Informal Infantry Training Date -- 1-14-08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informal Infantry Training Date -- 1-14-08

While I realize this is really short notice, but anyone who would be intrested in learning some basic infantry combat tactics, please be online and on team speak at 5 PM CST (6 EST). Nardini has been nice enough to make efforts to reserve a server for us to train on. This is not set in stone, but were fairly certain it will be soon. Nardini will bost when the server availability becomes more concrete. If you intend to be there please RSVP and hopefully we can make this a regular meeting until TGU gets running again.

Re: Informal Infantry Training Date

I've got the server reserved for you guys, I'll probably be on TS to monitor and change maps when needed. Password will be available on teamspeak, so if you want to attend just be in the private channel at 5 PM EST.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

There is already a basic infantry class offered by TGU.Here is the link for the sign-up.

Here is the thread for the TGU forums, please feel free to browse the forum every once in a while and try to get an idea as to what is going on in the TG community. A lot of people are working very hard to try to make some really cool things happen in our community; specifically, myself and several others are working on some PR .7 specific modules. Unfortunately, these things do take time to develop and get ready for others to use. If you do not have the patience, we could use some help. Please note that there is a thread in the TGU forums asking for volunteers.

Thank you.
      Last edited by disposableHero; 01-13-2008, 12:21 AM. Reason: touching up post

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

no no, this is just an informal thing. i saw that the server wasnt being used, and anyone of the regular members that would like to learn alil more about how to be a better squad member should come. TGU goes much more in depth.

Comment

I signed up to heros class but I'd come along to this if you get enough people to go ahead.
          I read someone suggesting that some players actually challenge the tactics suggested, by being on the enemy side. I think this is a good idea as your more likely to repeat something you've allready actively used at least once.

Would we be allowed to interject suggestions or questions?
          Even a basic infantry session is going to be hard to do right I reckon, mob tactics is usually what most people fall back on including myself just because the game is allready frustrating enough without coordination and communication on top of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principles_of_War

Simplicity
          Prepare clear, uncomplicated plans and clear, concise orders. The principle recognizes that complex plans and orders are more likely to be misunderstood or to fall-apart as soon as something goes wrong.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I usually end up doing informal training sessions throughout the day as we play the rounds :)

join in if you see me on there and ask me about it

Comment

I had a great round of Jabal after that session on qwai fuzz ;) I was using all the things you tought me... allthough I think there's more I can learn from ya. i'll just have hunt you down!
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

just be sure to spread the word. The more the merrier

Comment

Re: Informal Infantry Training Date -- 1-14-08

I've goteen about 12 people whove told me theyre intrested so far. So who knows whos attending that hasnt said anything !!!! Keep spreading the word gents....and ladies

Comment

I signed up for the TGU, and I cannot wait, i missed the previous one do to a snafu with my computer. what maps will be covered in this informal training session?

I reccomend EJOD, which is good in overall infantry tactics i.e. sweeping out a room (the BF2 CQB mod works well for this to) and setting up a defensive perimeter.

as of now put me on reserve, i am sick and will most likely be working late.
                    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 01-14-2008, 08:00 PM.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

map list is prolly gonna consist mainly of urban stuffs. its generally the most involved

Comment

password again, ONLY available in teamspeak. if you are registered with the TG forums, use that information to log into team speak

Comment

Thank you to everyone who attended, it didnt boast as many people as I would have liked, but the people who were there learned a great deal. Getting 11 people on super short notice (3 days) is about what I was expecting, hopefully we get more next time! If you guys want to make this a regular session outside of TGU please let me know through PM in the forum. I will contact the Tagtical Gamer admins and see what I can do.

Comment

I had fun Blitzer, nice work.

Comment

Was cool, thanks

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X