This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fools Road - Official Rule

Here is the rule regarding what is going to be allowed on Fools Road and what is not.

The Village and south (H6, H7, H8) are UCB for the British and will be treated as any other UCB by the admins. Please note: this is important.

Here is an image of the UCB area:

Rules:

1. Militia may attack commander assets in the UCB, per the official rules. Please also see Dirtboy's post on this topic.
    2. Mines may be placed north of the bridge, not on it nor south of it.
    3. The bridge may be blown up, but the militia must evacuate the area and not camp any engineers attempting to repair the bridge. The C4 may not be detonated while a vehicle is on the bridge (this is camping - period).

Why:

1. This is the only way out of the British main for any vehicle.
    2. The militia do not have an identical exploitable handicap out of their main base.
    3. It is an area prone to what is essentially base rape by militia.

Please make sure you are familiar with this rule and all other server rules.

Thank you for choosing Tactical Gamer, we hope you enjoy your stay! :)

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Fools Road - Official Rule

A reasonable and enforcible solution to a tricky situation. Well done chaps!

Is there way to display this info in place of the map graphic on the map loading screen?

Comment

Thanks.
      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
        A reasonable and enforcible solution to a tricky situation. Well done chaps!

Is there way to display this info in place of the map graphic on the map loading screen?
        Or add it to the 'rules ticker' that pops-up in game, any way to make the messages map-specific?
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I don't believe so. This would be like any other rule on the server - ignorance is no excuse and the onus is on the player to know the rules of the server. We will police it like we do everything else. I'm not sure that there is a better answer than that right now.

Comment

phew...good thing we werent on the UCB last night... except for that 1 person

Comment

Its funny how I get banned 12 hours before this new rule is made public. This rule reminds me of the old Hanoi off limits story, see the pilots in vietnam had a no fly zone around Hanoi in the mid 60's. During this time the V.C. made Hanoi the most heavily defended city off all time. It tore the pilots up, knowing that they were not able to engage the enemy where it would hurt the V.C. the most. Personally this rule stinks and I think the bridge and the village are perfect ambush sites for the militia, and roads leading out of militia main are excellent sites to catch the militia off guard for the brits. I've blown the bridge lots and have set up ambushes in the village, its one hell of a tactic. What I think is the brits are to lazy to fix the bridge and dont want to spend the time searching and clearing the surrounding areas. I've witnesses many times a brit apc squad and a ground pounding squad clear the bridge and village to their success, hey that sounds like teamwork. If I was the CO for the brits I would have a 3 man squad defend the bridge, village and surrounding areas, and make sure the troops dont leave the main solo, always leave in a convoy. Hey that sounds like more teamwork and tactics. While I'm here, I must say I'm getting tired of all the crying and whinning going on while in battle, If you dont like getting blown to sheet, get off your butt and clear those hostile areas. P.S. now you have me mad

Comment

I would have a 3 man squad defend the bridge, village and surrounding areas...
                Good luck with that.

While I don't really agree with the rule, it's now set in stone and I will be the first one getting salty about anyone breaking it.
                sigpic

Comment

oh forgot to tell you all, while I'm on R&R due to my ban I've made some new contacts in the blackmarket and I will be bringing truck loads of C4 to the fools road battle. Dragonfly is pissed off

Comment

There is nothing new about this rule. DirtBoy made his post on 1/6/08.

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    Ok...after reading all the post's, here is my opinion.

It is a strategic bridge that is essential for the Brit's, There is no other way to cross the river without it. Is it fair to blow it up? No...it is not! Granted, it is a excellent tactic, it still kind of cheap. With that being said, I think that it can be destroyed but not camped when getting repaired. I think mining it is sufficient also.

It's more or less a Gentleman's Agreement on this tactic. Go there, blow and mine the bridge and LEAVE. Do not camp it, Do not abuse it, and have some fun! The Brit's should be able to repair it fairly easily without any opposition. And if it is blown, it will also hinder the Brits in a fast assault. They would have to wait there and call for an engy!
                    This is merely a more clear interpretation of the above post. This has been decided on by the admins, and that's the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                      There is nothing new about this rule. DirtBoy made his post on 1/6/08.

This is merely a more clear interpretation of the above post. This has been decided on by the admins, and that's the way it is.
                      well what I heard before was the bridge was in play and village was not UCB. North of the bridge was the brits UCB, now you have the village in the UCB, sounds like the rules have changed to me

Comment

Here's what I have seen on server since new rule:
                        2 full squads on militia spend all map trying to ambush Brit vehicles. They do a good job at first of slowing the Brits from reinforcing southern flags at the mine/train...but the brits eventually break through to the Helicopter Base & Hilltop, and the militia players never fall back...staying way out of position with their lame ambush squads. Brits start a bleed and militia loses.

For a team that has only 32 players and tanks...sure seems to me their resources might be allocated elsewhere more wisely. I say leave the bridge alone, but the new rule is better than the old "anything-goes".
                        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I have a feeling this UCB might get alot bigger. The militia are still goin to just ambush the crap out of the brits outside the village. I think they should extend the UCB all the way to the warehouse and close to heli base, that way when I'm a brit I can drive over the bridge, through the village and down the roads with no worries. I think outlawing ambushes should be a new rule

Comment

Do you ever stop?

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                              Do you ever stop?
                              when I get back in, I guess I'm bored, comeon get back to front with my fellow comrades

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X