Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last night 1/29 on Zatar wetlands - who was in the Tank squad towards end of map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night 1/29 on Zatar wetlands - who was in the Tank squad towards end of map

I forgot to take an SS of the squad list for last night map towards the end of the Jan 29 hour, i wanted to see who was in the squad that ended up using the tanks, I know caffeine was one of the people, it was squad 2 I believe......if anyone knows that would be great!! As well as possibly squad 4 also.

Great time last night!! Had some great maps, I am starting to really dig the USMC Grenadier kit, those m203's can be very accurate if you just give it enough time.

Maybe int he next version they will implement the M203 gun on a hummer, that could prove to be very interesting!!
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Last night 1/29 on Zatar wetlands - who was in the Tank squad towards end of map

I know we had 4 tanks running last night at the end.
    I was in one tank in disposable's squad defending near the Farm flag. I don't remember who my driver was.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Re: Last night 1/29 on Zatar wetlands - who was in the Tank squad towards end of map

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
      I know we had 4 tanks running last night at the end.
      I was in one tank in disposable's squad defending near the Farm flag. I don't remember who my driver was.
      Uh, I think it was Caffeine or Pancho, wasn't it???!?!?!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

i was squad 2 defending the mountain pass from the northern landing site, then we later abandoned our firebase and grabbed 2 tanks...

prety boring round cause USMC were very disorganised but at least some new guys learned a thing or 2 :)

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          Uh, I think it was Caffeine or Pancho, wasn't it???!?!?!
          I was el driver.

But fuzzhead had a 2 or 3 tank squad too. I think it was they that took out a USMC bunker to the south. We just kinda patrolled the farm area.

Haikus are easy.
          But sometimes they don't make sense.
          Refrigerator.

Comment

@Fuzz
            You guys did awesome holding them back! Thanks!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

USMC were too organised. They did the usual thing of capturing the first two landing points then proceeding as the crow flys to the nearest flag. Spawn, run, gun, die, rinse & repeat.

If you know which side will win when the map starts, I fully advocate switching teams and trying to turn the tide. It is more fun

[media]http://i32.tinypic.com/29ofk8x.jpg[/media]

Standard basic tactics would be to split the enemy, create two flanks by creating a stronghold on the high ground marked. Sure they will be on foot mostly but they will cause trouble, two hat kits can provide backup and all sorts. It beats playing duck hunt every game anyway, on either side

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

PANCHO was engie

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                  i was squad 2 defending the mountain pass from the northern landing site, then we later abandoned our firebase and grabbed 2 tanks...

prety boring round cause USMC were very disorganised but at least some new guys learned a thing or 2 :)

I was in fuzz's squad. It was a bit slow but i learned a lot about the map from him. He is a very good squad leader and instructor.

Thanks fuzz

Comment

That was only my 3rd or 4th map I think and I was also in Fuzz's squad. He did a GREAT job of explaining things and I appreciated him doing that. His situational awareness was very thorough and it helped with the learning for me. Great job Fuzz, thanks again.

M203 on a Hummer would be the MK-19 (mark 19) which fires 40mm grenade rounds that are belt fed to the weapon. Thing is fun to shoot for sure. It has a butterfly trigger like the .50 cal. machine gun and you can really feel the thud each time it fires. The pause between the firing and the impact is a few seconds so you can feel the thumps and then hear the booms. Think of the nade spam you could throw down range with that baby.
                    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

that was hell of a long map , i sat on hill with the heavy at for a good part of the map /yawn.

But I agree that those tanks rocked , i know we had one in our squad running around with 2 engie like mention above near the end of the map in the farm sector.

If you think those guys did a good job, don't forget their ribbons nomination :)

Comment

USMC won this map on 1/30

Well done

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It was fun, being patient really showed to me who the teamplayers/squad members were...because when the situation rose, and the need to secure and defend was needed even those who had not had any contact with the enemy didn't mind staying and defend their current location.

In other circumstances i have experienced.....I have seen things go haywire, I.E. other squads capping flags and then at the second something happens they leave their post without authorization and.....then what do u know, that flag goes to.

And what really impressed me was, that even the SL's who were on the MEC that round had more experience/ribbons on the TG server, and they trusted me with my choices, and gave me suggestions when i inquired. That goes along way. And really puts into perspective why TG is the #1 PR server in the World!

Let me tell you at one point when the USMC put up that firebase, and shot me out of the AA gun just as a lone USMC tried to blow up the bunker, I was very happy to have killed that guy and hear those tanks and squad 6 go right there and take out the FB and retake factory.......normally i don't enjoy the sound of a T-19 in my backyard, but that day I relished it!
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...