Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUGGESTION: Remove 'Hills of Hamyong' from maplist

Hello all.

First of some introduction. Even though I'm a European player (Czech Rep) I play on TG a lot. The reason is simple - it's the most teamplay oriented server you can find. I can enjoy mostly every round I play there.
    The exception is the 'Hills of Hamyong' map.
    If some of you visit the official PR forums you might have noticed I've suggested to have this map removed. Mostly anything I wanted to say was said in the mentioned thread so I'll just do a little Copy&paste:
    Hills of Hamyong - in my opinion, the worst map present in Project Reality.

Why ?

This map basically breaks any differences between PR and vBF2.

There's no tactical gameplay. Only thing you see all the round is nadespam. Spawnkilling occurs more often then green light on traffic light. As a US, the only thing you do is: spawn, rush towards enemy, get killed, respawn and repeat. As Chinese it's: nade, shoot, get ammo, repeat.
    The rallypoint system on this map is a joke. There are like 4 places to put a rallypoint, including one inside a deadzone.

I can't help myself, but each time I'm playing this map I feel more like on Omaha beach with modern weapons, grenades instead of mortar shells, Chinese instead of Germans and without a beach.

What if a new player happens to be so unlucky to join a server with this map ? What will he think ? Most likely something like "I might as well go play Karkand - it's the same but with a city instead of hills"

With all respect to you devs, please, remove this spawn of hell.
    Until (or if ever) the map will be removed I would love to see it disappear at least from the map rotation. As been said in the quote, this map is back stab to teamplay, totally against the Tactical Gamer spirit.

According to the poll results...

Yes. 71 66.98%
    No. 23 21.70%
    Unsure / Don't care 12 11.32%

...I believe I'm not the only one who would appreciate the removal.

With regards,
    Deadfast

Re: SUGGESTION: Remove 'Hills of Hamyong' from maplist

I'd have to agree. Matter of fact, I recall something about this map being removed about a week ago. Someone want to look into it?

Comment

Hehe.. yeah I really don't see the USMC launching an assault like that these days :).

Lord of the Mangoes
      In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
      In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

agreed, should remove from rotation.... its okay for smaller servers (under 30 players) but with a full server its too much

Comment

I actually enjoy the map, but I won't gripe if its removed. Every once in awhile its nice to have a full-on frag fest for a short match like that one.

Comment

i vote yay

Comment

I reckon we should remove it as well and replace it with one of the older maps if possible. (Mao Valley, Mao Valley, Mao Valley...)
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I like the map, playing from both sides to me are just as fun. I noticed on a few occassions that if the US side can get good marksman and snipers they can hold off the Chinese until some troops can get to the top of the hill. Only thing is, a squad should be made for these people cause most squads do not want these kits in with them or they expect the marksman to stay with them. The marksman on this particular map is better when he stays away from the enemy. They are not equipped to fight in close battle once they get into the hills.

Comment

There's almost no room to flank, so it's full frontal assualt. It's fun if the other team isn't organised and you break through behind their lines, but if not it's just as described, nade fest. We might as well just dig trenches and call it WWI. :D

Comment

Super Agree
                    Skud

Comment

Pardon, whats that you say, I can 't hear anyone, speak up I've been playing Hamyong Headphone headache massacre and I'm as deaf as a post from the nades! Yup remove it.

Comment

Be gone you devil....

Comment

How about the 32 or 16 versions instead

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Done!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                              Done!
                              I do hope someone with more skills than I can fix the map though. As often mentioned, it reminds me of the old Omaha map which I loved. It was so gratifying to finally break through after repeated attempts.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X