I'm crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm crazy

I think it not depends on the admins, but seriously the rounds, especially "Fools", "Kashan",etc... last loooong, unless one team gets owned and all flags are captured, which I love.

I usually play as a SL but when the round lasts like 3 hours, I must go to the doctor, so I don't feel like playing as a SL on those maps (self-esteem), otherwise I don't want to leave my boys alone and unprotected in this mad world... I suppose you guys do, but I hate when a SL leaves, that means the squad disintegrates, mutinies, and mature and tw players fall to the noob side of the force, bla bla bla...
    Joking apart, those maps last long, being CO, SL, SM, AFK, brb, on the phone, out to lanch, etc...

So the 1 million dollar question is: Is it possible to reduce tickets or time? If not, no matters I know how to reduce my stress, or not...
    I heard it depends on the developers (server files rules agreement) in that case, I'll post this on PR forums.

Btw, where is the server exactly located?

Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen for the time you dedicated reading this(kiss)

Re: I'm crazy

It is possible to shorten the time, and while some people may be comfortable with the time being altered, there are a lot of us who feel that its just fine as-is. If you get two good teams, a long map can be very engaging. Last night we had a round of qwai where the chinese had the usmc pushed all the way back to pigfarm before the end of the game and had almost total map control (flag-wise) for the vast majority of the game. Chinese win right? Wrong. Chinese lost! It was a great game and everyone involved had a lot of fun.

I've also played lots of rounds of kashan and qinling that have lasted 2+ hours that have been absolutely great matches. It's just a matter of being patient.

To answer your last question, the servers are located in Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      . Last night we had a round of qwai where the chinese had the usmc pushed all the way back to pigfarm before the end of the game and had almost total map control (flag-wise) for the vast majority of the game. Chinese win right? Wrong. Chinese lost! It was a great game and everyone involved had a lot of fun.
      Wow, we actually won that game? I wish I would have been able to stay :(

Comment

I dread round after round of LOOONNNGGG maps....I like a short round or two during an evening to balance it out. That's what I loved about Helmand and Operation Phoenix...two maps that, I believe, have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

On the other hand...since re-emerging into .7 I have played Ejod 16 player twice and they were rather nice as each round lasted no more than 20 minutes.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

After that epic battle of Qwai we played a round of Mestia that seemed to end rather abruptly. I'd say it was no more than an hour.
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Slurm Cola - my squad had over 180 kills that round.... the chinese just kept tard rushing our hill over and over again with no thought to their own well being... and so the chinese guys lost.... who woulda thought, mindless zerg rushing doesnt always bring victory?? ;)

We named our firebase hamburger hill and we actually survived up there the ENTIRE round, they never killed off our rallypoint once, and sometimes they were assaulting with 3 different squads and tanks :) haha anyways off topic...

Tickets will be reduced on most maps to compensate for the slower gameplay of v0.7. Medium maps will have 300 tickets, and larger maps will have somewhere between 400-500 tickets. Most of us enjoy the longer rounds and this shouldn't affect them all that much. This is a reduction of about 100 tickets...

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
              Slurm Cola - my squad had over 180 kills that round.... the chinese just kept tard rushing our hill over and over again with no thought to their own well being... and so the chinese guys lost.... who woulda thought, mindless zerg rushing doesnt always bring victory?? ;)
              So this is why we lost?!?!?! Yeah, save the JDAM for PigFarm - good idea! How about dropping it on Fuzz's head next time? Our squad held mine basically by ourselves except for the last 10 minutes of the match after the blasted JDAM took out our bunkers. We almost had it capped back, but then our tank ran to go ALL the way back to Processing - still haven't figured out why.

All in all, it was a very fun match - one of the better Qwai matches.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Our tank ran back to processing because since it was 20 to 50 we decided our only possible chance was to rambo our way through the map and kill as many Americans as possible.

We could not get that damn firebase down! We must have pummeled that darn thing with at least thirty rounds and on two different occasions got fed up with it and charged, but to no avail :(.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Tickets will be reduced on most maps to compensate for the slower gameplay of v0.7.
                  Maps will be shorter as of the next .71 patch hopefully then. What kinda of game time per map is PR aiming for, 2 hours or shorter ?

To take that firebase down would have taken cordination between squads basically. The flag by it was captured though..

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                  JDAM for PigFarm - good idea! How about dropping it on Fuzz's head next time?
                  Or at his feet ideally since the damage from jdam only goes up I think

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yeah, about mid-way through the map our squad was trying to get into that firebase at the towers North of Processing with engineers to take it down. I must have died there 20 times before we lost our Rally and took up the defense of Mine for a while at least. I kept telling the guys to bypass the firebase as it wasn't important but the flag at Processing was, but some guys are hardheaded, I guess.

On a side note, there was someone on the US team H-AT sniping out of the area around that firebase at our squad across the road to the East. Keep an eye on your squadmates, guys. Let them know if they are breaking the rules and try to correct the situation or get an Admin involved if they persist. It's much easier to fix this sort of thing while in the squad or team that the culprit is on. It's much harder for the receiving team or squad to ID those responsible.

Comment

Yes I got a little upset when after fixing that tank it didnt bother to clear out the guardposts with a few heat rounds, I even jumped in the 3rd position of the tank to fire on the locations I knew they were in.. only to be taken halfway to processing before being able to get out.. I called someone a "DUMMY"
                      Hope nobody got their feelings hurt. I was very frustrated.

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I think it's a map-layout issue more then a ticket issue. Especially on Kashan and fools road. Those 2 maps in particular typically (notice I didn't say always) turn out 1 of two ways...

1) a slaughter that lasts 45 minutes. Typically this happens when 1 side is denied one of their early flags (think train or heli on fools road or south or north village on kashan)
                        2) a 3 hour+ borefest that has fighting over one of two flags for a majority of the map.

The borefests happen due to the slow bleed, the slaughters happen because everyone wants to move to the "next flag" and let some other squad cap the neutral flag.

Comment

I love long engagements, fools road is a stellar addition....maybe if there was a change in the rotation so qingling and fools road weren't almost one after the other it might make it different......but battles are long, thats why tactics and teamwork are so vital.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                            I love long engagements, fools road is a stellar addition....maybe if there was a change in the rotation so qingling and fools road weren't almost one after the other it might make it different......but battles are long, thats why tactics and teamwork are so vital.
                            X2!

Comment

We named our firebase hamburger hill and we actually survived up there the ENTIRE round, they never killed off our rallypoint once, and sometimes they were assaulting with 3 different squads and tanks :) haha anyways off topic...
                              That was your firebase? :icon_mad: I had a 3-man fireteam going at it a few times but nothing doing. You would have lost that rallypoint but at the last moment when I went to pull out my knife I found myself throwing medpacks at it. :row__522: Eventually I just convinced myself that continuously throwing bodies at you would keep your attention away from the flag letting another squad cap it. Seemed to work, at the expense of a few dozen tickets...
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X