Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please bring back Qinling 64

Hi,

I am sad that Quinling 64 was removed from rotation. :( I have a 3 year year old system with a decent graphics card, an X1950 Pro 512 MB AGP bus version. I do get some lag/warping on the 64 map at times, especially at Village and when the Merlin is in use. But it' tolerable. I would like to see the 64 map come back into rotation as it much better imo. It's one of the very few maps that has everything, Jets, Attack Choppers, Transport Choppers, Tanks, Motorbikes, in addition to APC's, ect. It's really a much more exciting version of the map compared to the 32 sized one.

Cheers

Re: Please bring back Qinling 64

disagree... i dont care for the gameplay of qinling 64 at all...

however i LOVED the qinling 32 gameplay style, very well paced and amazing mechanized infantry combined arms combat!
    just my opinion...

Comment

32 over 64 for me.

|

Comment

32>64.

Flyboys go home.
        Skud

Comment

I suppose you guys are Kashan 64 haters too then.

Btw, I haven't even piloted an Attack Chopper or Jet in PR... yet. As such, I would like to know what you guys have against pilots? I am usually a Tanker or INF. On Qinling 64 and Kashan 64 I only get killed by a Pilot on occasion. I have never been constantly raped or dominated by a 'flyboy' like in vBF2, so I find your comment perplexing SkudDestroyer. At the very least, this map could use some tanks imo.

I feel having battles with Attack Choppers, Jets, Mobile AA adds quite a bit more excitement. Whats' the deal here? Should we all just start playing on a Jalalabad INF Only server?

Come on guys, I'm not asking to have have the 32 player Qinling removed, just asking to please put(bring back) the 64 player version back on the rotation. I know I'm not alone. There were several people yesterday on the server that were disappointed the 64 player version has been removed. Again, it's one of the few maps that has everything on it.

Comment

Can we just remove the map completely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
              however i LOVED the qinling 32 gameplay style, very well paced and amazing mechanized infantry combined arms combat!
              just my opinion...
              I very much agree fuzz, it is good environment for organizing seperate infantry squads and seperate APC squads and co-ordinating them together.

However as many of you might have heard, i dislike a large number of others maps, including seven gates, Hills of Hamyong, sunset city, l Kufrah Oilfield (in its present incarnation with MTBs), Bi Ming (limited open ground, small map size, + very poor vision in jungle environment = quality tactics out window..almost).
              Therefore i would be very happy to see BOTH Qinling 32 and Qinling 64, each providing a substantially different experience (due too 32 containing only APCs/IFVs and 64 including all the ground and air fighting machines of the modern total-warfare rainbow), therefore enjoyable in different ways. But crucially a more enjoyable experience than all the maps i listed above.

Another opinion how interes.........*snooors*

jkes, each to his own.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by OneTinSoldier View Post
                I suppose you guys are Kashan 64 haters too then.

Btw, I haven't even piloted an Attack Chopper or Jet in PR... yet. As such, I would like to know what you guys have against pilots? I am usually a Tanker or INF. On Qinling 64 and Kashan 64 I only get killed by a Pilot on occasion. I have never been constantly raped or dominated by a 'flyboy' like in vBF2, so I find your comment perplexing SkudDestroyer. At the very least, this map could use some tanks imo.

I feel having battles with Attack Choppers, Jets, Mobile AA adds quite a bit more excitement. Whats' the deal here? Should we all just start playing Jalalabad INF Only?
                No, we offer Kashan 64 on PW nights. I suppose we can do the same with Qinling 64.

Many of us do indeed enjoy it. I rarely die from air assets. I have nothing against Jets and Choppers. I love flying transports. I like gunning and flying Apaches.

Jets and choppers are creating subgroups in our community. There are now players who do nothing but fly if they can. While I firmly believe you should do what you're good at, it's getting to a point where there are more reports of "He stole my chopper" than "xxx is bunnyhopping." This subgroup of players switches to USMC every time Qwai comes on, immediately creates a chopper squad, invites only "good" pilots, and if anyone takes a chopper from them they moan to CO's, Admins, and everyone else in the game. While following CO orders is a rule on our server, wearing any TG tag does not give you any right to any asset. As far as I know, a particular part of the TG community does not even allow locked squads. And this section of the TG community seems to have air asset problems: A lot.

Most of this is even true for transport BH, LB's and such.

I did not mention names, none of this is a personal attack, and I'm being as courteous as any player should be to any player on our server. But unfortunately, I keep seeing players with TG tags that abuse assets and chain of command, and they have a general distaste for new or non regular players.

Respect is earned, boys.
                Skud

Comment

I actually like both map sizes. Like EJOD, I also like the big map as well as the 16 player. Using the smaller maps does make one have more infantry and less squabbling over the jets on Qinling 64 but not over other vehicles. Still see that going on a little, I would have to agree with OneTinSoldier that having both map sizes in rotation would be cool. Although I do not fly(have not tried in .7 with jets yet), I think they should at least be an option for the people who do fly and are good at it too.
                  Love EJOD 16 player cause it is completely infantry and the battles can become quite intense. No matter the map size though I still hear complaining about certain maps, played to much or a lot of people claiming they hate it. For example a lot of people in the squad I was in last night were complaining about playing Zatar Wetlands making claims that if the wanted to play that map they would start up vanilla BF2. I think a couple of the vanilla BF2 maps transitioned over well.

EDIT:
                  Skud, I have seen this as well and think you hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of locked squads with specific names such as "Pilots Only" or something a long that line. One reason why I have never attempted flying in .7 is most maps that have jets and heli's on them I have not been invited into these squads. So, if you are not known to pilot any heli or jet then most likely you don't get a chance, unless you do step on the wrong persons toes and have someone complaining to an admin and sneak in one real quick. Which makes me think of the other night when playing and the squad I was in tried for a full 5 minutes to get a BH to give us transport on the map Al Burj and finally one of the squad mates grabbed one and transported us. DID he get a earache from all the belly aching on that!!!! you should have seen the people griping about if he was going to pilot a BH he needed to be in the transport squad, which was funny cause IT WAS LOCKED and the person in our squad said they didn't invite him into it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                    Jets and choppers are creating subgroups in our community. There are now players who do nothing but fly if they can. While I firmly believe you should do what you're good at, it's getting to a point where there are more reports of "He stole my chopper" than "xxx is bunnyhopping." This subgroup of players switches to USMC every time Qwai comes on, immediately creates a chopper squad, invites only "good" pilots, and if anyone takes a chopper from them they moan to CO's, Admins, and everyone else in the game. While following CO orders is a rule on our server, wearing any TG tag does not give you any right to any asset. As far as I know, a particular part of the TG community does not even allow locked squads. And this section of the TG community seems to have air asset problems: A lot.

Most of this is even true for transport BH, LB's and such.
                    This is all too true.

Comment

Personally I like all of the maps with the exception of the occasional 16 map. I know why they are there at the server start and I understand that, but I just really hate that many people on a 16 player map, lol. As for large maps, I love them. I know a lot of players don't like a 3 hour long map, but that is where a lot of us shine. I also like the 64 player maps as they have the added air assets which allow us to take more advantage of the additions in 0.7. If I can't shoot my rifle worth a crap because of the accuracy changes, I'd at least like for my SL to be able to call in air support, lol. I do agree that Qinling 64 has a few lag issues, but it's not a huge deal and can be easily ignored. But in general, bring on all the maps, small, medium and large, day or night, woodland or desert. Variety is the spice of life and I think limiting the maps is a bad idea. To me, playing in different terrain and situations makes us all better players. True, I do have my own map favorites that I am very happy to see when they come around in the rotation, but I don't think there is any one map that I dislike so much that I will leave the game or request it be removed from the server.

Comment

The other key ingredient here is that we have a scrim coming up in two weeks on qinling 64. I think it would be beneficial for the time being to make sure the map is in rotation so that people can get some playtime on the map to develop individual strategies to go along with the team strat. Otherwise, we're going to be at somewhat of a disadvantage compared to the other guys who are probably playing it significantly more.

Comment

Guys we are working on the issue of locked specialty squads, it is a problem and we are coming up with a solution.

In the meantime I would ask everyone to share the assets, and if you see yourself piloting constantly, give someone else a turn.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I enjoy both Quinling 64 and Kashan 64 because it allows me to indulge in one of the few areas I am actually pretty good at; tank commanding/driving. I've got nothing against the 'flyboys' as I'll usually bring an AAV up with the tanks if the enemy have competent attack pilots, I lock my squad at 6 players only usually, to protect the slot of someone who disconnects or is teamswitched. I can't often get onto the TG server any more, due to high traffic and AS exams, but if you see me on TG or any other server then feel free to join my squad, 'Warpig'.

A cookie for the first person to name the reference.
                            | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                            Charge for the guns' he said:
                            Into the valley of Death
                              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by NerdyDodge View Post
                              I enjoy both Quinling 64 and Kashan 64 because it allows me to indulge in one of the few areas I am actually pretty good at; tank commanding/driving. I've got nothing against the 'flyboys' as I'll usually bring an AAV up with the tanks if the enemy have competent attack pilots, I lock my squad at 6 players only usually, to protect the slot of someone who disconnects or is teamswitched. I can't often get onto the TG server any more, due to high traffic and AS exams, but if you see me on TG or any other server then feel free to join my squad, 'Warpig'.

A cookie for the first person to name the reference.
                              Warpig is the callsign of the USMC Mechanized unit in COD4, you play. you defend Warpig in the Demo.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X