and soon.
    I've only recived 2 PMs from players of PRM in the past 6 months. I even posted in your general forums which didn't recive one single reply. We are hosting an all Platform Games Training sessions on the 20th. This is basic and only theory based. So it's soley being held on TS. But if I recive decent feedback from other games including PRM. We'll get classes up. But if no one responds to me, I can't waste resources and people's volunteered time.

Class sign up
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

i think you have the wrong server, Blitzer!!!!!
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I signed up for the all games course. If more PR guys would sign up for the class, it would show interest, and possibly lead to another course, one dedicated to PR.
        Maybee you guys could lead by example.

Comment

I have a very strong desire to get some PR specific courses going. I'm leading the Basic Infantry course on the 20th. Come sign up, harass me, have some fun! There's some good stuff in there!!
          Last edited by disposableHero; 01-11-2008, 09:18 AM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Oh there will be plenty of harassment... mwhahaha
            "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Yeah, ill sign up for the Inf i guess, i spend to much time in the air, gotta come down sometimes.;)

btw, where is the TGU area?
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Pr is so different from every other game that it would require its own division in TGU
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  Pr is so different from every other game that it would require its own division in TGU
                  The game is different, but the tactics can be universal. You can still have wedge formations, fire discipline, radio communication, etc etc etc..across all platforms. The only thing different between the games is the pixels.....
                  "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
                    The game is different, but the tactics can be universal. You can still have wedge formations, fire discipline, radio communication, etc etc etc..across all platforms. The only thing different between the games is the pixels.....
                    I honestly have to disagree on this point. True, most mil-sim FPS games are very similar but PR has some very different dynamics compared to most other games in the genre. The tools each kit has in hand as well as the bunker/firebase assets and vehicles make for a more complex arena of play than is found in most other games. I have to agree with the idea that some PR specific courses should be considered. A SL course would be invaluable due to the lack of competent SLs. Not that I have any room at all to talk since to completely suck at SL, but if we had a comprehensive course on SL duties and abilities as well as some general SOP for SLs, I know I would have a bit more confidence in taking on a SL role. I think a lot of would be SLs are intimidated by the responsibilities and the risk of failing miserably in front of their friends and teammates.

At any rate, if PR specific training courses become available, I will definitely be in line to sign up!

Comment

Crap, i cant make the course, im working that day.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                        I honestly have to disagree on this point. True, most mil-sim FPS games are very similar but PR has some very different dynamics compared to most other games in the genre. The tools each kit has in hand as well as the bunker/firebase assets and vehicles make for a more complex arena of play than is found in most other games. I have to agree with the idea that some PR specific courses should be considered. A SL course would be invaluable due to the lack of competent SLs. Not that I have any room at all to talk since to completely suck at SL, but if we had a comprehensive course on SL duties and abilities as well as some general SOP for SLs, I know I would have a bit more confidence in taking on a SL role. I think a lot of would be SLs are intimidated by the responsibilities and the risk of failing miserably in front of their friends and teammates.

At any rate, if PR specific training courses become available, I will definitely be in line to sign up!

Yes you are correct..however the basic infantry principles are what we are talking about..if you go back to the class title it reads "Basic". This class will form the primary skills needed to advance further and to gain a better foundation of knowledge of tactics. Hence the multi platform series. When you wipe away all of the "PR specifics" and get down the bare bones, what you have are the basic principles. Which is what the TGU class and cadre are trying to instill in us. The basic class has nothing to do with building bunkers or assets or advanced SL tecniques.

What we are sorely missing is the basic foundation to which we can build upon. So often I have heard the outcries of "SL's are incompetent" "this guy does this.."..etc etc etc. If more of us signed up for these classes we all might learn a thing or two, or maybe not but you are supporting the greater community. Instead of griping about issues get involved and try to change what you don't like. For instance, I cannot stand it when Dirt serenades us. What do I do to combat his awful signing? I turn down my mic....see a champion of change is born.

Back to the important aspect and my point of emphasis. While serving in the infantry, we were trained in tactics and we were taught how to change, adapt, and overcome our obstacles. This principle can be used in mil sim gaming. The basic principles of tactics do not change, no matter what game or platform you are gaming on. Think about it......
                        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Sorry, I should have edited down my quote of your post. I agree completely on the need for basic infantry tactics and maneuvers. I was talking more about the "only difference between the games is pixels" comment.

I think a lot of the players are indeed lacking in the basics and I believe that this contributes to the lack of hardcore infantry troops in the server. When things go very wrong a couple of matches in a row, it tends to make one want to try something a little less dependant on other players you aren't familiar with. This probably also contributes to the locked squads thing to a certain extent. I can't honestly say that I am willing to take the risk of depending on an "unknown" in a squad I am in 100% of the time. If more players had a little more knowledge on how experienced players operate and knew how to work with them instead of freelancing because they aren't sure of what is going on, then I think it would make for better players who have a lot more fun.

I know when I am in a squad that is squared away, I am more comfortable and I can anticipate the SL's orders to a certain extent since it's what I would do. I find it easier to move with experienced players that know how to bound an stack and cover each other as one entity as we travel. It's hard to find that type of synergy with other teammates sometimes but it's the best when it happens, win or lose. With some training, I think a lot more players can experience this. The problem is that too many players are "it's just a game" and training to them means something akin to school and therefore can't be fun or interesting.
                          Last edited by Elwenil; 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM. Reason: My horrible grammar and pathetic typing ability...

Comment

Why does the sign up have 3 people listed. Can I sign up as a single???
                            "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X