Armor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor

When I find myself in an armor squad, the question allways arises.. Who Drives? Who Guns? I personally believe that the most experienced player should be the driver, as they are ultimatly responsible for the survival of the asset. What do you think?
    Driver
    80.30%
    Gunner
    6.06%
    It doesnt matter
    13.64%

The poll is expired.

Re: Armor

Definitely driver... anyone can gun.

Looks like your poll worked this time, it 's a SM-only feature right?
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

The crew member with the most experience of tank combat should be the driver/vehicle commander as he/she is the one who's going to get the tank into and out of harm's way.

Gunner should know how to make best use of the zoom and which shell to have up the tube.

Turret MG man should be a Combat Engineer. He/she should know to cover the tank's 6 o'clock, follow RoE with the .50 cal and never ever get out of the turret unless instructed by the driver/VC.

Comment

I'm not going to disagree with anyone here, I think it's more important to have a good driver who keeps the tank alive and finds good hull down positions to allow the gunner to be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
          Looks like your poll worked this time, it 's a SM-only feature right?
          Nope, I voted.

I reckon the squad leader should drive, and the SL is generally the most experienced player (otherwise why would they create an armour squad?). Second most experienced should gun, and 3rd should engy on the .50. if you have a random 1337 PR newbie driving they might not get that tanks are not the indestructible beasts that they were in vanilla, and thus not get out of combat fast enough.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Driver..
            But I prefer infantry.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
              Nope, I voted.
              I meant creating a poll :).
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

SL should drive, always. He can mark out targets via waypoint markers to the gunner, and the comm can tell him directly where to go.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

In my opinion the driver should always have a mic. absolutely, no mic and you dont drive. I have had drivers that dont have a mic to talk to they take precious time to type while under enemy fire. Luckly for me that one time our engy saw an enemy engy trying to landmine us and took em out. But it was annoying not hearing what he is saying.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

i almost wished you put what position should the SL be?

I would most certainly say the SL should be the driver, that way he is in communication and can also hit the attack move marker and scope the area out for his gunner and .50 call gunner and other tanks.

perfect example last night i was the driver for an bmp and sl wanted to gun even as i made the suggestion that he drive so he would not have to yell , stop, go, etc and so instead of me saying directly north tank, it would be marked as well as spotted.....

Well lets just say...i was yelled at for not stopping and not going, and for not continously spotting.....even though i was theres only so many times u can before u get blocked.......i said under my breath "i told u so"

But thats just me.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                      I meant creating a poll :).
                      Er. Yeah. I knew that...

;)
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

first hit wins!

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                        SL should drive, always. He can mark out targets via waypoint markers to the gunner, and the comm can tell him directly where to go.
                        I was getting a little concerned when so many people posted here and not a single person mentioned this! "enemy TANK!, 55 degrees!, attack marker HERE!" ... followed by driver shouting "omg turn left! turn left! look at your freaking map and point at the dang attack markerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!"
                        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Driver by far, they are the ones that set up the shots, the gunner is just a second spotter/twitch shot. A good driver will also put the tank in the right position to ambush the enemy at range, where the tank has the advantage.

I'm a much better gunner than driver myself, because I'm better at quick shots and judging drop than keeping an eye out for mines/engineers/spec ops/other tanks/TOW humvees etc.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                            Driver.
                            Anyone on the business end of your armor will agree.:row__593:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

The driver, he/she is the person that runs over infantry or parks near enemy rally points unknowingly and is the one in charge for getting c4ed or running over a friendly mine. The driver is also the one in charge of flipping the tank over on a flat surface.

Oh wait.... thats just me.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X