#8!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #8!

Congratulations Gentlemen, according to GameTracker, TG is officially the #8 ranked BF2 server! I do believe this is the highest we've ever been in the rankings. For those of you keeping score, that rank isnt out of just PR servers or just modded servers...it's out of ALL BF2 servers! Our competition in the rankings are guys like "24/7 Karkand INF ONLY FF OFF" and "24/7 Wake Island FF OFF". To be the sole respectable server in the top ten amongst servers that are entirely populated with smacktards and stupidity is definitely worth noting.

So I'd like to congratulate each and every one of you for helping to make TG what it is. We wouldnt have risen to this height without your help and I sure as hell look forward to seeing each and every one of you on the battlefield.

Congratulations guys!

Re: #8!

AWESOME!!

And lo, they shall rise out of the mist and become a shining beacon to the world.

TG PR server finally gets the ratings it deserves. The majority of critics rate games (and servers) based on which is the most fun to play on (defined as the most fun one can have with adequate knowledge on how to play the average FPS), not which one is the best. BF2 vanilla'ers wouldn't think PR is much fun because it's to hard, or not face paced and in the face enough. But we here at TG PR know fun and excitement on a level so much higher and more complex, that we may as well be FPS demigods!

Keep up the good work Y'ALL!
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Comment

Yee Haw!

Wait, no thats wrong.....Yarrrr!!
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I think we all know that TG is really #1, don't we?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

So when it becomes #1... do we get a second PR server?

With all the new SM 's, I wonder where the spare money is going... *pictures Dirtboy in a pool filled with hot chicks with a cocktail in one hand and a cuban cigar in the other*.

:D
          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post

With all the new SM 's, I wonder where the spare money is going... *pictures Dirtboy in a pool filled with hot chicks with a cocktail in one hand and a cuban cigar in the other*.

I'd go for an upgrade to the current server. Unless the reason it crashes is not hardware related.

Haikus are easy.
            But sometimes they don't make sense.
            Refrigerator.

Comment

On what basis do they rate the servers? Most different people played on the server? Most people on at any time?
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post

(all in good fun)
                Last edited by TeflonDon; 01-15-2008, 12:16 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
                  (all in good fun)
                  That's Dirtboy to the left and Ferris to the right! I'd recognize those goons anywhere! Let's get them *pulls out pitchfork and torch*

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                    That's Dirtboy to the left and Ferris to the right! I'd recognize those goons anywhere! Let's get them *pulls out pitchfork and torch*
                    You guys forget a key element here: if me and dirtboy have that kind of cash, we can just hire people with no morals to beat you all senseless with your own arms if you tried coming after us.

But on a more serious not about the money, TG is an expensive place to run. Apophis literally puts every dime of the SM money right back into the community. Theres no profit and nobody's pockets are getting fatter as a result of our contributions. That makes me wonder though, could TG technically be qualified as a charity (providing a haven for quality gamers everywhere)? Cause if so, thats at least 80 bucks a year each SM could write off on taxes!

Comment

501(c)3 baby!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yeah and important fact. Everyone pays for SM, even the admins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          Theres no profit and nobody's pockets are getting fatter as a result of our contributions.
                          As his pockets look like they have watermellons in em! ;)
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I know this is all in jest (that picture made me LOL), but don't get the wrong idea... there isn't a huge surplus. Even though we're getting a lot of new SM's from PR's success, we've also been loosing plenty too - many of the original vanilla BF2 crowd have moved on to other things in their lives. In fact, when FH2 came out, there was some pretty creative juggling (load balancing) to figure out a way to host it. (For a while there it didn't seem like we'd be able to afford it, but we were able upgrade an older server and keep the monthly cost about the same).

Anyway, don't feel like you're throwing pennies in a tip jar full of $5's and $10's... every little bit helps and is needed (and appreciated)!

Comment

DING! Now serving, number seven.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse