Server Changes -- feedback needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Changes -- feedback needed

At the behest of the devs, we will be testing some changes on our server, starting today. Changelog as follows:

- Fixed cmdr assets bugs.
    - Updated kill count delay. Should give the attacker the kill count only when the victim respawns.
    - Updated the scoring system to only give kill points at the same time of the kill count.
    - Removed cmdr assets ticket revenue.
    - Fixed a little issue with calculating the threat rating of a player.
    - Updated scoring so you don't get a death count when teamkilled.
    - Updated core so it doesn't give suicide or other spawn penalties when killed by the game (wrong vehicle kit, civilian picking up other kits, etc).
    - Updated how the selection of officer kit in spawn screen works. Shouldn't need to cycle kits when joining a round.
    - Removed some restrictions for requesting vehicle kits (100m of CP, parked vehicle, etc). Just need to be close to one to request it. Doesn't matter if it was used more than 1min, if you are away from a CP, etc.
    - Removed -1 ticket when killing an insurgent.
    - Made sure the officer kit blockage doesn't activate for bots.
    - Added check for RP creation time to avoid duplicated RPs.
    - Updated kit limits standardization. Infantry kits: 3 players in squad needed, (1,2,4,5) available for (8,16,24,32) team sizes, 1 max of each kit in the squad, 90s rellocation time. Specialized kits: 2 players in squad needed, (0,0,1,2) available for (8,16,24,32) team sizes, 2 max of each kit in the squad, 300s rellocation time.
    - Updated the jdam jet flyby to play closer to impact.
    - Removed negative score for losing vehicles and limited kits.
    - Updated random rps to respawn every 15 min.
    Please keep these changes in mind going forward and provide any feedback here.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Server Changes -- feedback needed

Thnx for the info Tempus. Im sure well exercise the server pretty hard today, we all been waiting for these changes.

|

Comment

Wow, good changes coming our way!
      Skud

Comment

Sounds good. I gotta get in game and start testing.

Comment

Awesome guys, thanks!
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Can't wait to try putting a bunker where i want it today.

Comment

Sounds good!
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks. Is there a way of fixing the squad bug? (like there was earlier today)
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I had several jet and helicopter squads disconnect immediately after crashing. I don't know for sure it was due to being kicked, but it might be worth looking into. It used to be due to negative score (for losing the asset), but the changelog said that was removed.

Can anybody confirm if they were kicked after losing a helo, jet, or tank?

Comment

- Fixed cmdr assets bugs.
                      - Removed negative score for losing vehicles and limited kits.
                      Whoopee!
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                        Whoopee!
                        Yes, this is very good news :).

... now all they need to do is fix the messed up accuracy.
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot to mention (and I don't know if it's related to the patch that we're testing)...

On Qinling last night we (the Chinese) dropped a JDAM towards the end of the game. Then I noticed the JDAM button was full again. Thinking that the first one didn't actually work, we dropped it again. Then the button filled up again within a minute or two. We made a conscious decision not to use it anymore because it was obviously a bug.

It sounds like it happened again later in the night"
                          Originally posted by Tweaky
                          Playing Al Burj, I guess the USMC had like unlimited JDAMs at the end of the round, and they were just dropping them on West Beach left and right. Was funny, but I am guessing a serious bug issue....

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                            Oh, I almost forgot to mention (and I don't know if it's related to the patch that we're testing)...

On Qinling last night we (the Chinese) dropped a JDAM towards the end of the game. Then I noticed the JDAM button was full again. Thinking that the first one didn't actually work, we dropped it again. Then the button filled up again within a minute or two. We made a conscious decision not to use it anymore because it was obviously a bug.

It sounds like it happened again later in the night"
                            Yes - it happened on Al Burj. The USMC received 4 consecutive (possibly 5) JDAMS. LOL. This is a fun little bug, depending on your point of view.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

This bug has been fixed as of this morning.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X