HALO?(not the game)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALO?(not the game)

I caught a show on the military channel about HALO school and I thought to myself wouldn't it be pretty awesome to have paratrooper capabilities in this game?Many of these maps are enormous enough to support it.Hell,it can even be a kit.They could go static line or full free fall
    ,yes,no,maybe?

Re: HALO?(not the game)

Well, to my knowledge conventional paratroopers don't use HALO techniques, only special forces do. That said, I think a paratrooper kit would be an excellent addition to the game, but you would need a map and an aircraft suitable to deploying them.
    | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
    Charge for the guns' he said:
    Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Now THAT would be cool. I don't play bf2 anymore but the fun that could be had freefalling could be awesome.
      <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Comment

That could be pretty cool, especially on maps like Al Burj (one team attacks, other team defends)
        Could be pretty annoying getting constantly raped by snipers shooting you as you float down though.

Anyone says 'fastrope' you will be in big trouble! ;)
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Sounds cool, just imagine on Kashan!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo2-22 View Post
            I caught a show on the military channel about HALO school and I thought to myself wouldn't it be pretty awesome to have paratrooper capabilities in this game?Many of these maps are enormous enough to support it.Hell,it can even be a kit.They could go static line or full free fall
            ,yes,no,maybe?
            If it ever could happen, dont let that first blast of wind upon exit get ya Gonzo :icon12:

|

Comment

It would be terribly inefficient. Even if you made it into the air alive, and then onto the ground alive...what about an RP?

Just too many problems with HALO jumping, plus, the Marines dont HALO jump.
              Skud

Comment

remember the old maps, there were two of them, I think it was v0.5 where the one of the spawnpoints was free-falling from a what I presumed was a plane. Maybee that was vanilla, because all the kits had chutes.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                  remember the old maps, there were two of them, I think it was v0.5 where the one of the spawnpoints was free-falling from a what I presumed was a plane. Maybee that was vanilla, because all the kits had chutes.
                  It was in 0.5, the map was called airfield/airbase. I think it was before they removed parachutes for all kits except pilot.
                  there were two maps in vanilla (Special forces expansion pack) that also had paradrops on spawn, and SAS v Insurgent night map at an airbase, and an SAS v Insurgent map in a city.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I've posted about this severam times on the pr forum. They should bring back the parachute in a limited kit variant. Say there are a max of 6 parachute kits available for requesting on the main only. Just enough to equip a full squad!

The parachutes and freefalling are one of the things BF2 does so well, that it is a pity it has been removed. Imagine full squad parachuting in on Kashan to take a next flag! This woul give back some mobility the infantry has lost with the SL spawn gone.

The devs could then choose whether to give the officer a chute, allowing them to decide if para-dropped troops should be able to set RP's or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      It would be terribly inefficient. Even if you made it into the air alive, and then onto the ground alive...what about an RP?

Just too many problems with HALO jumping, plus, the Marines dont HALO jump.
                      Skud,Skud,Skud...I agree to some point with you. I agree that the marines dont HALO but in PR i have done it with a pilot kit and landed successfully and killed a few guys to boot. If you had a rifle and you landed behind a squad, you could cut them all down. But the Devs keep saying NONONO to the parachute so dont anyone expect it.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Well I actually meant having the option for special forces kits being able to HALO,and having regular infantry static line. Having been army infantry and not a marine I really can't say if they indeed HALO.I have to say though I recall on that show that some of the instructors were marine recon as well as some of the students.Maybe its a good sign that some army paratrooper units should make it into the game?

Comment

Nice Idea, haveing Spec ops with paracute but make it map specific like the grappling hook.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

HALO?, gumball is the master of it! Did it a couple of times on Jabal as a last ditch insertion effort, and it worked. Still waiting to see the video of that red cloud maneuver.
                            sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Fastrope. Fastrope fastrope fastrope.

Eat it, Project REALITY.
                              playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
                              I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X