More stressful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More stressful?

I know that this is going to sound stupid, but I want your guys' opinion on this. I found that v0.7 is more stressful than ever! I find myself becoming more short tempered with people and squaddies. I remember when v0.6 came out, it was alot more calm and relaxed. But now, it seems like work trying to play. Do any of you feel this way?
    YES...more than any other version
    62.37%
    NO...others have been worse
    6.45%
    Its never been stressfull
    24.73%
    I am pulling my hair out no matter what version!
    6.45%
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: More stressful?

I don't know that I do, I'm a pretty chillaxed dude...but man...some of the people I've squaded up with are pretty freaking short fused about this game. To the point they get insulting to other squad mates over little mistakes.
    | | |

Comment

I agree with both of you. Part of my short fuse is related to hearing people talk like arrogant nerds and insult away. I know I was a little short today as CO on a 4 hour bout of Kashan, and getting flack on top of that is bad for my heart!
      sigpic

Comment

Even though I only played 0.6 for a short time, I've played 0.7 for about the same amount of time and I think it is a bit more stressful. The lack of SL spawn makes RPs, bunkers and firebases critical, and the screwed up weapons on different teams causes a lot of frustration. It's harder and it seems like there is more on the line and EVERY squad has to be on their game. I have played many rounds where all the squads are pulling their weight except one and we get wiped off the map. Tempers get short when we are all striving to get somewhere and keep hitting a brick wall. Some feel the need to complain, curse, or point the finger at someone. True, this has all been here before, but with added realism comes added stress and when you mix in some game limitations and bugs that make little sense, it's bound to be worse. I wouldn't say 0.7 is very stressful compared to 0.6, but it is slightly and it seems to show. Well, to me anyway. Just remember to keep it fun. Even when I am losing, I'm still having a great time if I'm in a good squad.

Comment

One word to sum up my frustration: medic.

Comment

It's the longer asset spawn times, combined with the lack of SL spawning and larger maps and the silly bugs like disappearing bandages and so forth.

You loose a rp, it's a long walk back to the point of contact even with a forward firebase.
            You loose a vehicle to someone's stupidity, it's a long wait until it respawns usually.

Unfortunately, the more the mod attempts to emulate reality, the worse this stuff will get. When I am sitting in a tank that takes 20 minutes to respawn, and I say, "target, 250 degrees high on the hilltop" and my gunner swivels the wrong way and say's he doesn't see anything and we die, I want to kick him out of the squad once we respawn and get another vehicle so he dies in the gunner position.

This stuff leads to more locked squads simply to attempt to avoid the people who are learning the game and terminology.

Comment

This game is stupidly stressfull but its always been that way to me. It bugs because half the time its not even your fault if you die or it seems impossible to avoid.
              Still I would say .7 is the best version yet. Even some of the maps I didnt like are sometimes ok now because of the greater dynamics to the game, I even played kashan all the way through the other day:icon_eek:

There are a few tips to avoiding stress I reckon. Simplest one I do is let the tk punish thing time out, it always auto forgives. Much less stressfull then actually having to be nice and forgiving, the game does it for you :icon_lol:
              Know which maps are biased for what reasons and also if your squad achieves even a small battle victory in a losing war, just be happy about that.
              Also if we're losing anyway I will just try something new out or test something out for another game where we actually have a chance and it matters, like will a truck go up a certain hill or whatever
              Like next time we're losing (hopelessly) on zatar as usmc I'm going to set a firebase far south just to prove it can be done. Game lost but achievement made and a tactic gained for another time?
              I tend to be sarcastic or take the pee when Im frustrated so apologies for when Ive done that.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Voted yes. It's a bit more stressful but I don't find myself shouting at the PC or anything like that. If I start getting angry, I generally leave the server before I make a mistake and get myself banned ;)
                I think it's always more stressful just after a new version has come out as lots of people hear about this 'new version of PR' and give it a try, so there's lots more newbies in the game trying to get the hang of it (or just TKing for the fun of it). Actually I remember someone saying that for some people, PR is just a vBF2 mappack.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I never played the other versions like I have this, but I am loving it. I love all these extra challenges, I mean the title surgests Reality and for a game this is doing quite a good job. I love when the RP goes down and we have to trek through the map again to reach our objective, makes each round/map different.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
                    I agree with both of you. Part of my short fuse is related to hearing people talk like arrogant nerds and insult away. I know I was a little short today as CO on a 4 hour bout of Kashan, and getting flack on top of that is bad for my heart!
                    Was that the round that ended 7-0?
                    I can understand why you were stressed, your team had nearly 100 more tickets than ours and the South village flag when I became CO.

If I'm having a bad game I try to stick it out and keep morale up then quit once the squad/team has achieved a victory of some sort, recapping a flag, taking down a tank etc. as I hate fininshing off a session feeling defeated and stressed.

Comment

I don't get stressed as much in this version. The pace of the game is slower, and I am less required to run in and get killed when I'm infantry. In this version you often loose without having done something realy wrong. Its just how the cards play out often.

I just try to make my own squad do well, and try not to worry too much if we get pushed back.
                      The aim is to have fun in the squad while working with the rest of the team.

A good example is Jabal. If I have to attack a beach flag that is defended as US, I will just get a drop far from the flag, and we will try to harass the enemy from long range as much as possible, without dieng over an over again. We will try to pull the enemy our way, and only when a friendly squad creates an opportunity will we move in to the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        One word to sum up my frustration: medic.
                        What he said!

Not being able to get to people who need fixing up does make .7 more stressful. Teamwork and having good chain of command is now vital if you want to be anything more than cannon fodder.

When I get the hump I don't slag anyone of on TS or VoIP, but you will see me disconnect very rapidly at the end of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                          I know that this is going to sound stupid, but I want your guys' opinion on this. I found that v0.7 is more stressful than ever! I find myself becoming more short tempered with people and squaddies. I remember when v0.6 came out, it was alot more calm and relaxed. But now, it seems like work trying to play. Do any of you feel this way?

I think it's because you play CO alot, which is understandable. That reminds me, I shoulda changed my vote from not stressed to stressed because I just got stressed out thinking about people not attacking flags on Zatar Wetlands ......oooo that burns me up! :)

Comment

I find it incredibly more frustrating than any previous version.

As example, I'll use our experiences from last night:

OGT: Joined late in the round on the British side. My squad put up a good fight for the time we were in the game but we got wiped off the map.

Al Kufrah: Well, the round started off for us by getting our support truck flipped over in the main when the commander dropped his command post next to our truck while we were loading up. He was new to the CO position, so that's fine. The only problem is it forced us to use a one-man APC to get the squad rolled out to Oil Storage. That, combined with the TF21 guys in the MEC armor, and we got annihilated off the map.

EJOD: Smooth roll out to Gardens. US sent a support truck with a full squad into Gardens at about the same time we're there (this is such crap but I know it's legal). We took them out, but no CO so we can't build. U.S. has us pinned in basically to Gardens. We finally get a CO, but he takes it without an officer kit, still no building. Now I'm really getting pissed off. CO finally gets his O-kit, start the bunker building at Gardens and by now the US has both East and West City and is assaulting Gardens. The tanks weren't even up yet, and I'm sure the TF21 guys were just salivating, waiting for those babies to spawn in. I had enough - good bye! Another route in the making and I'm done. What a crappy night of gaming.

Issues that cause frustration:
                            • Teams horribly unbalanced. I've been on the other side, too, and can understand not wanting to even it up to some extent. However, if one team is repeatedly whipping the other team's butt, even it up otherwise you're going to see half the server leave.
                            • No CO. Can't build? YOU'RE DOOMED!
                            • G3 - I don't need to say anything else. (I can't remember the last time I played EJOD and was on the U.S.)

Also, I was a little short-fused after the practice where people insisted on shooting each other when we're supposed to be figuring things out for the scrim today. What the F is that? I was half-tempted to ban some people last night for that.

(I apologize for the rant. I would just not post this but I guess there might be some valid points mixed in with the venting)

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I voted its never been stressfull. my motivation is its a game! win or lose it should allways be fun! it can be frustraiting when people dont listen ect, but hey if things arent going your way, you can allways power down the computer and step outside! or simply take a break!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X