Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as far as ammo goes.......

well it seems to me that...

the ammo soldier bag is REALLY unrealistic. in real life, some dude isn't going to be packing around: Light and Heavy AT rounds, AT mines, 5-6 extra grenades, or flashbangs, or smokes, grenade launcher rounds, C4 (hey, if the ammo bag can supply it then why not give it to the ammo soldiers?).

these things are actually stored in humvees. therefore, i think that player should ONLY be able to get special items off of a humvee as well as regular ammo. this would make it more realistic in the sense that: supply troops don't carry all that crap, and humvees in real life carry ammo, and LOTS of it.
    Last edited by zephyr89; 01-18-2008, 06:06 AM. Reason: forgot something
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Re: as far as ammo goes.......

It's a game play decision, just like the Medic paddles.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I completely agree, I wish they would drop the ammo bag completely and go back to vehicle resupply. The ammo bag is pretty useless anyway, it barely gives any ammo and you gotta be on a flat surface for it not to roll down...
      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

The only spare ammo British or USMC infantry would carry at the section level is 100 or 200 rounds of 5.56mm link for the SAW gunner or possibly a few mixed (illum, smoke and HE) 40mm grenades.

Comment

It would certainly be yet another reason to protect your vehicle. Perhaps limited rearm from jeep and you have to drive it to a bunker/fire base/cp to rearm it as well. I would like it if they let APCs rearm as well - it seems to suit it's roll as an infantry support vehicle.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

That's a good idead! What fuzzhead have to say on this one? ahah

I agree that removing the ammo bag (or just give 1 ammo bag and don't let them "re-arm themself) and letting us rearms of a HUMVEEs and/or APCs would be better...
            Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
              I completely agree, I wish they would drop the ammo bag completely and go back to vehicle resupply. The ammo bag is pretty useless anyway, it barely gives any ammo and you gotta be on a flat surface for it not to roll down...
              Actually, the ammo bags seem to be bottomless pits in .7.

I do agree about the vehicles having ammo.
              sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a strange decision to remove ammo points from the vehicles, like disposable said it made the vehicles that much more useful. If anything I figured they would get rid of the soldier ammo bag.
                Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

1 Ammo bag can keep a HAT full armed, or two engineers laying c4 + mines. Portable supply drops really; if your ammo guys willing to wait it out.

Comment

i've been thinking that the ammo bag should work like the medics bag - be close and hold a button to resupply a m8 with primary weapons ammo (and field dressings) - and of/c batteries for the medics-paddles :row__573:

Comment

What I really hate is when you take a hit, start blurring up, drop a field dressing and carry on bleeding. Then you get an ammo bag out to re-arm your bandages and it drops through the floor. Or if you're sitting on a ammo bag waiting for another HAT rocket and it chooses to re-arm your smokes, pistol rounds etc and then runs out of ammo before you get your rocket. If there was a way of prioritising what ammo to get that would be cool.
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I prefer the bag over vehicle ammo because one AT guy can drive around in a humvee being master of everything, rockets, ammo, 50 cal and transport to everywhere plus he gets radar and to spot - who needs squads :icon_lol:

At least the ammo bag requires another person to be around at some point.

They do these things on purpose like the way a squad can only get one light AT and that is not quite enough to destroy an APC.
                        Its more of a battle, maybe the AT has more ammo and maybe the APC can repair, either way the winner is the squad player pretty much

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                          I prefer the bag over vehicle ammo because one AT guy can drive around in a humvee being master of everything, rockets, ammo, 50 cal and transport to everywhere plus he gets radar and to spot - who needs squads :icon_lol:

At least the ammo bag requires another person to be around at some point.

They do these things on purpose like the way a squad can only get one light AT and that is not quite enough to destroy an APC.
                          Its more of a battle, maybe the AT has more ammo and maybe the APC can repair, either way the winner is the squad player pretty much

Quite right, Sabre. I forgot about the roving H-AT squads in their humvees destroying tank after tank.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

The problem I find with the ammo bags is that, depending on how many people are taking fistfulls of bullets out, they can be bottomless pits. I tried it out, and one rifleman ammo bag has enough ammo to totally refill thier rifle magazines, 1 grenade each, and a field dressing before being exhausted. If you have significantly less needs, you can refill all your grenades, or a bunch of ammo magazines, and then re-pick up your ammo kit. This used to be significantly less of a problem in .61, and it seems to have fallen back to what it was in .5

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Its the nonsense of bf2, I dont think they can really change it. In the last version 1 ammo bag might fail to refill anything noticably, now you can be fairly sure it'll give a rocket when you need it.

I think its fair enough and they did it to counter the lack of ammo from vehicles and rally points. Overall I think its a decent attempt and Im not sure if any perfect solution is possible.
                              I agree resupplying your own ammo bag is silly, SnipingCoward's suggestion would make more sense and be more restrictive. If its possible it would stop a couple of methods of bypassing the ammo guys role

I previously suggested it be done via the ammo trucks, now extinct but they have sorta done something similar with the co truck and helis

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X