Start the ball rolling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start the ball rolling?

Ok I really hope this is ok to post as a thread because the last thing I wanna do is break any rules I may have over-looked.

I just got Battlefield 2 + PR V7 (But it is definetly not the first time I have played thanks to months of playing PR V6 at my mates house)

The point is, I would rather join in a practice/training session rather than 'intruding' into a game on the server. I think the biggest reason for the training is the fact that I have had no experience of PR V7 except the odd created local server run about which can only help to a certain extent.

It may sound pretty dumb but I do not wanna join in the game til I know that I am not just gonna be totally lost and become such a weak link to a squad. I have read the SOP's etc and want to put it into action.

So is there usually a scheduled training session or anything/anyone who can help out?
    I live in the UK for timezone's sake and if you are asking yourself, "Well what kind of training?" I usually played as a common rifleman (Basic enough?) or pilot (Since PR V7 though I need new training for flying haha)

Sorry for such a long read their guys but I would like to know this stuff rather than just jumping into a game and being totally useless.

Thanks
    Call'em & Kill'em

Re: Start the ball rolling?

U usually can just ask people in the server and u'll get a speedy answer.

u dont need training sessions unless you're really going to get into competitive game play. if u read the manual carefully, ull know as much as most ppl that play now. join a squad as squadmember and make sure u have a headset + voip enabled. listn to the squadleader and u should be fine. we're nice to new pppl.

heres where u can practice flying:
    realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-general-discussion/24557-training-mode-minimod

(ul have to copy and paste since it wont let me post URLs)
    its bsacialyl create your own local server, but it makes getting pilot kit + airplane alot easier than in a server. screw around with the jets.

"These things we do that others may live."
    Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

Sign up for THIS until then just explain that your new.. come on into a |TG-X| squad and we will show you the ropes.
      Last edited by llPANCHOll; 01-31-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

To be honest, there's plenty of squadleaders, including myself who would help you out in-game. As a general rule look for players with a TG tag until you get to know who the more competant regulars are.

Just explain to the squadleader you are new and if he could show you a few things.

If he's a decent squadleader he'll understand.
        Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

One of the basic concepts we try to hold onto at TG is the fact that any game is/can be a training session. Look for someone wearing the TG tags, or any of our excellent crew of regulars and they'll be more than willing to help you out in game. Dont fret too much about being the "weak link" in the squad. Chances are, you'll be more of an asset than a hindrance if you simply follow orders and ask the right questions (just dont do it in the middle of a firefight ;)).

As far as flying practice goes, I highly recommend going on the realitymod.com forums and doing a search for the kashan training mode download. It is a pack of maps and a new mode you can select to run on a local server (training mode) that allows you to spawn instantly, has all the aircraft and vehicles in the game, and they respawn every 10 seconds, so you dont have to wait 20 minutes to test fly. You can put in some good quality flight time and get your skills current.

Best of luck man, see you on the battlefield.

Comment

Go as medic till you can tell friend from foe.

Practise use of vehicles on mostly empty servers, no one will miss 1 vehicle when theres several spare

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...e-minimod.html
              Flight training map on kashan there.
              Learn how to fly, it really helps in the future.

Comment

Excellent!

Thanks for all the support already guys, highly appreciated :)

I will follow the advice given and thanks for the links too (Got them tabbed and ready for when I finish typing this reply)

Thanks again :)

(Can't wait to start joining in.)
                Call'em & Kill'em

Comment

Printing off the manual might help too especially if you end up being a squad leader which happens to any player as people leave and join the squad

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Like the others said, just join the Tacticalgamer server, look for any squads lead by someone with a |TG| tag, join, explain you're new and have fun.
                    Just try not to ask where your crosshair or minimap is.

Hopefully see you on the server sometime.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Difinitely type in-game and ask for invites. PEople complain often that squads are locked, but usually you'll get an invite. There is always a role in a squad that fits the less experienced player well. I will invite you for sure to teach you stuff if I see you in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinobi View Post
                        Excellent!

Thanks for all the support already guys, highly appreciated :)

I will follow the advice given and thanks for the links too (Got them tabbed and ready for when I finish typing this reply)

Thanks again :)

(Can't wait to start joining in.)
                        Like many have said before....just join a squad with 1 or more TG guys in it and be upfront with them. Let them know you are a newbie and they will forgive you will you screw up or dont know how to do something.

Comment

Never worry about being inexperienced.

I've ended up as a SL through attrition but the regs have stepped up and led me by the hand through the ordeal.

As long as your willing to listen and learn they're willing to show you the way.
                          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X