Young tactical gamers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young tactical gamers

I'm a young tactical gamer-- along with many others. Today i was playing on the TG server, and many of you may agree, that i do consider myself proficiant and not THAT annoying. But today, i was squadleading, and a guy named st.salami joins the squad. First, he asks if he could go medic. I said sure. Now, he spawns at a bunker at 7 gates and runs straight twoard the enemy line, dives prone, and opens fire, gets shot down. Quote thru VOIP: 'WOW! I F***ING HATE THE SPAWN TIMES ARGHHH!' I told him to turn his mic down and stop swearing. VOIP QUOTE: 'but its just not fairrrr...'
    I said: Stop wining and play the game. Go read the manual.
    Quote: 'I KNOW WHAT TO DO SO SHUT THE F*** UP!'
    I said: be quiet, follow my orders, or ill kick you. He whines thru the whole game. I got sick of it, so i kicked him. I dont like locking my squad, so i didnt. He joins right back and starts whining. I was angry.
    So, the point is, anyone else had an experience like this?
    Oh yeah, and just a side note, i think a young TG member in house squad would be a good idea.

Re: Young tactical gamers

pwn3ge106 - first, good job telling him to behave himself - kudos to you for booting him.

If someone is using profanity in VOIP, please make sure you use the !REPORTING: <player> for using profanity in VOIP mechanism. Also, you can report the player here using the Contact an Admin forum (link in my signature). Also, if you kick someone from your squad for language issues, feel free to lock it to keep them from returning.

I have a particular issue with this - people using profanity liberally is one of the reasons why I limit my own children from playing games online to those games where there is some type of control on that type of thing. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Thanks disposable-- any word on making my own in house squad? or is it only supporting members who can start?
      I know i cant just waltz in and start one.

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
        Thanks disposable-- any word on making my own in house squad? or is it only supporting members who can start?
        I know i cant just waltz in and start one.

You have to be a supporting member.
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Somone else can start one maybeh? let me join?

Comment

You would still have to be a member just to join the squad. It is only $8 a month, and it is what allows us to have this awesome forum and server

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Age is irrelevant - maturity is what matters. I can understand someone slipping up and uttering a swear once in awhile - I am guilty of that - but if someone insists on talking or typing like they're doing dialog for a new Quentin Tarantino movie - well, that's gotta go.
              Not only language but understanding how to play, following the server rules, obeying the chain of command and showing respect to other players - all of that is important, regardless of age.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Aren't the irregulars open to non-supporting members? If they are and they don't have an age restriction you might try them.

Comment

yeah try out the irregs. Some of the best TG members have sailed with them. They are always willing to help out those in need.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by dave m View Post
                    Aren't the irregulars open to non-supporting members? If they are and they don't have an age restriction you might try them.
                    Yes, non-supporting members are allowed in the Irregulars. No other In House Squad is available to non-supporting members. No, the Irregulars do not have an age restriction.

Originally posted by Trooper
                    yeah try out the irregs. Some of the best TG members have sailed with them...
                    Some of the 6th are former Irregulars. Goat and Wimp are two of them. Here are most of the former Irregulars.
                    -----

The Irregulars are temporarily closing recruitment while we get reorganized, but once we start recruiting again, I'm sure we would love to have you in our pirate ranks. We have some of the best PR pilots in TG! :row__573: You are more than welcome to post in the Irregular forums and join Irregular squads!
                    sigpic

Comment

Is the point that you're young and he didn't respect you? or that he was young and didn't need to be respected?

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                        Is the point that you're young and he didn't respect you? or that he was young and didn't need to be respected?
                        I think it's more that the other guy was, um, something I'm not gonna say in this thread, regardless of either of their respective ages.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

This kid was somthing else. He worked by his own rules, and never was quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                            I think it's more that the other guy was, um, something I'm not gonna say in this thread, regardless of either of their respective ages.
                            you can't say "regardless of either of their respective ages" when the thread is entitled "young tactical gamers" now can you?

You might say the kid was a loose cannon?

Comment

I've been actively playing online games for about 3 years, and overall my experience has been pretty good. People generally don't care about your age, just the maturity, like some of the other posters have said. It also helps that I have a fairly deep voice for being 14... ;)
                              "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X