TOW Humvee ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOW Humvee ??

Ok, I was playing last night on Qwai on the Chinese team and my SL got killed by a TOW Humvee. He made a report agaunst the person manning the TOW stating he was killed by the TOW, not sure if anymore happened about it but that is not my concern. So, I said to him I would have done the same thing if I had been the other personin the TOW Humvee. He said he had been kicked from the server because it was also considered a HAT and not allowed to be used on infantry at all.
    Makes since to me but I did search around for any rules to this but can not find it(probably using the wrong wording). If this is the case I would like to know cause I have done this myself and do not want kicked from the server for not knowing for sure about this. I looked in the sticky about "Intended uses of vehicles and wepons" but either overlooked it or just not in there.

Re: TOW Humvee ??

I've been told by an admin (can't remember which one) a while back that it is considered HAT sniping and your not allowed to fire it at infantry. No matter how large the group is.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
      Heavy Anti-Tank (HAT)

The primary purpose of the HAT is for use against heavily armored vehicles (e.g. tank, APC). These kits / projectiles are considerably more expensive and less available than their LAT counterpart. Players carrying the HAT should focus solely on vehicles.

I hope that this clears up the question on vehicle / weapon use for most players, especially that of the LAT and HAT.
      The TOW is considered as Heavy AT.

Comment

It works the same way as a H-AT so it is considered a H-AT afaik.
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

TOW humvees have the same rules as HAT. This was all part of the big HAT/LAT sniping fiasco a couple months ago. If you see someone blasting infantry with a TOW humvee, please report the infraction to the admins on duty or make a retroactive report in the admin forum.

Comment

OK, this clears it up for me.

Comment

MSDZ I had this problem awhile back. I was defending the Gov. Office and using the TOW. I got kicked and was informed not to do so in the future. When ever I see somebody TOW sniping I report them but nobody from the guilty party/team will turn them in more times than not. It gets aggrivating, but admins are on enough that this is generally not a problem.

Comment

I saw (RL) footage of USMC using a TOW to clear / destroy a building. Isn't using the TOW vs fortified positions legit? Say.. A heavily fortified bunker, estate construction buildings, etc?

I think the problem when the TOW goes on a hunt for any target with two legs, and uses reloading points instead of conserving for priority targets or assisting flag assaults.

Comment

You can use HAT on bunkers and so on, so I expect they mean for the same to apply to tow

Anyone know what the range HAT 'bounces' at. If target is before that range you have to compensate for drop like on RPG and and after that it is guided, but not sure of the distance it switches. HAT needs spotters really

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the rule says not to do it unless the opponents name says SkudDestroyer...then its ok.
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

H-AT = TOW and TOW = H-AT. Ok for usage on fortified positions such as bunker, fire bases, buildings, vehicles. Not ok on infantry in the open.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

As a former ToW gunner I can tell you that it was/is against the rules of engagement to fire upon infantry out in the open with a ToW gun. So, if you are trying to be as realistic as possible then this rule falls right into place with true RoE's. Not to mention how much money you just wasted by throwing that round down range for a single person or two. :)
                        Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Originally posted by Echo4Hotel View Post
                          As a former ToW gunner I can tell you that it was/is against the rules of engagement to fire upon infantry out in the open with a ToW gun. So, if you are trying to be as realistic as possible then this rule falls right into place with true RoE's. Not to mention how much money you just wasted by throwing that round down range for a single person or two. :)
                          Echo - thanks for that, and with this I believe the case is closed. No TOW on infantry unless they happen to be in a fortified position that is the target of the TOW. Period.

Comment

Ive seen people get blown up with a AT missile and they don't get kicked

Comment

Use the !REPORTING in game chat to bring suspected H-AT sniping to the attention of the admins. Also use TS to get the attention of the admins. If one is not on at the time, post a thread in the Contact an Admin forum (link in my sig) to report possible infractions. This is very difficult to enforce in game because of the limited tools at our disposal during the game, and also because players get confused between L-AT rounds and H-AT rounds (H-AT makes a hissing sound when incoming). If you see a teammate violating this rule, please report and/or police it yourself by telling them not to do it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X