Death Cam discussion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Cam discussion...

Has there ever been talk by devs to remove the death cam?
    Seems very unrealistic for a reality mod to have players shouting out after they die: "2 infantry coming from your north!" etc.

Any way we could make the screen go black after you die? or bring up the map or squad screen so that players can't ghost when they die?
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: Death Cam discussion...

There was a discussion about it awhile back. Too lazy to search for it.

I agree, when the player is DEAD, he shouldn't be able to call out enemy's !

Comment

I'm of the same mind...I so wish the community would embrace a a "dead men don't talk" policy, though I find myself breaking that one too often.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I concur.. even though I often use this, if we are striving for reality this should be fixed.

Comment

Yeah I think that every time I die and start blowing up their spots, or vice versa.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I find death cam kind of annoying. I know that people (including myself) relay tactical movements of the enemy back to their squad with deathcam.

It also means that when I kill an enemy and know that their are more around, I have to move away from the corpse or risk having my position reported by the dead guy which in itself is an unrealistic reason for tactical re-positioning.

There was a lot of discussion about deathcam in COD4 when it came out to turn the server setting off to make it more realistic...

Comment

I kind of have to agree with this, although I frequently find myself getting surprised and killed and I excitedly shout out the enemy locations. If I remember correctly, back when my former clan was allied with TG and TG used our Ghost Recon server a few nights, we were not allowed to talk after being killed. I remember Luna giving us all hell about talking after we were dead. Of course that was on a no respawn game.

I'm sort of surprised that BF2 doesn't mute the mic when a player is killed. I can understand someone calling out intel when Critically Wounded, but after being killed, it's almost a cheat. I wonder if the game couldn't be configured to mute the mic when a player is killed? Or that may also kill the mic before the game starts and there goes any squad planning out the window. Something to think about.

Comment

When you bleed out the screen could just fade to black

Dead players need their mic as the SL needs to call out next respawn point if say your squad was whiped out and has to change spawns.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

They should just implement the Goldeneye dripping blood Death, complete with the Bond Theme jingle :).

It would be a good idea to get rid of this, and I've toyed in my head with removing voip while you're killed. It would be a cool idea, but it probably wouldn't work and get annoying.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Black screen sounds better :)
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Keep it like it is I'd say!

If anyone is so lame to use the deathcam like this, I can only laugh at them. Meanwhile I'll be getting nice warm coffee when I die.

Spectator mode is also one of the few tools the admins have left to find out who is doin what, short of going to the tedious process of watching a 4 hour Kashan BFrecorder file.

Comment

I've beena huge advocate of taking away the death cam in PR. It really REALLY screws ambush squads...as I'm sure warehouse and his wambushers will be able to tell you. Or any squad that is in a concealed position. The only issue i can see coming out of this, is maybe with the tank sound bug, not having any idea where a tank just blew up your whole squad from because you couldnt hear the shell...that that in real life it would matter cause youd be dead.

Comment

its been discussed by dev team and no easy way to do it, that said it would be kickass to put up a black screen when KILLED but keep the same screen as it is now when critically wounded.

the only time it can be exploited is when you are KILLED and it either zooms out or folllows your killer, very lame and exploitable.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                            ... or folllows your killer, very lame and exploitable.
                            Does that happen? I for one have never seen it before.

Wish you guys could make it blur when critically wounded and fade to black when dead, now that would be cool :).
                            Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

A few well placed teabags normally moves most people on
                              Last edited by joe98; 01-18-2008, 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X