Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Map Rotation

Console -> maplist.list

This is the current map rotation according to console. You can see the current map being played in my signature and work out what the next is from there etc.

EJOD 16
    Qwai River
    Jabal Al Burj
    Operation Ghost Train
    Assault on Mestia
    Hills of Hamgyong
    Al Kufrah Oilfields
    Seven Gates
    EJOD 64
    Road to Kyongan'ni
    The Battle for Qinling 32
    BiMing
    Daqing Oilfields
    Fools Road
    Kashan 64
    Sunset City
    Zatar Wetlands

I am happy to keep this updated if admin notifies when the rotation changes.
    Last edited by thegreatnardini; 01-13-2008, 12:50 PM.

Re: Current Map Rotation

What! No Street? J/k, looks like a good rotation from here.

Comment

Please replace this with the 16 player version.
      It's a heated and intense firefight for 100 tickets.
      You will not disappointed.

The Battle for Qinling IMO sucks. 64 and 32 player versions are huge and too big for any sort of decent action. Even flanking takes forever. 16 player version is perfect. With 62 players on the server it would be all about fireteams and cross fire. It would be great. Think about it please.

Cheers.
      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I'd like a whole maplist of 16 player maps but then I quite like densely packed infantry maps.
        However thats not what they want for the mod probably, I think its more about combined forces and these very big maps.

The best compromise is the EJOD type map, a central focus for infantry with enough space for tanks, etc.

Kashan could be like that if they set the bleed point to engage when both bunkers are held, stressing their (and the grunts )importance and speeding up the dam map progress

Anyway Quin 32 seems ok, village is an interesting flag, Im not sure about mine though it obviously all looks good.

Quin 16 for the first map instead of ejod might be worth trying or oman 16, etc

For maplist in general I think the main priority is mixing up the bias of each map up. This is all about opinions but for example, the first two maps there I would not have in that order

EJOD 16 will be won by USMC because the G3 is harder to use, then the teams switch sides
        Now the losers are on the weaker team again, USMC will lose Qwai because helis are harder to use properly then tanks.
        Jabal to follow is fine

Just an opinion but team morale has an effect

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yea there are a few maps in a row that have one team switched on to the most advantaged side each round.

Hills of Hamgyong - PLA
          Al Kufrah Oilfields - British
          Seven Gates - PLA
          EJOD 64 - USMC
          Road to Kyongan'ni - PLA

I was playing on friday night and our team constantly got steam rolled in each of these maps and when that happens, people start team switching or leaving so it takes even longer to make a comeback.

Comment

Recommend removing Hills of Hamgyong....

Comment

i recommend adding kashan 32 because there are no others maps supporting attack chopper

Comment

Guys, I don't think this was "stickied" as a conversational topic. It's simply a reference so that everyone could see the current map rotation.

Please start a new thread if you want to add your opinion about maps and map rotation.

Thanks,

Comment

UPDATED 21 Jan 2008 (EST).
                  - Hills of Hamgyong removed from maplist.

EJOD 16
                  Qwai River
                  Jabal Al Burj
                  Operation Ghost Train
                  Assault on Mestia
                  Al Kufrah Oilfields
                  Seven Gates
                  EJOD 64
                  Road to Kyongan'ni
                  BiMing
                  Daqing Oilfields
                  Fools Road
                  Kashan 64
                  Sunset City
                  Zatar Wetlands

Comment

UPDATED 6th Feb (EST)

EJOD 16
                    Assault on Mestia
                    Zatar Wetlands
                    Fools Road
                    Al Kufrah Oilfields
                    Seven Gates
                    Kashan 64
                    Operation Ghost Train
                    Gulf of Oman
                    Sunset City
                    Jabal Al Burj
                    BiMing
                    EJOD 64
                    Qwai River
                    Kashan 16
                    Road to Kyongan'ni
                    Daqing Oilfields
                    Last edited by Nero; 02-06-2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

EJOD 16
                      Assault on Mestia
                      Fools Road
                      Kashan 64
                      Jabal Al Burj
                      Zatar Wetlands
                      Road to Kyongan'ni
                      Operation Ghost Train
                      Sunset City
                      Kashan 32
                      Al Kufrah Oilfields
                      The Battle for Qinling
                      Qwai River

Comment

EJOD 16
                        Assault on Mestia
                        EJOD64
                        Operation Ghost Train
                        Kashan 64
                        Sunset City
                        Gulf of Oman
                        Qwai River
                        Al Kufrah Oilfields
                        Road to Kyongan'ni
                        Zatar Wetlands
                        Seven Gates
                        The Battle for Qinling
                        Daqing Oilfields
                        Kashan 32
                        Last edited by Nero; 02-29-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

UPDATED 2nd March 2008

EJOD 16
                          Qwai River
                          Fools Road
                          Assault on Mestia
                          Jabal Al Burj
                          Operation Ghost Train
                          Kashan 64
                          Road to Kyongan'ni
                          The Battle for Qinling
                          Seven Gates
                          Sunset City
                          EJOD 64
                          Zatar Wetlands
                          Al Kufrah Oilfields

To see the map order in-game, open the console window (default key: tilde ~), type maplist.list and hit enter.

Comment

We've got a new maplist thanks to Kilroy0097! I made a few changes, such as leaving Kashan 32 out and putting Quinling in, but here's his great writeup that explains it:

Last night for about 6 hours after the password portion of the evening was over the number of players on the server fluctuated from 6 to 14. It wasn't till almost 5:30am CST that the server began to really fill up. It was full at 6am. For those of us that stuck around to help keep it populated the series of 6 maps we played were labored to say the least. Hence my suggestion on map list.

The Jump Start List:
                            01. EJOD 16 (A good map to start off with due to low population)
                            02. Kashan 32 (If the server isn't quite full by then Kashan usually brings them in)
                            03. Assault on Mestia 64 (Proven to be a decent map even if only half on population)
                            04. Operation Ghost Train 64 (Gives us a change of scenery)
                            05. Qwai River 64 (Great map and only excellent with at least 40 players)
                            06. Fools Road 64 (Always a good fight on both sides but better with more players)

A good top 6 list when it comes to server starts I feel. Great grouping of population charging maps.

The MEC Campaign
                            07. Kashan 16 or Gulf of Oman 16 (Just shoot em up and get ready for some long maps)
                            08. Zatar Wetlands 64 (Pretty good transition between valley to desert)
                            09. Jabal Al-Burj 64 (Again in the wetter middle eastern setting.
                            10. Al Kufrah Oilfield (Another tankers dream map getting ready for next big map)
                            11. Kashan 64 (Great map and deserves to be played twice this time with planes)

The MEC theater comes to a close and the next chapter starts.

The PLA Compaign
                            12. Sunset City 16 or Daqin Oilfields 16 (After a long map like Kashan it's nice to just slug it out as a break)
                            13. Road to Kyongan'Ni 64 (It's a nice straight forward map with simple strategy)
                            14. 7 Gates 64 (A complicated map and difficult though same feel as Kyongan'Ni)
                            15. Daqing Oilfields 64 (A very good map for smart mobile strategy)
                            16. Sunset City 64 (One of the most intense fire fight actions for the PLA/USMC)

The PLA theater comes to a close and then optionally we can throw in the wild card maps.

----------------------
                            WildCards:
                            These are the maps that should come at the end of the rotation. As they don't really fit in well with the feel of the other maps IMO. They are also optional because while they may be enjoyed by a few I just don't hear many good things about them.

Battle for Quiling 32 (This map has serious issues with lag and so flying is barley possible. with it's wide open spaces it takes good coordination and motivation to get through this map. Most don't make it and population at odd hours tends to go down.)

Hills of Hamgyong 16/64 (This map is a slug fest and is extremely one sided to the PLA if both teams are equally matched. Would it be possible to try out the 16 player AAS version of this map? What does it look like?

Al Basrah 64 (This is simply not a very good map to play. Either it's been unlucky in that everyone has to leave before this map or it's really that bad and everyone leaves "because" of this map.)

Bi Ming 64 (Such a great map geographically and yet so horrible because of the night sights. I believe this map would be much more enjoyable and popular if it were in the day. Next map pack they release will have this map during the day say the Devs.)
                            ----------------------

Last: Ejod Desert 64 (With the Tank/APC action and the heavy battle in the center this map tends to be a pretty good anchor map at the end of the rotation. Not the favorite by many as the 16 player version of this map demonstrates the heavy infantry fighting rather well. Too bad there isn't a 32 player version. From this map the start of the rotation fits right in show casing the most enjoyable portion of this map. The city fighting.)

Without Wildcards you get 17 total maps in the rotation with a smattering of 16 player maps (3), a 32 player map in the jump start section and the rest 64. You have Kashan done twice and EJOD done twice as well as Sunset City twice. Or you can substitute Gulf of Oman 16 instead of Kashan 16 and Daqing 16 instead of Sunset 16.

I think people will appreciate the theater feel in the 2nd and 3rd block. The first block you really can't do that because you want the server to be filled up quickly upon restart. Those maps will bring them in from what I have seen.

Ok so that's my opinion on the maplist. You told us if we had any suggests to send them to you. So here it is.

Cheers.
                            And here's the actual maplist:
                            Ejod 16
                            Mestia
                            Operation Ghost Train
                            Qwai
                            Fool's Road
                            Kashan 16
                            Zatar Wetlands
                            Jabal
                            Al Kufrah Oilfield
                            Kashan 64
                            Sunset City
                            Daqing Oilfields
                            Road to Kyongan-Ni
                            Seven Gates
                            Battle for Quinling

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

EJOD 16
                              Operation Ghost Train
                              Qwai River
                              Al Kufrah Oilfields
                              Road to Kyongan'ni
                              Kashan 64
                              Sunset City
                              Assault on Mestia
                              Jabal Al Burj
                              EJOD 64